1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 07:34
    @divegeester said
    You sound like you know more about this than you are letting on?
    Perhaps I just read more of his posts on his site regarding this whole self-absorbed prediction and the way he uses Daniel to try to exalt himself and his family.
  2. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 09:15
    @suzianne said
    Perhaps I just read more of his posts on his site regarding this whole self-absorbed prediction and the way he uses Daniel to try to exalt himself and his family.
    I believe that you've just explained it in a nutshell.

I do want to be believe that he's just deluded by excessive ego.
    It's better than thinking of things more sinister.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 13:24
    @WOLFE63

A while back I worked with somebody who was convinced he was the rightful king of Hungary. From what I could ascertain this belief appears to have germinated from a vague conversation with his brother (who was probably just joking with him) and over time had cemented into a firm belief in his royal heritage. Indeed, it now formed a large part of his identity and how he viewed himself. - I believe the idea of such a thing made him feel important, even more meaningful due to the position he now found himself in. (Unemployed, on benefits etc).

I of course know very little about our Mr Palamar, but would hazard a guess that the whole countdown to the day of the lord thing (that he alone has deciphered) stems from the same motivation to feel a sense of importance.
  4. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 14:27
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    @WOLFE63

A while back I worked with somebody who was convinced he was the rightful king of Hungary. From what I could ascertain this belief appears to have germinated from a vague conversation with his brother (who was probably just joking with him) and over time had cemented into a firm belief in his royal heritage. Indeed, it now formed a large part of his identi ...[text shortened]... d thing (that he alone has deciphered) stems from the same motivation to feel a sense of importance.
    No doubt about it; I think that's about as close to his reality as we can possibly know.

That "King of Hungary" story reminds me of the classic film, "My Fair Lady". I remember Professor Higgins referring to the pretentious Hungarian guy at the Royal Ball as a "hairy hound". 🙂
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 16:34
    @suzianne said
    I had a scope around but didn't see anything like that; but it was doing my head in.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 16:351 edit
    @wolfe63 said
    I believe that you've just explained it in a nutshell.

I do want to be believe that he's just deluded by excessive ego.
    It's better than thinking of things more sinister.
    "more sinister" in what way?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 16:38
    Snakes On A Plane 2

https://mobile.twitter.com/edward_palamar
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 18:25
    @wolfe63 said
    No doubt about it; I think that's about as close to his reality as we can possibly know.

That "King of Hungary" story reminds me of the classic film, "My Fair Lady". I remember Professor Higgins referring to the pretentious Hungarian guy at the Royal Ball as a "hairy hound". 🙂
    I am wise beyond my years (and without a drop of Hungarian blood of my own).

😆
  9. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    20 Jan '19 19:01
    @edward-palamar said
    Now that the countdown is complete, I find myself finishing the last few games I had started for the Countdown to the Day of the Lord Chess Game Series, and counting the days of blessing of eternal life, we are at sixteen of those already.
    By the way, whatever happened to the asteroid?
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Jan '19 12:32
    @handyandy said
    I'm sure it will get us the next time around.

Reading a book at the moment about anti-gravity.. it’s impossible to put down.

😞
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    21 Jan '19 13:12
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I'm sure it will get us the next time around.

Reading a book at the moment about anti-gravity.. it’s impossible to put down.

😞
    I'm surprised someone hasn't prophesied that gravity will cease to exist at some point in time, with a countdown to the day when everything will fly apart.

Oops, my bad! It's already been prophesied.

Colossians 1:17
    And he(Jesus)is before all things, and by him all things consist.
    [consist-held together.]

Jesus will let go. And then:

2 Peter 3:10
    But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

One could almost say Christianity is just no fun. All this doom and gloom! When will it ever end?! 🤷🏻‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jan '19 15:552 edits
    The "Day of the Lord" should not be considered as a typical 24 hour "day".

It will make no sense to read a typical solar day into every expression of the day of the Lord or the day of God in the Bible.

The best footnote on the day of the Lord I know of is in the Recovery Version New Testament for Second Peter 3:12 (3)

You may look up the extensive footnote at the link. The verse reads as such:

Expecting and hastening the coming of the day of God, on account of which the heavens, being set on fire will be dissolved, and the elements burning with intense heat are melted ?

https://online.recoveryversion.bible/FootNotes.asp?FNtsID=8141

If you're lazy, forget it. You'll never make it through it.

If you pay a price to get into the footnote carefully, you'll understand more of how "the day of the Lord" should be understood in the New Testament.
  13. Phoenixville, PA
    Moves
    23 Jan '19 03:23
    @handyandy said
    That was specific to another prophecy aside from the Book of Daniel.

Its discovery served its purpose in that regard.
  14. Phoenixville, PA
    Moves
    23 Jan '19 03:27
    @secondson said
    noise
    also translated "violence"
  15. Phoenixville, PA
    Moves
    23 Jan '19 03:37
    @sonship said
    The best footnote on the day of the Lord I know of is in the Recovery Version New Testament for Second Peter 3:12 (3)
    It fails in its abuse of the warning given at the end of the Book of Revelation.

The Book of Revelation has been a prophecy of hope since given, and contains many allegories to which no man may add nor detract.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree