Calling out Sonship on the trinity and salvation

Calling out Sonship on the trinity and salvation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Dec 18
2 edits

Dovegeester,
Do you believe in Christ's Redemption through the shedding of His blood?

Your opposition to a simple beloved hymn about the blood of Jesus made me wonder.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 Dec 18

@sonship said
@divegeester

You have responded, but you haven’t “answered”.

I think that other posters here can see your unreasonable goading. It amounts to being a troll. They have quite well expressed what they notice about your methods.
I think I have a surprisingly new found sympathy for you. I alaways believed that you thought I would burn in hell for rejecting the trinity doctrine, but now I think I was wrong.

I think you agree with me that the trinity is not a salvation issue, but you are unable to say so because your church are observing your posting.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Dec 18

Yesterday I was stuck in traffic for over an hour and a half in one spot on the
interstate trying to get home. Found this on YouTube just be flipping through
the various options. Thought about this thread, if anyone interested this guy
was pretty good never heard of him before.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Dec 18
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Yesterday I was stuck in traffic for over an hour and a half in one spot on the
interstate trying to get home. Found this on YouTube just be flipping through
the various options. Thought about this thread, if anyone interested this guy
was pretty good never heard of him before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rnp9eGu-kg
Part two of that talk

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Dec 18

@KellyJay

Very Good.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Dec 18

@sonship said
@KellyJay

Very Good.
I never heard a sermon on the topic, this was very good.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Dec 18
2 edits

@sonship said
Very Good.
Here again is the statement of belief from your own church regarding the trinity

”In order to be saved, one must have a living faith in the Person and work of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Every genuinely saved one has what the Bible calls the “common faith” (Titus 1:4), which includes what we must believe in order to be saved: we must believe that the Bible is the complete divine revelation wholly inspired by God; that there is a unique Triune God, the Father, the Son, and the Spirit....”

I say this is error, gross error. What do you say sonship, do you agree with it?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Dec 18
2 edits

Calling out KellyJay, SecondSon and any other Christians here. Have any of you got the balls to call sonship on this error?

SecondSon, you tell us that you disagree with sonship on “various” topics, is this statement of beliefs one of them.

I guess you guys like to stroke each other useing terms like “brother” and “amen” to congratulate one another on your nonsense rhetoric about raptures. How about some honest debate on something that actually matters!

Let’s start with what sonship believes about the trinity, I.e. that if you don’t believe in the “trinity” (I and many other Christians done accept the trinity doctrine on the godhead), then you are not saved.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Dec 18
1 edit

Nothing from SecondSon.

Obviously this is not one of the variety of things he disagrees with sonship on.

Perhaps he disagrees with him about important other stuff like what the best colour for a bible would be.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Dec 18

If anyone has actually watched both videos I would like to hear your thoughts. I enjoyed them both not sure which one I liked more. He brought out some points I wasn’t aware of.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Dec 18
1 edit

@kellyjay said
If anyone has actually watched both videos I would like to hear your thoughts. I enjoyed them both not sure which one I liked more. He brought out some points I wasn’t aware of.
Perhaps you should start a thread on it.

Meanwhile my question to you regarding the content of the of this thread remains interestingly avoided by you, SecondSon and of course, sonship.

In order to be saved we MUST believe that there is a triune God

True or false?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Dec 18
6 edits

" ... if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ he is not of Him"

That is Romans 8:9b. I think it means "If anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ he is not of [Christ]".

But according to the passage "the Spirit of Christ" is the same as "the Spirit of God". Sure He is. Look -

But you are not in the flesh, but in the spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Yet is anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ he is not of Him. [Christ]

But wait. The Spirit of Christ is Christ Himself according to the same passage.

"Yet if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not of Him [Christ]. But if Christ is in you, ..."

This is rather mysterious. To be "of [Christ]" a person must have dwelling within him Christ who is "the Spirit of Christ" who is also "the Spirit of God". Wonderful.

But wait. The Spirit of Christ and Christ is ALSO ... "the Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead" !

"But if Christ is in you, ... And if the Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you ..."

You mean Christ is the Spirit of the One Who raised Jesus from the dead? How can that possibly be?
Well it is. And even though someone with Jesus within says " I don't believe in the doctrine of the Trinity" he has the Trinity whether he likes it or not if -

the Spirit of God dwells in him who is the Spirit of Christ who is Christ who is the Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead.

"But I received Christ as Lord. And I don't believe in the doctrine of the Trinity".

Don't look now but receiving Jesus Christ is receiving the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
That is the Triune God.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Dec 18

Have you watched the videos?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Dec 18
1 edit

@KellyJay
I watched about half, enjoyed it. And I remarked that it was good. I trusted some that I have not yet finished seeing.

What I saw was good.
I am viewing more now.
I regard the words of the Bible higher then words of creeds.
I just said "higher."

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Dec 18

@sonship said
@KellyJay
I watched about half, enjoyed it. And I remarked that it was good. I trusted some that I have not yet finished seeing.

What I saw was good.
I am viewing more now.
I regard the words of the Bible higher then words of creeds.
I just said "higher."
I thought it got better as it went on. Never heard of this guy before but admire him now.