1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 02:08
    @FMF

If people think I am lying about you, I am OK with that.

That makes it all OK huh?

I mean, you're tough! Who cares what people think about you?

Try being more truthful about what Christians SAID to you or in your hearing.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 02:191 edit
    @sonship said
    @FMF

If people think I am lying about you, I am OK with that.

That makes it all OK huh?

I mean, you're tough! Who cares what people think about you?

Try being more truthful about what Christians SAID to you or in your hearing.
    I am being truthful.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 02:21
    @sonship said
    Who cares what people think about you?
    It's water off a duck's back when people like you or KellyJay call me a liar.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 02:31
    @FMF

It's water off a duck's back when people like you or KellyJay call me a liar.

That's your boast because YOUR OWN tactics of belittling, you want to show everybody, don't effect you.

Projection.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 02:43
    @sonship said
    That's your boast because YOUR OWN tactics of belittling, you want to show everybody, don't effect you.
    You calling me a liar doesn't affect me. As it happens, I am not accusing you of lying about "becoming like Jesus". I think you have difficulty remembering some of things you say.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 02:471 edit
    @sonship said
    YOUR OWN tactics of belittling
    I have never said anything even remotely like I'd rather die than have your mind. I may not be impressed by you but I have never tried to "belittle" you by saying I'd rather die than be like you, or that your beliefs are like animal excrement or germs or likened you to pigs and dogs and insects. So, you feel "belittled" by someone claiming that you - and other Christians - believe that you are "becoming like Jesus"?
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 09:131 edit
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Check out the Brexit thread in the Debates forum. His position is opposite to my own, but his arguments well made. (He is also an extremely accomplished writer).

Close to your own? No wonder you speak so highly of his opinions.

Brexit is important. But it doesn't reach the level of the meaning of our human life here and the eterna ...[text shortened]... g "EVERYDAY BOY! am am more like Jesus".

IF he doesn't he's a liar for claiming I so boasted.
    I said his position was 'opposite to my own.'

How did you read that as 'close to my own?!?'

That does kind of negate your reply, doesn't it? His Brexit views are the complete opposite to my own (me a leaver and him a remainer) and yet I still wrote that I thought his arguments were well made.

How thoroughly embarrassing for you sir.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 09:32
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Excuse me.
    I stand corrected.

Excuse me.
    This was my error in reading.
    I will try not to make that mistake again.

That does kind of negate your reply, doesn't it?

Sure does nullify my retort.

His Brexit views are the complete opposite to my own (me a leaver and him and remainer) and yet I still wrote that I thought his arguments were well made.

That's right.

How thoroughly embarrassing for you sir.

Let's get this corrected.

Most substantial Spirituality post of the year award goes to Phil of Indonesia for wonderful insightful post

Your post makes me want to burst into song....Please feel free to sing along if you are familiar with this fine work;

'Mud, mud, glorious mud
    Nothing quite like it for cooling the blood
    So follow me follow
    Down to the hollow
    And there let us wallow, in glooooorious mud.'

Sorry, but but it had to be done, and I feel better for having sung to you all.
    I think it's a song about hippopotamuses, one singing to the other.
    Amen (just to add some spirituality)
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 09:41
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Excuse me.
    I stand corrected.

Excuse me.
    This was my error in reading.
    I will try not to make that mistake again.

That does kind of negate your reply, doesn't it?

Sure does nullify my retort.

[q ...[text shortened]... song about hippopotamuses, one singing to the other.
    Amen (just to add some spirituality) [/quote]
    It's a pity you ended the post on that note. I was simply going to reply, 'don't worry about it.'

Phil doesn't post much in this forum. Wouldn't welcoming him be the Christian thing to do? (As opposed to your unnecessary response).
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 10:09
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    It's a pity you ended the post on that note. I was simply going to reply, 'don't worry about it.'

Phil doesn't post much in this forum. Wouldn't welcoming him be the Christian thing to do? (As opposed to your unnecessary response).
    Sonship claims to have “Jesus flowing through him”.

Perhaps if he explained to Phil that his version of Jesus will be burning him alive in Hell for eternity if he rejects his unconditional love for him, then maybe Phil will be a bit terrified and decide to accept the unconditional love and escape the burning.

Who knows.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 10:11
    @sonship said
    Most substantial Spirituality post of the year award goes to Phil of Indonesia for wonderful insightful post
    Surely you believe that thousands and thousands and thousands of your posts are the "most substantial Spirituality posts of the year"?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 13:304 edits
    @FMF

Surely you believe that thousands and thousands and thousands of your posts are the "most substantial Spirituality posts of the year"?

I covet no such prize. I do try to submit something helpful to the subject of Spirituality.

As for you, I'd be happy just to see your evidence that I said "Everyday I am more like Jesus".

You ask for evidence a lot. Look what happens when you're asked for evidence.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 13:34
    @sonship said
    @FMF
    I covet no such prize. I do try to submit something helpful to the subject of Spirituality.
    But this is what everyone here does.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 13:36
    @sonship said
    As for you, I'd be happy just to see your evidence that I said "Everyday I am more like Jesus".
    You have talked about how you - and all Christians - are "becoming like Jesus" many. many times. [You baulked when it came to Eladar, fair enough.] If you are not "becoming like Jesus" today, or you were not "becoming like Jesus" yesterday, or you were not "becoming like Jesus" last Monday or on some particular day or other, fine. If you want to talk about that, be my guest.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 13:39
    @sonship said
    If you covet no such prize, and no one else covets any such prize, and, indeed, there is no such prize, why are you suddenly talking about it ~ if not out of sheer vanity, now well and truly lubed up with false modesty?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree