Cowardly v Courageous Stances

Cowardly v Courageous Stances

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
Believing in Heaven is cowardly.

Believing that men and women have differences beyond their anatomy is cowardly.

Believing that people loving each other, regardless of their gender is in some way wrong OR your business is cowardly.

Believing in myths and magic is cowardly.

Dismissing the vast body of evidence from various different scientific disciplines i ...[text shortened]... of the theory of evolution simply because it contravenes your belief in myths and magic is cowardly.
You think men and women don’t have differences beyond their anatomy? Are you insane?

I said homosexuality was “deviant” and agree what two people do in the privacy of their homes and bedrooms is none of my business.

But forcing someone to accept homosexuality as normal and something to be endorsed and even celebrated, which is what goes on in the United States, is way out of bounds.

The Holy Bible and Christianity are only “myths and magic” to people too lazy to investigate the evidence for Jesus Christ’s Resurrection.

With all that alleged evidence for the theory of evolution, why couldn’t you cite a single shred of it a few weeks ago? 😉

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
02 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
You think men and women don’t have differences beyond their anatomy? Are you insane?

I said homosexuality was “deviant” and agree what two people do in the privacy of their homes and bedrooms is none of my business.

But forcing someone to accept homosexuality as normal and something to be endorsed and even celebrated, which is what goes on in the United States, is way ou ...[text shortened]... evidence for the theory of evolution, why couldn’t you cite a single shred of it a few weeks ago? 😉
You need to meet a lot more men and women.

Homosexuality is deviant to you. For those so inclined, it is quite normal.

I've read all the evidence there is regarding the resurrection. I don't believe it happened. It is asinine to suggest that the only people who don't believe in this story are people who are 'too lazy' to investigate it.

I offered you a great deal of evidence, but you didn't understand it. Or perhaps you were just too lazy to read it. I'm still waiting to hear your explanation for the fossil record. Did you ever look at that Smithsonian page on the evolution of whales?

Moves
02 Feb 22

@pb1022 said

With all that alleged evidence for the theory of evolution, why couldn’t you cite a single shred of it a few weeks ago?
Actually, paleontologists know of many detailed examples of fossils intermediate in form between various taxonomic groups. One of the most famous fossils of all time is Archaeopteryx, which combines feathers and skeletal structures peculiar to birds with features of dinosaurs. A flock's worth of other feathered fossil species, some more avian and some less, has also been found. A sequence of fossils spans the evolution of modern horses from the tiny Eohippus. An amazing fossil creature from 375 million years ago named Tiktaalik embodies the predicted and long-sought transition of certain fishes to life on land. Whales had four-legged ancestors that walked on land, and creatures known as Ambulocetus and Rodhocetus helped to make that transition. Fossil seashells trace the evolution of various mollusks through millions of years. Perhaps 20 or more hominins (not all of them our ancestors) fill the gap between Lucy the australopithecine and modern humans.

https://www.scientificamerican.com

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Feb 22
1 edit

@avalanchethecat said
You need to meet a lot more men and women.

Homosexuality is deviant to you. For those so inclined, it is quite normal.

I've read all the evidence there is regarding the resurrection. I don't believe it happened. It is asinine to suggest that the only people who don't believe in this story are people who are 'too lazy' to investigate it.

I offered you a great ...[text shortened]... nation for the fossil record. Did you ever look at that Smithsonian page on the evolution of whales?
I’ve met plenty of men and women. I think you need to stop being so politically correct.

It’s deviant relative to society as a whole.

Just like you read the Gospels a “whole bunch of times” after becoming an atheist even though you don’t believe them and can only tolerate them in small quantities at a time? Edit: 😉

You offered no evidence for the theory of evolution and became enraged when I called you out on that.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Actually, paleontologists know of many detailed examples of fossils intermediate in form between various taxonomic groups. One of the most famous fossils of all time is Archaeopteryx, which combines feathers and skeletal structures peculiar to birds with features of dinosaurs. A flock's worth of other feathered fossil species, some more avian and some less, has also b ...[text shortened]... the gap between Lucy the australopithecine and modern humans.

https://www.scientificamerican.com
How much of these alleged “transitional fossils” are actual skeletal remains and how much are evolutionists’ conception of what they must have looked like?

Moves
02 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
How much of these alleged “transitional fossils” are actual skeletal remains and how much are evolutionists’ conception of what they must have looked like?
Go investigate.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
02 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
OSAS Christians who proclaim that all their sins are preemptively forgiven, they have eternal life and not even God can change that, are courageous. I admire those brave souls.
For you that's a cowardly thing to say considering you have nothing but contempt and disdain for Christians that believe those things.

In spite of the fact that what you said is absurdly unbiblical.

Just more of your double minded man blurting.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
02 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
I’ve met plenty of men and women. I think you need to stop being so politically correct.

It’s deviant relative to society as a whole.

Just like you read the Gospels a “whole bunch of times” after becoming an atheist even though you don’t believe them and can only tolerate them in small quantities at a time? Edit: 😉

You offered no evidence for the theory of evolution and became enraged when I called you out on that.
You clearly haven't met many women, or you wouldn't espouse such myopic and mysogynistic views. I don't consider myself politically correct.

You seem to be saying that the society in which you live supports homosexuality quite vociferously, therefore your assertion that it is 'deviant relative to society as a whole' doesn't make much sense.

You have made it quite clear that you don't believe what I said about reading scripture, nevertheless it is quite true. Your repeated attempts to troll me over this make you look rather silly and childish.

I offered you ample evidence. I did not become enraged, I became somewhat irked by your insistence that hard, physical evidence was not evidence at all. I am still waiting for your explanation of the fossil record. Of course I realise that none will be forthcoming, because the only explanation I expect you could give would be "the flood", which is so laughably inept as to be comical.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Go investigate.
That’s what I thought.

The minute someone starts probing the so-called “evidence” for the theory of evolution, it falls apart like a house of cards.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Feb 22
1 edit

@avalanchethecat said
You clearly haven't met many women, or you wouldn't espouse such myopic and mysogynistic views. I don't consider myself politically correct.

You seem to be saying that the society in which you live supports homosexuality quite vociferously, therefore your assertion that it is 'deviant relative to society as a whole' doesn't make much sense.

You have made it quit ...[text shortened]... lanation I expect you could give would be "the flood", which is so laughably inept as to be comical.
<<You clearly haven't met many women, or you wouldn't espouse such myopic and mysogynistic views. I don't consider myself politically correct.>>

I’ve met plenty. I suggest your belief that men and women are the same apart from their anatomy is due to your lack of meeting (or understanding) many women (or due to your political correctness.)

<<You seem to be saying that the society in which you live supports homosexuality quite vociferously, therefore your assertion that it is 'deviant relative to society as a whole' doesn't make much sense.>>

It’s deviant in that homosexuals make up 1 percent or 2 percent of a population. And yes, because the United States is increasingly amoral and morally bankrupt, homosexuality and where people put their sex organs are cause for celebration, lecturing and demands that refuseniks conform their thoughts to a decadent and morally corrupt elite.

<<You have made it quite clear that you don't believe what I said about reading scripture,>>

Because your assertion is ridiculous.

<<nevertheless it is quite true.>>

😂

<<Your repeated attempts to troll me over this make you look rather silly and childish.>>

And your stubborn refusal to admit that you did not read the Gospels a “whole bunch of times” after becoming an atheist is quite ridiculous.

<<I offered you ample evidence.>>

You offered nothing but (paraphrased,) “Lots of scientists believe it” and “The fossil record,” neither of which is evidence.

<<I did not become enraged,>>

On the contrary, when I accurately pointed out you hadn’t provided evidence, you started in with the insults and name calling.

<<I became somewhat irked by your insistence that hard, physical evidence was not evidence at all.>>

I wish you had provided some.

<<I am still waiting for your explanation of the fossil record. Of course I realise that none will be forthcoming, because the only explanation I expect you could give would be "the flood", which is so laughably inept as to be comical.>>

See my response in this thread to Ghost.

And explain the Cambrian explosion and lack of pre-Cambrian fossils.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
02 Feb 22

@pb1022 [i]said[/i

I’ve met plenty. I suggest your belief that men and women are the same apart of their anatomy is due to your lack of meeting (or understanding) many women (or due to your political correctness.)

<<You seem to be saying that the society in which you live supports homosexuality quite vociferously, therefore your assertion that it is 'deviant relative to society as a whole' d ...[text shortened]... nse in this thread to Ghost.

And explain the Cambrian explosion and lack of pre-Cambrian fossils.
"I've met plenty"

I don't believe you.

"homosexuals make up 1 percent or 2 percent of a population"

Nonsense. Read the Kinsey report.

"Because your assertion is ridiculous."

Yes, you've made it clear that you believe this to be the case. You're wrong in this, as in so much else.

The fossil record is ABSOLUTELY evidence in support of evolution. Hard, physical evidence you can hold in your hands. You can pretend that it doesn't exist but anybody who spends time examining fossils will agree that species evolve over time. Of course you don't accept this, but that is because you have not studied the evidence which you insist is not evidence.

The evidence from the Burgess Shales shows us that there was certainly something going on during the Cambrian period which we don't fully understand, but it also shows quite clearly that species evolve over time. If you don't understand why this is so, I suggest you read Gould's book on the subject.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
"I've met plenty"

I don't believe you.

"homosexuals make up 1 percent or 2 percent of a population"

Nonsense. Read the Kinsey report.

"Because your assertion is ridiculous."

Yes, you've made it clear that you believe this to be the case. You're wrong in this, as in so much else.

The fossil record is ABSOLUTELY evidence in support of evolution. Hard, ...[text shortened]... e over time. If you don't understand why this is so, I suggest you read Gould's book on the subject.
So what percent of a population is homosexual?

IP

Moves
02 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Hardly. Homosexuality is practically a virtue and reason for celebration in the United States nowadays.
Homosexuality is neither a virtue or a sin, and the reason for celebration lies in the acceptance of this, so why not celebrate that?

IP

Moves
02 Feb 22

@pb1022 said

But forcing someone to accept homosexuality as normal and something to be endorsed and even celebrated, which is what goes on in the United States, is way ou ...[text shortened]... evidence for the theory of evolution, why couldn’t you cite a single shred of it a few weeks ago? 😉
Apart from the written word, which is notoriously unreliable, can you give us some examples of evidence for Jesus Christ's resurrection?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Feb 22

@indonesia-phil said
Homosexuality is neither a virtue or a sin, and the reason for celebration lies in the acceptance of this, so why not celebrate that?
Should a commercial photographer be forced to photograph a homosexual wedding when such a wedding is against his religious beliefs?

Should a baker be forced to bake a cake for a homosexual wedding when such a wedding is against his religious beliefs?