Creation is evidence for which God?

Creation is evidence for which God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
20 Mar 19

@darfius said
The laws of logic are the axioms we must presuppose to live in a rational world. They literally are "simply the way things are."

Attempting to refute what I say by citing my lack of qualifications is a variation on the fallacy of arguing from authority. The inversion of citing an "expert" is dismissing a non-expert without considering what is said.

My "qualifications" ...[text shortened]... do with the logic itself. You're not smart.

You've refuted nothing. Stick to playing bad chess.
Wow, making disparaging remarks about someone's chess playing. I honestly didn't think you could sink any lower.

I officially retract my previous 'welcome back to the site.'

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Mar 19

@darfius said
The laws of logic are the axioms we must presuppose to live in a rational world. They literally are "simply the way things are."

Attempting to refute what I say by citing my lack of qualifications is a variation on the fallacy of arguing from authority. The inversion of citing an "expert" is dismissing a non-expert without considering what is said.

My "qualifications" ...[text shortened]... do with the logic itself. You're not smart.

You've refuted nothing. Stick to playing bad chess.
Ah, an 1800 player is a GOOD player then. Good to know. Now pat yourself on your back.

The Apologist

Moves
20 Mar 19

@sonhouse said
Ah, an 1800 player is a GOOD player then. Good to know. Now pat yourself on your back.
I'm a chess master "in real life." It's tough to get higher rated here with all the computer cheats and not caring. But I still don't pat myself on the back. It's just that bad chess players tend to be stupid people, too.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Mar 19

@darfius said
Luke 14:26 "If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple."
You seem to take far too much delight in this verse.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
21 Mar 19

@darfius said
You have not got a clue.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_of_logic

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
21 Mar 19

@darfius said
I have not used your lack of qualifications to refute anything.
How could I when I do not know what your qualifications are?

As to that being a "variation on the fallacy" you are just making it up!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
21 Mar 19

@darfius said
My "qualifications" have nothing to do with the logic itself.
You have something correct at last.

But your lack of qualifications does explain your ignorance.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
21 Mar 19

@darfius said
I'm a chess master "in real life." It's tough to get higher rated here with all the computer cheats and not caring. But I still don't pat myself on the back. It's just that bad chess players tend to be stupid people, too.
I think you have clearly shown how smart you are on this forum.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 Mar 19
1 edit

@darfius said
Heads up. Chess Masters don't usually belittle lower rated players. Nor do Christians, when I think about it...

Edit: I played through a couple of your games. What am I missing that validates your claim to be a chess master?!

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
21 Mar 19

@darfius said
It's just that bad chess players tend to be stupid people, too.
There is a weak correlation.
What is your evidence?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
24 Mar 19

Darfius ... where art thou?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
24 Mar 19

@wolfgang59 said
Darfius ... where art thou?
Many wounds to lick.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 Mar 19

@whodey said
So why is evolution punctuated?

Why have a Cambrian Explosion, for example?

In fact, why a "Big Bang"?
You mean the fact there was a Cambrian Explosion means creationism is correct? What drugs have you been taking again?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 Mar 19
1 edit

@darfius said
What is your USCF rating? Mine is about the same as here.
In your game with Hazelhurst Kid, you missed a 2 move mate, going for the rook fork. Would a master have missed that?