Dick Cheney's lesbian daughter

Dick Cheney's lesbian daughter

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
01 Jun 07

Originally posted by josephw
In principle I agree with some of your points. I constantly strive to examine my motives and will probably always need improvement. I'm certain of it.

But here we are again at that impasse. It seems to boil down to whether or not we were created. If so, then there are rules to live by, given to us by our maker.

I'll have to take issue with the "misguid ...[text shortened]... bible? I'm just asking because that would make for an interesting discussion. Do you think?
Well I've read it, and I was raised as a Christian - did the Sunday School thing and all that. I would say my knowledge of scripture is introductory.
What I meant by misguided is in the sense of seeing scripture as some infallible and literal document rather than as a text written by people trying to understand experiences they were going through at a particular place and time.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
01 Jun 07

Originally posted by josephw
I wish it were just about the capacity to do the job. Politics are ruining things. Power and control is the name of the game.

Oddly enough I think I would have had a great time partying with Bill. He's got a great personality. If he had been morally and ethically strait I think he could have gotten a 3rd term.

I think you mean Lewinski.
Oooops, yes, Lewinski. Slip of the brain. Mind you, a Clinton - Lebowski thing would be an interesting proposition too - you ever seen "The Big Lebowski"?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
01 Jun 07

Originally posted by ivanhoe
Don't you think the child wants to know who his father is when he grows older ?
Kirk ?

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
01 Jun 07

Confused already ? ...... just wait till the child starts asking questions and wants to know who his father is.
When the child asks, and the two women parents deem the child old enough to understand, the
child should be informed as to the nature of its conception just like any other child in any other
relationship. If the child was conceived by anonymous donor, then that child ought to be informed
in the same way as if the child was conceived by an anonymous donor in a heterosexual, infertile
marriage.

What's the big problem here, Ivanhoe? You're acting as if this is a complicated question for two
responsible parents to address.

Nemesio

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
02 Jun 07

Kirk ?
Yes. But this need to know or inquire is much like adoptive kids wanting to know who their birth parents are.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
06 Jun 07

Originally posted by Nemesio
What's the big problem here, Ivanhoe? You're acting as if this is a complicated question for two
responsible parents to address.
Ivanhoe?

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
07 Jun 07

Ivanhoe?
Hmm?

JJ

Moves
08 Jun 07

Hmm?
You call that a informed and clever post Nemesio.... look closer to home before you put me down!!!!

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
08 Jun 07

Originally posted by Jay Joos
You call that a informed and clever post Nemesio.... look closer to home before you put me down!!!!
It was a solicitation for Ivanhoe to respond to my well-thought out
post above. Ivanhoe has a notorious history of asking questions and
not answering those posed to him (or ignoring the answer).

Of course, it relies on your reading more than a single post to assess
context, but that's probably how you read the Bible (one verse at a time)
so I should probably expect it.

As for looking closer to home: I'm sure Jesus would be proud of your
post to me, though.

Nemesio

l

London

Moves
12 Jun 07

Originally posted by kirksey957
has a given birth to a baby boy. What do the conservative Christians on the site think of this?
As an objective matter -- miracle of life and birth; something to celebrate there.

How she views the kid and plans to raise it -- totally different matter.

t
Gandalf's Hero.

And I should say????

Moves
12 Jun 07
1 edit

It was a solicitation for Ivanhoe to respond to my well-thought out
post above. Ivanhoe has a notorious history of asking questions and
not answering those posed to him (or ignoring the answer).

Of course, it relies on your reading more than a single post to assess
context, but that's probably how you read the Bible (one verse at a time)
so I shoul ...[text shortened]... looking closer to home: I'm sure Jesus would be proud of your
post to me, though.

Nemesio
Not only that Nemesio.
Your post where so good it seemd to stop him in his traks...
good job
Edit:that is why i gave you a recomendation...

l

London

Moves
13 Jun 07

This ain't about the baby. Shouldn't Christians see this as an event in which gays should be allowed to marry so as this child doesn't grow up with a bastard identity? This is about family values.
And I thought advocates of the whole "Gay adoption" thing said it was all about the child. Of course those of us on the conservative side were just being "bigots" for suggesting that this was all really just a back-door to try and get "gay marriage" on to the statutes.

l

London

Moves
13 Jun 07

Do you think gays hate God?
Everyone hates it when God says "no" to something we want. Gays are not unique in that respect.

l

London

Moves
13 Jun 07

I know a lot of gays who love Jesus. Teach Sunday school and all that.
Do they love the Jesus who spoke about the indissolubility of marriage? The Jesus who asked the adulteress to "Go and sin no more"?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
13 Jun 07

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Do they love the Jesus who spoke about the indissolubility of marriage? The Jesus who asked the adulteress to "Go and sin no more"?
Yes but as you know none of us "go and sin no more."