Dive is fake, pt. 2

Dive is fake, pt. 2

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
09 Aug 19

@chaney3 said
Now, if Jesus teaches change, via being born again, one would be foolish to 'claim' being born again, yet living as the 'old self'.
I think the doctrine of rebirth comes more from Paul than Jesus, but maybe the Christians could clarify that point.

I don't recall Mister Dive claiming to be born again, but I haven't trawled through his post history.

If Dive has said that he has been born again, who are we puny dust sprites to rush the Holy Spirit? God works in His own good time, not on our schedule.

c

Moves
09 Aug 19
1 edit

@caesar-salad said
I think the doctrine of rebirth comes more from Paul than Jesus, but maybe the Christians could clarify that point.

I don't recall Mister Dive claiming to be born again, but I haven't trawled through his post history.

If Dive has said that he has been born again, who are we puny dust sprites to rush the Holy Spirit? God works in His own good time, not on our schedule.
Sounds like a great reason to continue sinning then.

Just claim the Holy Spirit has not reached you yet? Sounds weak.

Moves
09 Aug 19

On a side note, here's an example of "the fear of God" that makes sense to me.

If one has personally come to believe that the God of the Cosmos participates in the material world, and that It is willing to change us from within, but needs our consent and invitation to do so, wouldn't that be extremely scary for some people just to consider whether or not to consent and invite that infinitely overwhelming power in, to begin Its work?

Moves
09 Aug 19
3 edits

@chaney3 said

How is that any skin off your nose? Were you put on Earth to police and control other people? *

"Sinning" is part of a specific moral framework, distinct from any ethical considerations outside that framework, even though of course there is some overlap in behavioral results. Do you yourself submit to that specific moral framework?

Also, for someone to make that act of consent and invite the Holy Spirit to begin Its transformative work is an extremely courageous and humble act in itself.

Edit: And a very trusting one!
_____
* At least Dive and FMF have certificates and badges, apparently.

Moves
09 Aug 19

@chaney3 said
Exactly my point.

He is aware that he's wrong, but just shrugs his shoulders and refuses to modify it.
"Mom! Bobby's staring at me!"

c

Moves
09 Aug 19

@caesar-salad said
How is that any skin off your nose? Were you put on Earth to police and control other people?

"Sinning" is part of a specific moral framework, distinct from any ethical considerations outside that framework, even though of course there is some overlap in behavioral results.

Also, for someone to make that act of consent and invite the Holy Spirit to begin Its trans ...[text shortened]... ormative work is an extremely courageous and humble act in itself.

Edit: And a very trusting one!
Your "time out" post to dive on the previous page contradicts what you are saying now.

c

Moves
09 Aug 19

@caesar-salad said
"Mom! Bobby's staring at me!"
Okay, guess you're an idiot.
Carry on.

Moves
09 Aug 19

@divegeester
Sorry if I have misunderstood you and your intentions.

But if you really are a Son of the Adversary, it behooves us to keep you on your toes, right? 😉 JOKE!

Moves
09 Aug 19

@chaney3 said
Your "time out" post to dive on the previous page contradicts what you are saying now.
If you zoomed out about 10X you would see that it is congruent and harmonious in a jazz way.

Moves
09 Aug 19

@chaney3 said
Okay, guess you're an idiot.
Carry on.
I'm a big fan of Dostoevsky and of his novel, "The Idiot".

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Aug 19

@chaney3 said
Exactly my point.

He is aware that he's wrong, but just shrugs his shoulders and refuses to modify it.
Should he rather follow your shining example of Christianity?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Aug 19

@chaney3 said

And what is your claim regarding the Holy Spirit? Has it reached you yet?

c

Moves
09 Aug 19

@suzianne said
Should he rather follow your shining example of Christianity?
No.
If he just followed Jesus' example a little bit, he'd be wise.

c

Moves
09 Aug 19

@suzianne said
And what is your claim regarding the Holy Spirit? Has it reached you yet?
According to the bible, the Holy Spirit is a "He".

Moves
09 Aug 19

@divegeester said
Are you suggesting chaney3 was wrong to start this thread and the several others he has kicked off attacking me. If so you really should say so unequivocally.

Or, are you just blurting another little jab?
Who cares? I'm sure you won't mind my being just as dismissive as you.