Doctrines and teachings not required for salvation

Doctrines and teachings not required for salvation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
03 Feb 22

@josephw said
That's the root of the corruption of God's Word, in my opinion.
Which of the doctrines listed in the OP are "corruptions of God's Word"?

F

Moves
03 Feb 22

@josephw said
No. That is not what I'm saying.

If you had been paying attention to what I have said, and understood what I meant, you wouldn't say that.
I was talking to KellyJay. YOU should pay attention.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Then why does Christendom have so many interpretations ?
Why do scientists have many possible interpretations of data? When we study a thing, we come at it from different perspectives, causing us to look at things through different eyes due to our individual experiences and world views. The thing about the written word and science is there is but one truth; it doesn't contradict anything else that is also true; it will complement it, they will all fit together always. The truths about the universe will never be at odds with one another, our understanding maybe, but reality works nicely, like clockwork. Our views, our opinions, our theories, our understanding should be to find the truth, not declare it by definition, making it fit into our understanding, follow science isn't being done when we declare this is true, and we will hear of no opposing views on this topic or that one that is dogma not seeking after truth.

The written word always has meaning; twisting it to make it say something it doesn't is like looking at the universe and making up something that doesn't fit reality because you like your idea over what is right in front of you. You have the biological body of a male; you want to be female, that doesn't change you, any more than a farmer could think he could buy a bunch of roosters only and they will lay eggs for him because he wants them too, or a rancher buying nothing but bulls so that he could get milk from them without cows. (examples from a meme I saw)

F

Moves
03 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
Why do scientists have many possible interpretations of data? When we study a thing, we come at it from different perspectives, causing us to look at things through different eyes due to our individual experiences and world views. The thing about the written word and science is there is but one truth; it doesn't contradict anything else that is also true; it will complement ...[text shortened]... ing nothing but bulls so that he could get milk from them without cows. (examples from a meme I saw)
Are your interpretations of scripture the correct ones?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22

@fmf said
Which of the doctrines listed in the OP are "corruptions of God's Word"?
God's word are the scriptures, not some list of things written by a man.

God had spoken to Adam and told him clearly "thou shalt surely die" if he should eat of the tree.

Along comes Satan and he says, "Ye shall not surely die".

Called God a liar, no?

That's how the corruption of God's Word got started.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22

@fmf said
I was talking to KellyJay. YOU should pay attention.
Yes I should. Got me!

F

Moves
03 Feb 22

@josephw said
That's how the corruption of God's Word got started.
OK, so that's "how it got started". Understood. Now, which of the doctrines listed in the OP are "corruptions of God's Word"?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Feb 22

@fmf said
As far as I know, I'm always open to being corrected with scripture, who wants to believe in something not true. When we study scripture, our interpretations of it should fit with all other scriptural truths, if they don't, there is an issue, and it will not be with the scripture but us.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Feb 22

@fmf said
OK, so that's "how it got started". Understood. Now, which of the doctrines listed in the OP are "corruptions of God's Word"?
If any of them run counter to what the scriptures say they are corruptions of it, the op even outright rejects a book of scripture completely. If you cannot see that corruption, you don't want to see it because it is right before you, so you would have to be willfully blind to miss it.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22

@fmf said
2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

You should pay attention. Obviously the inference is that the scriptures interpret themselves, say what they mean, and mean what they say.

You should stop trying to spin the narrative of this discussion to agree with your opinions and personal interpretations.

F

Moves
03 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
If any of them run counter to what the scriptures say they are corruptions of it, the op even outright rejects a book of scripture completely.
OK, so strike that one from the list. What about the other ones?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
If any of them run counter to what the scriptures say they are corruptions of it, the op even outright rejects a book of scripture completely. If you cannot see that corruption, you don't want to see it because it is right before you, so you would have to be willfully blind to miss it.
FMF gets it kelly. He just wants to look smarter than you so he'll run you around spinning the discussion in the direction he wants it to go till he makes you look like some kind of buffoon.

F

Moves
03 Feb 22

@josephw said
You should stop trying to spin the narrative of this discussion to agree with your opinions and personal interpretations.
I am doing no such thing. I am suggesting you address the OP.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Feb 22
1 edit

@fmf said
OK, so strike that one from the list. What about the other ones?
If the list is corrupt, who cares?

F

Moves
03 Feb 22

@josephw said
FMF gets it kelly. He just wants to look smarter than you so he'll run you around spinning the discussion in the direction he wants it to go till he makes you look like some kind of buffoon.
KellyJay believes that the "damned" are burned in fire for eternity.

You don't.

Whose understanding of "eternal torment" is correct?

Can one be wrong about this doctrine and still be "saved"?