Creation/Evolution

Creation/Evolution

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
24 Jul 09

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
It induces fear. But some commentary as to why it is a mirror image would help with that.
Because it induces fear😵

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
24 Jul 09

Originally posted by black beetle
Because it induces fear😵
While my piece was light comedy.

Could you list a few games that were particularly terrifying? This is interesting.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
24 Jul 09

Originally posted by LemonJello
[b]You see, I believe that life is sacred -and I feel not the need to back up morally this approach of mine, just as I feel not the need to back up morally my approach that I will kill on the spot whoever threats deadly the persons I love.

Yes, and that is probably one reason why the propensity for moral thought evolved: because it produces a sort ...[text shortened]... control over our noetic structure through introspectible operations and practical cognition.[/b]
Excellent.

The voluntary control the way I perceive it, is a product of Musashi's Void. The user of Taia's sword keeps her/ his inner intelligence above morality after countless chores/ methods, which they all have to be abandonned on the spot just by the time the shifting of one's personal point of attention is validated. Then the person becomes effective at another central point that connects her/ him at first with her/ his conceptual and non-conceptual awareness and on the other hand with kosmos, and the result is that s/he is then able to use the sword of Taia efficiently.

At that level there is no dualism, no object and no subject. And the essence of "voluntary control" becomes a trivial by-product of the essence of one's existence (awareness at every level); therefore it seems to me that "eudaimonia" becomes too a trivial by-product, which it springs as naturally as breathing due to the fact that the cause-effect circle (karma) is broken.
😵

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
24 Jul 09

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
While my piece was light comedy.

Could you list a few games that were particularly terrifying? This is interesting.
Almost every GM game is terrifying;

But if you want to feel the essence of the terror on the chessboard you have anyway to study Dvoretsky's "Endgame Manual". The horror is the understanding that you have the power to kill yourself with a trillion ways, and that you actually do it again again trapped within a strange timezone at which you react as a flatliner, whilst you keep up living seemingly normally unaware of this fact; the ultimate horror is when you get the notification that you are actually dead.

The pleasure on the chessboard starts just after your understanding that you are dead. Then you are at last awaken and your meditation over objects becomes fruitful
😵

d

Moves
24 Jul 09

Is honesty or dishonesty a standing alone property of the honest or of the dishonest persons, or is it a result of a specific modification of the mind? Is there any place other than your mind, in which you may spot honesty or dishonesty standing there alone as is, as if they had own-being, as if they were an "absolute truth"?
😵
It's in your mind.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
25 Jul 09

Originally posted by daniel58
It's in your mind.
Excellent, daniel58; then honesty/ dishonesty is solely a dualist product of the mind of the Human: the Human uses his mind and he simply produces a product that it is not established by own-being.

Then, as the time passes by, he creates a system of beliefs that they are all based on his own product (for example, honesty), and then soon he becomes behaving according to that system.
Generation after generation the product “honesty” causes a whole attitude to the Human, who becomes transformed -he becomes virtually a product of his product.
Caused by one another, the product “honesty” and the product “Human behavior”, and also the product “Human” as a whole, they are not established by own-being but they are both products of the mind.

Now replace the product “honesty” with every other product of the Human mind (science, religions, beliefs, attitude, cars, races, emotions, you name it). What do you see? Can we claim that these products of ours they have own-being and that therefore they are the “absolute truth” just because we are aware of their existence?
😵

d

Moves
25 Jul 09

Generation after generation the product “honesty” causes a whole attitude to the Human, who becomes transformed -he becomes virtually a product of his product.

Caused by one another, the product “honesty” and the product “Human behavior”, and also the product “Human” as a whole, they are not established by own-being but they are both products of the mind.

Now replace the product “honesty” wi ...[text shortened]... d that therefore they are the “absolute truth” just because we are aware of their existence?
😵[/b]
No humans are always material.

Those can exist outside of our mind though.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
25 Jul 09

They exist solely because we created them, therefore they have no own-being. Since they are strictly products of ours and they cannot exist without the energy of our mind, these creatures of ours are not "absolute truth" but merely creatures of ours.

And where these creatures of ours were before their creation? It seems to me that they were non-existent in the real world. I think that they were laying deep inside in our mind like a dream, as miscellaneous "potentialities of becoming". And I think that when we decided that we had to invent them and to make a theory or a real construction according to their image as we had it in our mind, then yes, they finally became existent. But we cannot claim that they are "absolute truth" -all of our products they are simply our dreams which we turned them true on owr own, and they exist solely thanks to our mind.
😵

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
26 Jul 09

Edit:

"No humans are material".

Really? What is the "matter" from which they Human is "made of"? What is the "matter" constituting everything that you consider "matterial", and what from is that "matter" created or constructed?
😵

d

Moves
26 Jul 09

Edit:

"No humans are material".

Really? What is the "matter" from which they Human is "made of"? What is the "matter" constituting everything that you consider "matterial", and what from is that "matter" created or constructed?
😵
God created matter, everything we can see is matter.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
26 Jul 09

😵

Cape Town

Moves
26 Jul 09

Actually what we 'see' is light (energy).

d

Moves
26 Jul 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
Actually what we 'see' is light (energy).
True but we see things with the help of light, like I can see my brother but he's not light.

Cape Town

Moves
27 Jul 09

True but we see things with the help of light, like I can see my brother but he's not light.
And what you see is only your brothers body. You cannot see his thoughts.

d

Moves
27 Jul 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
And what you see is only your brothers body. You cannot see his thoughts.
EXACTLY, his thoughts are not MATERIAL!