Christians/Muslims

Christians/Muslims

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
09 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by dj2becker
Ok so you can only argue that this is psychological abuse because you say so. You have no working definition to link it to?
Are you claiming that you do not accept that the threats and restrictions detailed in your 220 words could trigger anxiety or chronic depression in a child?

Moves
09 Jun 17

Ok so you can only argue that this is psychological abuse because you say so. You have no working definition to link it to?
I remembered today that you told us about your sister being raped; was this in the church?

Moves
09 Jun 17

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
The threat of cruelty or violence is enough to qualify as psychological abuse, I'm sure any right-thinking person would agree. Personally, i think some of the threats you claim to have been subjected to were pretty cruel, but that's just my view. They were certainly psychologically abusive according to the definition you have given us.
Let's say you live in an environment where the act of murder is threatened with the death penalty. Would you say that everyone who lives in this environment even if they never contemplate murder is subject to psychological abuse?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
09 Jun 17

Let's say you live in an environment where the act of murder is threatened with the death penalty. Would you say that everyone who lives in this environment even if they never contemplate murder is subject to psychological abuse?
Irrelevant. I refer you to my previous post:

Are you claiming that you do not accept that the threats and restrictions detailed in your 220 words could trigger anxiety or chronic depression in a child?

Moves
09 Jun 17

Originally posted by divegeester
I remembered today that you told us about your sister being raped; was this in the church?
Yes this was covered up, she was told by the church leader that she couldn't inform my parents. She left the church as a result when she was 18, I was 5 at the time. I only found out about this while I was considering leaving permanently and no longer living there. When this information was revealed to me it was probably the decisive factor that lead me away.

Moves
09 Jun 17
2 edits

Irrelevant. I refer you to my previous post:

Where in my 220 words did I claim that I was ever directly threatened as a child? I think I would know if I suffered from anxiety or chromic depression.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
09 Jun 17

Where exactly did I say that I was made aware of these threats as a child?
So you were entirely unaware of the threats hanging over your head while you were allegedly a member of this cult?

Moves
09 Jun 17

So you were entirely unaware of the threats hanging over your head while you were allegedly a member of this cult?
The older I got the more I started to smell a rat. As I said before things were very well covered up. My sister was raped when `I was 5 and I only found out about it in my 20s. Interestingly some of the older more mature people who were there in 1966 when the movement started, (who left during my time) said when it started things were different at the beginning it actually started off well and gradually evolved into legalism. It may actually have evolved during my lifetime initially there were only a few isolated cases of abuse which were well covered up. By the time I was a young adult it was impossible to hide, more and more cases came to the light and as people got the courage to speak out others also started sharing their stories.

Moves
09 Jun 17

Yes this was covered up, she was told by the church leader that she couldn't inform my parents. She left the church as a result when she was 18, I was 5 at the time. I only found out about this while I was considering leaving permanently and no longer living there. When this information was revealed to me it was probably the decisive factor that lead me away.
Yeah, having a member of your immediate family raped by your church leader does kind of finish up the bible study groups

Moves
09 Jun 17

Originally posted by divegeester
Yeah, having a member of your immediate family raped by your church leader does kind of finish up the bible study groups
To be clear she was not raped by the leader but by a male counselor, she went to the leader for help and he covered it up and told her not to tell her parents.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Jun 17

If you had've been more specific ,ie given more specific examples earlier in this thread then your credibility wouldn't come into question so much .
I have no idea of how much of what you say is true.

[this being addressed to the multiple account holder]

F

Moves
10 Jun 17

Unlike you I did not study at a 'secular university'. Even though it had Christian ethos it is still accredited worldwide and hence I teach in the middle east.
How does this square with the new claim that you studied in a "secular university" for two years?

You have been caught in a lie.

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
How does this square with the new claim that you studied in a "secular university" for two years?

You have been caught in a lie.
Was the context of our discussion my teaching degree? Yes or No?

Moves
11 Jun 17

If it was covered up as you say, then how did the church leader now about it and why didn't your sister report it to the police?

Moves
11 Jun 17

Was the context of our discussion my teaching degree? Yes or No?
Have you studied as a "secular university"? Yes or no...

It's quite fun keeping up with your honestly slaloms.