Cowardly v Courageous Stances

Cowardly v Courageous Stances

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Because it takes more courage for a Muslim living under sharia law to abandon Islam and become an apostate than it takes for a Christian to abandon Christianity.
Of course.

F

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
And you may not “personally” care but some people don’t want kids (or adults for that matter) to see something that would get someone arrested if they weren’t a participant in the gay pride parade.
There is much more to the experience of being a homosexual than what happens at the New York gay pride?

F

Moves
03 Feb 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
for some reason, homosexuals seem to define their entire lives by their sexual orientation.
That's a very sweeping generalization. And it hasn't been true in my experience. Perhaps you haven't had many homosexual friends or neighbours or colleagues. However, I am not asking you to explain or justify having such a reductionist perspective.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
So what percent of a population is homosexual?
Go and read the Kinsey report.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
What does cowardice have to do with believing something is true, or even false for that matter, on any topic?

What does cowardice have to do with believing that biology, not feelings, personal preferences, or anything else, determines one's sex?

I have no idea why you link myths and magic since a myth by almost everyone definition could still be true.

Dismissing ev ...[text shortened]... nothing more because nothing you said about taking a stand for what one believes is being a coward.
I don't think any of the things I said in that post are actually representative of 'cowardice'. I was satirising the rather silly post I was replying to.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
I don't think any of the things I said in that post are actually representative of 'cowardice'. I was satirising the rather silly post I was replying to.
🙂 Okay, sorry, and I apologize for miss understanding you.

IP

Moves
03 Feb 22

@sonship said
@Indonesia-Phil
Go on, just give us one example of actual evidence for Jesus Christ's resurrection.

Logic and belief? Can't you really see the difference?

Use logic to prove that logic leads to truth.

No circular reasoning please.
My point is that logic doesn't lead to belief, only belief leads to belief, which isn't truth, it's just belief, since it can't be proved to be true. If it were proved to be true it would cease to be belief.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Feb 22

@indonesia-phil said
My point is that logic doesn't lead to belief, only belief leads to belief, which isn't truth, it's just belief, since it can't be proved to be true. If it were proved to be true it would cease to be belief.
I agree

IP

Moves
04 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
I agree
Then we have consensus, which doesn't happen often, and should be celebrated when it does!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Feb 22

@indonesia-phil said
Then we have consensus, which doesn't happen often, and should be celebrated when it does!
I’ll get the 🍰😀

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Feb 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
Hardly. Homosexuality is practically a virtue and reason for celebration in the United States nowadays.
This sounds remarkably like a white person saying blacks have never been oppressed.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
So kids lining the parade route and seeing that trash is Ok with you?

And you may not “personally” care but some people don’t want kids (or adults for that matter) to see something that would get someone arrested if they weren’t a participant in the gay pride parade.

And I brought this up in direct response to your false claim that I thought a homosexual expressing affec ...[text shortened]... s or her partner in public was shoving it in heterosexuals’ faces.

You stand corrected. As usual.
Time out.

Are you saying that kids, presumably kids of heterosexual couples, would be "lining the parade route" of a gay pride parade? And why would they be there if they had homophobic parents? You're not making sense.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Do you know, for example, what goes on at the Gay Pride Parade in New York?

Why don’t you find out?
Do you?

Why don't you find out?

You have a rather alarmist view of homosexuality.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
So you think men walking around in a parade with their genitals exposed and simulating anal sex is appropriate?

I’d have a problem with heterosexuals doing that but, for some reason, homosexuals seem to define their entire lives by their sexual orientation. Heterosexuals don’t.
Oh, please.

Have you seen this with your own eyeballs?

And how do you know anything about what homosexuals do?

Aren't these just anecdotes of fear you've heard from other people to justify you treating other people as somehow "less than" you?

Where does it stop? This is not what Jesus did.

F

Moves
05 Feb 22
1 edit

@suzianne said
You have a rather alarmist view of homosexuality.
I agree with you on the issue of homosexuality, as you know.

But, as a Christian, you are faced with the issue of whether homosexual acts are "sinful" according to Christian teaching.

Do you think that standing up for homosexuals and speaking out against discrimination ~ and implicitly condoning homosexual acts ~ in the context of your Christian identity, takes some courage on your part?