Dasa and the thought police

Dasa and the thought police

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
12 May 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I have really little idea what Dasa said for as I also stated I rarely read his text but it did not matter because he was not the essence of my thread.
Then why have you stated that his texts constitute a hate crime?

rc

Moves
12 May 16
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
If it wasn't Dasa you were defending by claiming had been "set up by the thought police", then who was it?
Dasa was brought into the discussion by other people who failed to grasp the real intent of my thread. I wanted to see if I could defend the indefensible and dasa was a convenient vehicle. Of interest was people's focus. There were those like you whose constant focus is on personalities and who did not want to discuss the wider principles and others who did. It was very difficult to get anyone to see beyond dasa and I wished I had not included him for he was too much of a distraction. Still it was fun.

rc

Moves
12 May 16

Originally posted by FMF
Then why have you stated that his texts constitute a hate crime?
It rather tedious to address this kind of question. The answer is clearly in the thread and I suggest you read it.

F

Moves
12 May 16

Dasa was brought into the discussion by other people who failed to grasp the real intent of my thread.
You mentioned Dasa's name in the thread title, You mentioned him several times in your OP. You mentioned him repeatedly on page 1 and on most of the pages thereafter. You specifically claimed that Dasa was a victim of the "though police". And yet you have not sought to mount the same defence in the case of Duchess64.

F

Moves
12 May 16

It rather tedious to address this kind of question. The answer is clearly in the thread and I suggest you read it.
But you cannot credibly claim BOTH "I have really little idea what Dasa said for as I also stated I rarely read his text" AND "[Dasa's] texts constitute a hate crime" at the same time.

F

Moves
12 May 16

There were those like you whose constant focus is on personalities and who did not want to discuss the wider principles and others who did.
But surely "the wider principles" apply to how people actually behave and what they actually say. On one hand you defended Dasa and condemned those who alerted his posts which resulted in a ban, while on the other hand you condemned Duches64 and alerted posts you did not like which resulted in a ban. How are "the wider principles" you speak of being applied to your own behaviour?

Moves
12 May 16

Originally posted by finnegan
Much Madness is divinest Sense -

BY EMILY DICKINSON

Much Madness is divinest Sense -
To a discerning Eye -
Much Sense - the starkest Madness -
’Tis the Majority
In this, as all, prevail -
Assent - and you are sane -
Demur - you’re straightway dangerous -
And handled with a Chain -
That does not actually answer my question.

F

Moves
13 May 16
1 edit

Duchess64 was caught red handed in the act of slanderously attempting to vilify someone by vile insinuation That is an overt act outwith mere thought. Hatred manifest in action.
Earlier on this thread, didn't you attempt to pat yourself on the back for "bravery" and "tolerance" in your defence of Dasa when you depicted yourself as "...stand[ing] up to thought police and to champion freedom of thought and freedom of expression even for those whose views we abhor takes not only a greater degree of bravery but also a greater degree of tolerance"?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 May 16

His crime was inciting religious hatred. In what way did he incite religious hatred?
I would think anyone calling for the deaths of ALL Muslims would be by definition inciting religious hatred. I read those words myself if that means anything. Why don't you want to read them since you are the one putting up the subject? If you refuse to read his filth how do you expect to reasonably defend him?

I don't like ANY religion, I think they are all man made scams but I would never call for the deaths of any one of these religions.

My solution, if I could, would be to find a nice habitable planet I could live on with like minded friends, about 10,000 of them so we can start the process of actually making a mature human race, which you would have to admit is not true now.

And I know religion is not the only thing causing humans to go rogue and start killing but it is a GREAT excuse for those hell bent on destruction.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 May 16

I thought the conversation we were having regarding Robbie crying to the mods and having them delete all evidence of his statements here and then having Duchess banned was a hell of a lot more interesting than the latest episode of "The FMF and Robbie Show" we've all been subjected to for the last five pages.

We understand the motives. FMF trying to appear to be the brilliant barrister and Robbie just relieved that we're no longer talking about his manipulation of the mods. Truthfully, I'd be surprised if anyone's still here. Well done, boys. 😞

F

Moves
13 May 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
I thought the conversation we were having regarding Robbie crying to the mods and having them delete all evidence of his statements here and then having Duchess banned was a hell of a lot more interesting than the latest episode of "The FMF and Robbie Show" we've all been subjected to for the last five pages.
The conversation over the last five pages has been about robbie "crying to the mods and having them delete all evidence of his statements here and then having Duchess banned". At issue is not only robbie's hypocrisy but also his extremely dodgy "moral" stance over rape. Calling him out for it is what led to robbie getting Duchess64 banned.

F

Moves
13 May 16

FMF trying to appear to be the brilliant barrister...
I think the appearance of brilliance on my part is more a case of robbie being a ridiculous defendant in this matter, but thank you all the same. 😉

rc

Moves
13 May 16

We understand the motives. FMF trying to app ...[text shortened]... ulation of the mods. Truthfully, I'd be surprised if anyone's still here. Well done, boys. 😞
More fruitcakery! You cannot petition the site administration to have someone banned! All you can do is submit an alert and leave it to the sound judgement of the site administration.

F

Moves
13 May 16
1 edit

More fruitcakery! You cannot petition the site administration to have someone banned! All you can do is submit an alert and leave it to the sound judgement of the site administration.
galveston75 once famously claimed he had petitioned the site administration to have me banned and also claimed that he had successfully had several people banned in the past. I don't recall you referring to his claims as "fruitcakery". Indeed, I seem to remember you threatening to try to get me banned on at least two occasions.

F

Moves
13 May 16

There were those like you whose constant focus is on personalities and who did not want to discuss the wider principles and others who did.
Do you think your supposed "bravery" and "tolerance" and your "wider principles" have been on display in your behaviour and public statements regarding Dasa and Duchess64 on this thread?