Countdown / countup to the Day of the Lord

Countdown / countup to the Day of the Lord

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Sep 18

The practical local church must be therefore a place where the co-workers are planting and growing Christ within men and women.

The normal church life must be a FARM of the cultivation and growing of the life of this Person Christ within her constituents.

Right here in First Corinthians -

"I planted, Apollos watered, but God caused the growth.

So then neither is he who plants anything nor he who waters, but God who causes the growth.

Now he who plants and he who waters are one, but each will receive his own reward according to his own labor,

For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's cultivated land [or farm] God's building." (First Cor. 3:6-9)

If we want Christ to hasten His return, we have to GROW.
We have to let Him grow in us.
And we have to plant and water this divine life seed in others that He grow in them also.

Do we play enough attention to this? Or are most of the Christians wanting Jesus to return pre-occupied with outward signs concerning temples and things of that nature?

What about the living temple of the new covenant community? What about Christ growing that a Harvest may soon be reaped by Him?

EP

Phoenixville, PA

Moves
29 Sep 18

Originally posted by @secondson
Is that what you told jaywill?

Then you're just as imbecilic today as you were months ago if not years.
This evening's countdown to 90 days (and this is a quote from the 90th post in this thread) remaining will bring us closer to the 2,300th day of Daniel 8:14, Holy Family Saturday, December 29, 2018 A.D.

It will also bring us closer to "2017 XQ60", the foretold eight day warning sign due on December 21, 2018 A.D.

Cross talk / banter is not welcome.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
29 Sep 18

Originally posted by @edward-palamar
This evening's countdown to 90 days (and this is a quote from the 90th post in this thread) remaining will bring us closer to the 2,300th day of Daniel 8:14, Holy Family Saturday, December 29, 2018 A.D.

It will also bring us closer to "2017 XQ60", the foretold eight day warning sign due on December 21, 2018 A.D.

Banter may not be welcome by you, but silly predictions are not welcome by me.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
29 Sep 18

f*** off

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Sep 18
1 edit

I haven’t read much of this thread, but every time I dip in I see you spouting this crap. You’re a returning user and a flame/troll sonny; I’m not even interested in taking on your waffly made-up bollox.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Sep 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
I haven’t read much of this thread, but every time I dip in I see you spouting this crap. You’re a returning user and a flame/troll sonny; I’m not even interested in taking on your waffly made-up bollox.
if I had a pound for every end of the world prediction I have lived through I would have £3.50

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
29 Sep 18

Originally posted by @badradger
if I had a pound for every end of the world prediction I have lived through I would have £3.50
lol

That might buy you a medium cappuccino. (An estimate, not a prediction).

F

Moves
29 Sep 18

He's an atheist trying to make Christians seem like pretentious clowns, I reckon. Are you the only Christian who's standing up to him? Seems like that.

EP

Phoenixville, PA

Moves
30 Sep 18

Originally posted by @secondson
What angel was sent ahead of Jesus' first advent? Are you talking about Gabriel?

This second half of your sentence does not logically follow the first. First, Jesus is Lord and doesn't require entitlement. Second, Jesus' return isn't the fulfillment of "so that where I am, so also you may be."

John 14:3
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I wi ...[text shortened]... This is a bit peculiar. What kingship? And what is the scripture reference in Daniel about that?
This evening's update will bring us to 89 days remaining in the countdown according to the Book of Daniel, and this is a quote from the 89th post in this thread.

Those questions are answered in the material at hand.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Sep 18

Originally posted by @fmf
He's an atheist trying to make Christians seem like pretentious clowns, I reckon. Are you the only Christian who's standing up to him? Seems like that.
Try reading the whole thread, genius.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Sep 18

Bedtime, pal.

Time to catch the express train to Sleepytown. Choo, Choo, Choo.

Get in your jammies, brush your chompers and I’ll read you another chapter from the Encyclopedia of Ale.

And Bronwen will be in to kiss you goodnight, but she said only a peck and no tongue this time - eight-year-old boys shouldn’t be French kissing!

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
30 Sep 18

This evening's update will bring us to 89 days remaining in the countdown according to the Book of Daniel, and this is a quote from the 89th post in this thread.

Those questions are answered in the material at hand.
Speak plainly as to what will occur in 89 days.

Or are you simply going to attribute anything that happens in the world on that day as a vindication of your prediction? (Say, an earthquake or global shortage of celery).

Read a book!

Moves
30 Sep 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Speak plainly as to what will occur in 89 days.

Or are you simply going to attribute anything that happens in the world on that day as a vindication of your prediction? (Say, an earthquake or global shortage of celery).
You might be right. I'm stocking up on celery.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
30 Sep 18

Originally posted by @handyandy
You might be right. I'm stocking up on celery.
...Me too, but am a little concerned we will trigger a celery stampede (as a result of us both being immensely influential characters).

Read a book!

Moves
30 Sep 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
...Me too, but am a little concerned we will trigger a celery stampede (as a result of us both being immensely influential characters).
A celery stampede would make us immensely rich.