Differencce between spirit and soul?

Differencce between spirit and soul?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
18 Jun 21

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Jun 21

@Kevin-Eleven

A short nice little song.
How was it related here to soul and spirit ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jun 21
1 edit

This morning I pray read a wonderful verse on the human spirit. It was Paul's prayer for all Christians that God would give them a spirit of wisdom and revelation!

"That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the full knowledge of Him,

The eyes of your heart having been enlightened, that you may now the hope of His calling . . . " (Eph. 1:17,18)

We are born into this world on this side of Adam's fall with a damaged and comatose human. It is not fully functional. It is hurt by the sinful fall of our forefather Adam.

The apostle has a prayer for every born again man and woman, that God would give them a fully functioning regenerated spirit. That is a spirit with a deep wisdom and enlightening revelation concerning WHO Christ is.

Here the spirit I think is called "the eyes of your heart".

I'll talk about the heart latter.
That is also a specific term in the Bible.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
23 Jun 21
1 edit

@vivify said
What is the difference between a spirit and a soul?
Spirit is a global and all imcohmpassing aspect of reality ( if it exists ) Soul is a niche concept created as a hostage to religious dogma ( that doesn’t exist ).

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Jun 21

@kevcvs57

Most young men these days whining about being held hostage to "religious dogma" just want to be left alone so they can go to bed with their girlfriend without the bother of marriage.

F

Moves
23 Jun 21

@sonship said
Most young men these days whining about being held hostage to "religious dogma" just want to be left alone so they can go to bed with their girlfriend without the bother of marriage.
There are countless hundreds of millions of people who believe in supernatural beings, religious dogma, and "sin", just like you do, who have sexual intercourse "without the bother of marriage".

If they have declared themselves to be irreversibly "saved" - in accordance with their religious dogma - just like you have done - and their "sins" cannot reverse it - as you have claimed many times - then having sexual intercourse "without the bother of marriage" is neither here nor there.

F

Moves
23 Jun 21
1 edit

sonship, don't you believe that a concentration camp commandant who ordered and oversaw hundreds of thousands of murders was able to go to "heaven", so to speak, if he 'accepted Jesus as his Lord and Saviour' in his last few seconds of his life? Or would him having ignored "religious dogma" and had sexual intercourse "without the bother of marriage" be a spanner in the works?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Jun 21
1 edit

@kevcvs57 said
Spirit is a global and all imcohmpassing aspect of reality ( if it exists ) Soul is a niche concept created as a hostage to religious dogma ( that doesn’t exist ).
Atheism is the sophisticated philosophy that develops in a young man in conjunction and proportional with him realizing he can obtain sex outside of marriage.

F

Moves
23 Jun 21
2 edits

@sonship said
Atheism is the sophisticated philosophy that develops in a young man in conjunction and proportional with him realizing he can obtain sex outside of marriage.
Atheism is the sophisticated philosophy ...

You are mistaken. "Atheism" is not a philosophy. It is a lack of theism. How many years have you been on this website pretending to engage with people who do not share your belief in your God figure or a belief in anyone's God or Gods? And here you are saying something clunky and ignorant to an atheist that makes you sound like he is the first one you have ever conversed with.

F

Moves
23 Jun 21
1 edit

This could be interesting. sonship, who scarcely ever talks about obeying commandments and just talks instead about himself and his immortality, and all the rest of it, now seems to be embarking on - maybe? - some prurient remarks about other people's sex lives. Not remarks about the nitty Christian gritty of loving one's neighbour in the real world, or doing unto others what you would have them do unto you, in reality, or feeding the poor, or the sick, or the elderly. No. Not those kinds of things. Never those kinds of things! He is making snooty remarks about other people's sex lives. Ha! Walk the walk!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Jun 21
1 edit

@fmf said
This could be interesting. sonship, who scarcely ever talks about obeying commandments and just talks instead about himself and his immortality, and all the rest of it, now seems to be embarking on - maybe? - some prurient remarks about other people's sex lives. Not remarks about the nitty Christian gritty of loving one's neighbour in the real world, or doing unto others what you ...[text shortened]... hose kinds of things! He is making snooty remarks about other people's sex lives. Ha! Walk the walk!
It is interesting that not once did Jesus speak about the sin of fornication or adultery. It was brought up only in connection with a divorce. This is how you know those who are true followers of Christ, by the simple fact that their focus differs from that of typical Christian churches, and it mimics what Jesus preached. Sonship and many believers in the doctrine of the church, is miles away from that.

Re: Commandments - I will go so far as to state that sonship never talks about obeying the commandments of Christ. I can remember many years ago when I first brought up this topic, the first reaction from sonship [and others like him], was
- which commandments from Christ should I follow
- there are 615 commandments
- do you follow all 615 commandments
- how do people remember all 615 commandments
- if you cannot follow all then you are guilty
- that is burdensome

This is how church people argue against Christ's teachings. It is only in the last couple years he started speaking of commandments but grudgingly so and not even close to what Jesus said, and nothing to do with good works and charity. Not a word about feeding the poor, helping the needy etc.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
23 Jun 21

@sonship said
Unfortunately for you and raks analysis I’m not an atheist.
The existence of God or Gods does not rely on the existence of the soul.
Only certain God models require a hostage in the shape of the soul, yours being one of them.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Jun 21
4 edits

@kevcvs57

It will irk Rajk999 no end to think you class him and me together.
No I do not know that you are an atheist.

I just show you I can generalize too.

Soul is a niche concept created as a hostage to religious dogma ( that doesn’t exist ).

Now what could you possibly have as an objection to a human soul?

Do you think your belief has a weight, a chemical make up, or an electrical charge to it?

I mean do you think your love or choices or imaginations can be reduced to a combination of molecules?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Jun 21
1 edit

@sonship said
@kevcvs57

Not at all. Kevcvs57 knows that we stand at opposite ends of the Christian spectrum.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
23 Jun 21

@sonship said
@kevcvs57

No I do not know that you are an atheist.
I just show you I can generalize too.

Now what could you possibly have as an objection to a human soul?

Do you think your belief has a weight, a chemical make up, a voltage or charge to it?

I mean do you think your love or choices or imaginations can be reduced to a combination of molecules?
Sorry but all you monotheist’s look alike to me.
I don’t have an objection to the soul, Intellectually I can see the purpose it serves a dogma based god model but not any actual evidence for it.
You seem to be implying that a failure to adhere to a pre existing model of god or gods is an atheistic stance but it obviously isn’t.