Creation is evidence for which God?

Creation is evidence for which God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Innocence gone, being naked presented itself as a problem when one becomes self aware.
But weren't they "made for each other"? Or, I guess, according to your mythology, she was made for him (of course). Why have a sudden embarassment? Would married couples who had had children together have this "embarassment"?

Something's not adding up.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Mar 19

@suzianne said
But weren't they "made for each other"? Or, I guess, according to your mythology, she was made for him (of course). Why have a sudden embarassment? Would married couples who had had children together have this "embarassment"?

Something's not adding up.
They lost their innocence and immediately the focus became themselves. I don't know if you have had kids or not but they don't start off worrying about being naked due to their innocence they just enjoy life as they grow, but they acquire modesty in life as they grow being aware. The thing about that tree of knowledge, God understood evil, but it cannot affect him He cannot even be tempted with it, nor does He tempt anyone. The issue for us, Adam and Eve became to understand evil, the reason they now understood it was due to them taking it into themselves making it a part of their and now our nature.

That was a small part of the process that Satan left off in his temptations. God told them they would die, and what they were did.

My "mythology", you have separated yourself from scripture too?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Mar 19

@wolfgang59 said
What is wrong with being naked?

Have you ever been on a nudist beach and experienced it?
If you have you would know it isn't a problem.
If you haven't then you don't know what you are talking about.
Someone told me once that was the goal of the first nudist, they wanted to get back to the beginning where it was written that was how we were at the start, naked and unashamed. The issue was and still is, this isn't a dress code issue with evil, it is a heart issue.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Mar 19

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Backing up what claim, that the universe sprang from God and didn't spring from nothing? That God created life and life wasn't started by an unguided, uncaring, blind process without a care on what happens next? What is it in science that shows you how and why you can say the universe wasn't created?
What relevance do those questions have to the topic being discussed? We were talking Adam & Eve and how there is no evidence to back up a literal Biblical interpretation.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Mar 19

@sonship said
@Proper-Knob

I didn't say we don't have lots of scientific evidence regarding human history.

Evidence that surely there was not a first man or first woman as parents of us all? What's your strongest piece of evidence that that is impossible ?
That would be genetics. All life on our planet shares a common ancestor. This is basic evolution 101.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
16 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Your problem making a statement about evolution is that the word itself can be defined several different ways and so when someone points to one possible flavor of evolution it can be taken that every flavor of evolution is true. Please be specific if possible, you have observed what?
There is a generally understood meaning of evolution.

I refer to that one.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Mar 19

@proper-knob said
What relevance do those questions have to the topic being discussed? We were talking Adam & Eve and how there is no evidence to back up a literal Biblical interpretation.
It came up in discussion. Evidence is scripture, with a chain of events starting at the beginning till the last Book of the Bible.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
There is a generally understood meaning of evolution.

I refer to that one.
Yea, right.
You don't spend a lot of time with specifics even in your complaints.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Mar 19

@proper-knob said
That would be genetics. All life on our planet shares a common ancestor. This is basic evolution 101.
Well that is a topic of discussion, stating it as a fact is not following what is known only believed.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
16 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
I thought you studied the Bible?
Sorry Kelly, but that is just plain silly.

How is my study of the Bible relevant to me asking him to indicate if his claim about the unique qualities of his God was based on actually looking at what other religions believe? Does the Bible categorize other religions and explain the qualities of the Gods they believe in? (Thoroughly or objectively? )

Don't you think it important, when stating that only the Christian God is claimed to be omnipotent and the like, that one has taken the time to find out what other religions 'actually claim' about their Gods?

Indeed, my question to him was a result of not only having studied the Bible, but having studied the religious writings of other faiths (which clearly he hadn't).

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Well that is a topic of discussion, stating it as a fact is not following what is known only believed.
Do you dispute that the scientific evidence and overwhelming scientific consensus, bar a few Biblical literalists such as yourself, points to all life on our planet sharing a common ancestor?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
It came up in discussion. Evidence is scripture, with a chain of events starting at the beginning till the last Book of the Bible.
Ancient Jewish mythology maybe ‘evidence’ to you, but for us non Biblical literalists, we like something a bit more substantive.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Mar 19
2 edits

@kellyjay said
Scripture is not evidence. Scripture was written down starting 3500 years ago. It was written by ancient man, for ancient man. It is predominantly a story (especially the very beginnings). do you think ancient man could understand the nuts and bolts of how the universe was constructed? How about the Lambda-CDM model? How about quantum fluctuations? Do you think he could even understand the idea of billions of years? How about a light-year? He could barely count to a few hundred. A boat 30 cubits tall by 50 cubits wide by 300 cubits long was about the limit to his imagination. Of course the Bible had to be simple. But today, we "get" it. We know more about how the universe and the earth were created and how man came about on the earth. We should be able to read Genesis, and understand that what is written is simplistic enough for the unsophisticated mind of ancient man, and yet God knew that as our knowledge grew, we'd eventually "get" it, and we'd know and understand that it couldn't have been just 6 24-hour days. And that this does not lessen the awesomeness of God.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Mar 19

@proper-knob said
Do you dispute that the scientific evidence and overwhelming scientific consensus, bar a few Biblical literalists such as yourself, points to all life on our planet sharing a common ancestor?
Consensus isn't the measure of truth is it, a lot of people think this so it must be true, even if they are in the within science? If you ever just want to be in the majority for thought or anything else, even if you are really in the minority, the trick is only speak to those that agree with you. Those that challenge your views can be looked upon as something less than so they and their views will not have to be taken seriously.

There are a lot of smart people also in science that disagree, if that number ever reaches the point they out number those that think common ancestor isn't true, does that mean the truth changes or opinions? So, you are in error when you say only a few Biblical literalists disagree about a common ancestor.

Common design is also an explanation that could cause common features. We don't even have to bring time into the equations and I don't think you can show common ancestors with what we see today, you can suggest it if you only refer to the distant past, but nothing here now can back up your claims.

You cannot even bring something to the table that says how life started, just as you cannot for how the universe itself started. Ignoring that, you just assume its in the past and you just know it agrees with your views, but you don't know. With all of that left unexplained your assumptions are based upon what you want to believe.