1. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    27 Jun '21 12:09
    @sonship

What about the difference between mitochondria and metrochondria?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '21 13:47
    @kevin-eleven said
    @sonship

What about the difference between mitochondria and metrochondria?
    Well, Mr. Kryptonite, you can talk about that.

I will be speaking to the spirit of man and the soul of man.
    Both are part of the total make up of man.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jun '21 06:451 edit
    @sonship said

I will be speaking to the spirit of man and the soul of man.
    Both are part of the total make up of man.
    You really should consider doing more “speaking to the spirits and souls” of your local neighbourhood because, according to you, if you really believe it, many of them will be burning alive for eternity if you don’t.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jun '21 06:55
    @divegeester
    Could someone give me a brief synapsis of divegeester's argument against the God in the Bible?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jul '21 14:161 edit
    @medullah said
    Yes

To contact the dead was forbidden to the Israelites under the law covenant, and even more so for a King over the chosen people that the Messiah was designated to arrive through.

That wasn't Samuel for the scriptures make it clear that dead is dead. Therefor it was a demonic imposter.
    I just noticed this.

No, medullah. The way it reads to me is that Samuel's immaterial part came up from the realm of the dead.

I think You are saying that it was "familiar spirit" - a demonic spirit, an unclean spirit that was customarily involved in deception.

But the account mentions that it WAS Samuel. Either the writer of the book of First Samuel was deceived or he was writing faithfully what happened.
    About four times it says plainly Samuel was the person involved.

Ie. " And SAMUEL said to Saul, Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?" (1 Sam. 28:15a)

Your interpretation would be that he didn't exist. How can someone who does not exist be disturbed? Do you think if you went to the grave yard and somehow they were to rise from the state of rottenness, decay, decomposition, and disintegration they would complain "Why have you disturbed me in bringing me up? I was having a good undisturbed restful time here rotting away."

The way it is written, God made an exception by directly intervening.
    And because it was a miracle of God rather than the deception of "familiar spirits" the witch of Endor was shocked. This time it was the real deal!

There is no other reason for her to be shocked unless it actually WAS this time the person she was requested to summon up by her occult skills.

"Now when the woman saw Samuel, she cried out with a loud voice . . ."

I see here probably screaming medullah, screaming in astonishment as she had NEVER done before in all her deceptive dealings in the forbidden act of necromancy.

" . . . she cried out with a loud voice; and the woman spoke to Saul, saying, why have you deceived me? For you are Saul." (v.12)
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jul '21 14:171 edit
    This witch was use to being in command of the situation to the dazzlement of her deceived paying customers. She knew the demonic world. Today people still have seances. When the matter becomes too realistic as in this situation the experiences medium only would scream with the realization that this time it was he or she who had gotten involved with something realistic and more than they could handle.

God had angels accompany Samuel's spirit up from that realm and the witch was astounded, shocked, and realized king Saul was the master of the situation.

I would add that the irony of the account is that Saul was more guilty than she was. And even the witch had to come along and comfort Saul for how utterly low he had fallen from God.

" . . . Saul fell his full length to the ground, and he was very afraid because of SAMUEL'S words. And there was no strength in him, . . . And the woman came to Saul and saw that he was very troubled. And she said to him, Indeed, your servant has listened to your voice; and I have put my life in my hand and have listend to your words which you spoke to me.

Now therefore, you listen also to the voice of your servant, and let me set a morsel of bread before you; and eat, that you may have strength when you go on your way. But he refused and said, I will not eat. Then his servants, as well as the woman, compelled him . . . " (vs.21,22).

King Saul was in worse shape then the witch ! For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, as Samuel had warned him before.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree