Doctrines and teachings not required for salvation

Doctrines and teachings not required for salvation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
03 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
If the list is corrupt, who cares?
Is every item on the list "corrupt"?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Feb 22

@fmf said
He put himself above the scriptures, and I don't care if he hit some and missed some; that wasn't the issue I cared and wrote about. The fact that scriptural truths are dismissed just because was enough not to care one way or another on each point. The truthfulness of the whole was cast out; it wasn't limited to just which ones of these were salvation issues.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22

@fmf said
I am doing no such thing. I am suggesting you address the OP.
I'm addressing what you're saying right now.

The OP is nothing more than a blurt of personal opinion without specific scriptural references to support its claims.

Why don't you address the OP and give us your personal opinions? Even though you don't believe a word of scripture.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22

@fmf said
As far as you should be concerned, yes.

F

Moves
03 Feb 22

@josephw said
The OP is nothing more than a blurt of personal opinion without specific scriptural references to support its claims.
This evasive response presupposes that you have no idea what any of the doctrines listed are or have never heard of them.

F

Moves
03 Feb 22

@josephw said
Why don't you address the OP and give us your personal opinions?
I don't think any of the doctrines listed in the OP have any bearing whatsoever on what happens to Christians after they die.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22

@fmf said
This evasive response presupposes that you have no idea what any of the doctrines listed are or have never heard of them.
Your blurt presupposes you have not been paying attention to anything I've ever said.

F

Moves
03 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
He put himself above the scriptures, and I don't care if he hit some and missed some; that wasn't the issue I cared and wrote about. The fact that scriptural truths are dismissed just because was enough not to care one way or another on each point. The truthfulness of the whole was cast out; it wasn't limited to just which ones of these were salvation issues.
OK, so delete the one about Revelation from the list. What sbout the others? Which ones ARE and are NOT required for "salvation"??

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22

@fmf said
I don't think any of the doctrines listed in the OP have any bearing whatsoever on what happens to Christians after they die.
Is that because you're an existentialist?

F

Moves
03 Feb 22

@josephw said
Your blurt presupposes you have not been paying attention to anything I've ever said.
So, you HAVE taken a clear stance on each doctrine on the list but those stances have been part of everything you have ever said rather than things you have said on this thread, is that right?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Feb 22

@fmf said
So you say divegeester must believe in ALL the listed doctrines [in the OP] in order to be "saved"?
I was very clear on my meaning, why accept salvation from a source you only accept tiny pieces of it? We are not to add to or take away from the Word of God, and doing so makes us liars and sets us up for being cursed by God.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Feb 22

@josephw said
You misread what I said.
So I’m NOT reprobate and my posting isn’t Antichrist?

F

Moves
03 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
I was very clear on my meaning, why accept salvation from a source you only accept tiny pieces of it? We are not to add to or take away from the Word of God, and doing so makes us liars and sets us up for being cursed by God.
So everything on the list is required?

Example: for "salvation", one must believe the "Garden of Eden" story is literally true?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22

@fmf said
OK, so delete the one about Revelation from the list. What sbout the others? Which ones ARE and are NOT required for "salvation"??
Your point is moot because none of the items on the list are relevant to the salvation texts, except may the last one, "Any other doctrine, teaching or assertion", which is absurd if you think about it because it infers that belief in those texts aren't required for salvation when they obviously are.

For example: one cannot be saved unless they believe Jesus died for their sins. That one isn't on the list.

In fact, none of the things in scripture, that one must believe, that are essential for salvation, are even listed.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Feb 22

@josephw said
On the contrary, when I read the text of scripture I hear them speaking to me.

The scriptures are God speaking to me. Much of it is hard to accept sometimes because it goes against the grain of my own selfish self will.

Hebrews 4:12,13
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spir ...[text shortened]... fest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
OK so you are your own authority on your own interpretation of scripture and alliance with certain handed down doctrine?