Doctrines and teachings not required for salvation

Doctrines and teachings not required for salvation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
I'm not sure what you base your idea on salvation upon since the same source for all the things you listed is the same source for Jesus' salvation. If you cannot believe many of the scriptures as they are written, how do you believe in a handful you accept as good and reliable? Is it just that you like some and not others? Therefore, those you like are good and reliable, and ...[text shortened]... es isn't an acceptable practice in either the Old Testament or the New, and you are doing that here.
Which is the doctrines in my OP are in your opinion essential to be believed in for salvation?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Feb 22

@josephw said
Why indeed.

Genesis 3:1-6
¶ Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
¶ And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God ...[text shortened]... the Father, but is of the world.

That's the root of the corruption of God's Word, in my opinion.
Are you saying that “the serpent” I.e. Satan is responsible for all of those doctrines which you don’t agree with as being true?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Feb 22

@josephw said
No. That is not what I'm saying.

If you had been paying attention to what I have said, and understood what I meant, you wouldn't say that.
You keep being asked then, which of the doctrines I listed ARE in your opinion, essential for salvation?

Perhaps you will answer the question without calling me a reprobate or my posting Antichrist.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
If the list is corrupt, who cares?
Which of the doctrines listed are corrupt?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22
1 edit

@divegeester

Salvation is free and for everyone. It refers to not being extinct after death. This phenomena from the eternal dimension can be experienced in the temporal plane through faith in the finished work of Christ at Calvary. In terms of “salvation” everything else is, relatively speaking, theological scenery.

This sounds good. But in actuallity it could be just you saying - "Tell me the barest minimum and get out of my hair so I can go on and live they way I want."

You posture here to only want to know the essentials to salvation. But what is really beneath the surface is a desire to discard many things (I said many) that God has revealed for important reasons to His work.

Maybe you should just be honest. You don't give a damn about what God wants. Just as long as your skin is "saved" with the minimum disruption to opinions you have about many other things.

"Give me my ticket and get out of my hair."
Everything interfering with your view of anything is "theological scenery" non-essential to the minimum basic safty of your own skin.

Maybe you should reduce your Bible to two passages.
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
His mercy endures forever.
The End."
- Divegeester's New Essentials Only Translation.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Feb 22

@sonship said
You don't give a damn about what God wants. Just as long as your skin is "saved" with the minimum disruption to opinions you have about many other things.
Says the biggest mouth worshipper

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22

@divegeester said
OK so you are your own authority on your own interpretation of scripture and alliance with certain handed down doctrine?
Jeez divegeester, that's not even what I said.

Listen! A priori, God's Word is the final authority.

That's what I've been trying to tell you for heaven's sake!

Why can't you see that?!

To hell with my opinions and interpretations. It's about what the scriptures say. They are the final authority.

Now, are you going to understand what I mean or not?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Feb 22

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Feb 22

@josephw said
Jeez divegeester, that's not even what I said.

Listen! A priori, God's Word is the final authority.

That's what I've been trying to tell you for heaven's sake!

Why can't you see that?!

To hell with my opinions and interpretations. It's about what the scriptures say. They are the final authority.

Now, are you going to understand what I mean or not?
In Gods Word there is a stronger case for all people eventually entering the Kingdom of God than it is for A Christians only Kingdom and all other people go to hell for eternity.

F

Moves
03 Feb 22

@josephw said
The whole point is that opinions and interpretations about what the scriptures say differ.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22

@josephw
To whom it may concern: do not link my words and what I say with whatever anyone else says. I stand alone with the Word of God within the context of this particular discussion with whom it is I'm conversing with.

I'm not part of anybody's clique. Except Jesus'.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
In Gods Word there is a stronger case for all people eventually entering the Kingdom of God than it is for A Christians only Kingdom and all other people go to hell for eternity.
So people who reject Jesus Christ and don’t have their sins forgiven enter the Kingdom of God?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@Rajk999

Says the biggest mouth worshipper

So says the perpetual flunky who can only defend his errors with a downturned red thumb.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22

@fmf said
The whole point is that opinions and interpretations about what the scriptures say differ.
Right! Most of the time, it seems, people's opinions and interpretations "differ" from the plain teachings of scripture.

That's the problem. That individual's of any particular branch of systematic theology of opinions and interpretations of scripture differ from each other, and from the text of scripture.

Let the Word speak for itself.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
You never answered the question of whether God can do anything.