Calling out Sonship on the trinity and salvation

Calling out Sonship on the trinity and salvation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
30 Nov 18

@sonship said
Question Divegeester.

In the section of Beliefs and Pracitices of the Local Churches is says [my bolding]

[quote] Our Hope
The local churches hope that as many as are ordained by God to eternal life will believe in the Lord Jesus. The local churches hope that all regenerated Christians will seek the growth in life, not the mere increase of know ...[text shortened]... ?

That is rather GENERAL isn't it?
That is rather all-encompassing and not sectarian. Isn't it ?
Sonship,

Why are you afraid to say that you disagree with the Local Church’s statement of belief in my OP?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Nov 18
2 edits

@divegeester

Our Hope
The local churches hope that as many as are ordained by God to eternal life will believe in the Lord Jesus. The local churches hope that all regenerated Christians will seek the growth in life, not the mere increase of know ...[text shortened]... ?
----------------------------------------------------------
That is rather GENERAL isn't it?
That is rather all-encompassing and not sectarian. Isn't it ?

Didn't answer my question about Our Hope and believing in the Lord Jesus.

Let the readers decide. I don't need to add on ad homs like you always do.

Moves
30 Nov 18

Here is the question from my OP sonship

”In order to be saved, one must have a living faith in the Person and work of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Every genuinely saved one has what the Bible calls the “common faith” (Titus 1:4), which includes what we must believe in order to be saved: we must believe that the Bible is the complete divine revelation wholly inspired by God; that there is a unique Triune God, the Father, the Son, and the Spirit; that Jesus Christ is the Son of God incarnated to be a man; that Christ died on the cross for our sins, shedding His blood for our redemption; that on the third day He was bodily raised from the dead; that He has been exalted to the right hand of God and made the Lord of all; and that He is coming again for His own and to set up His kingdom on earth.”

https://www.localchurches.org/beliefs/salvation/

Do you agree with your own church’s stated belief?

Moves
30 Nov 18

In short if a person does not accept this trinity teaching, then they will burn in Hell for eternity.

Nice.

S. Korea

Moves
01 Dec 18

I think one of the issues that you have is a disconnect between what we need to be saved and who are actually saved.

Thus, as it is said, the way to heaven we know for sure, we know the means of salvation.

However, we do not know the breadth of mercy that exists.

Therefore, yes, we know that affirming the Triune God is a necessary part of the path to salvation that we can guarantee, yet we cannot say for certain if not confirming it leads to hell irrevocably.

At least, that would be the position that I was taught in an Orthodox church when it comes to issues of salvation.

S. Korea

Moves
01 Dec 18

It is very common to find some extreme position within the Church and to put all of the eggs into the most rigorous of interpretation in that regard in order to try to make the church seem to be absurd.

And this is what you are sort of doing here now as a Christian -- to other Christians. Yet, you also do it with something of a persecution complex, Dive. Forgive me for being blunt.

This isn't the right path to walk, IMO.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
01 Dec 18

@ghost-of-a-duke said
God will reject a Christian who doesn't believe in the Trinity?

If so, where is the biblical basis for this?
You're asking the wrong questions.

God isn't the one rejecting.

If Jesus says to you, "I am the way", who is it that receives or rejects?

God respects your will.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
01 Dec 18

@divegeester said
GoaD’s question to you notwithstanding, you have just demonstrated your inability to follow a thread.
And you have demonstrated your inability to follow the scriptures.

There are certain definite truths that one must believe in order to be saved and receive the gift of eternal life.

You appear not to understand what those truths are.

S. Korea

Moves
01 Dec 18

It's a complex question that we should not pretend to know exactly what the answers are.

There is a morbid fascination with the idea of who, specifically, and in what conditions will go to hell, and it is one thing if this is a fascination motivated by a desire to know the objective theological truth, but it seems that the fascination largely exists now to indict Christianity.

Whenever people pursue this answer, though, with the goal of condemning Christianity, it results not in them actively seeking the truth, but in them seekign a greater basis for coming to the conclusion that they want to come to -- an anti-Christian conclusion.

I am not saying that this is even unique to atheism... we all do it with whatever we oppose. Yet, we should be careful to catch ourselves when we think that we might be doing that.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Dec 18

@SecondSon

I wouldn't blame sonship for not answering you.

You gripe too much. Must be frustrated about something.

I appreciate that some saner heads and clearer spirits have noticed the desparation of Divegeester.

I have answered his questions many, many times. But he seeks to control my mouth to place into it exactly what I should say to somehow vindicate him.

What you see here between us has been a circular and monotonous debate.
I only humor him sometimes more for the sake of new coming readers.

Such is one unfortunate temptation of modern day Internet Discussion Forums.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Dec 18
1 edit

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

God will reject a Christian who doesn't believe in the Trinity?

If so, where is the biblical basis for this?

In the booklet what would you say is the HOPE expressed by the authors and those for whom they speak? [my bolding]

Our Hope
The local churches hope that as many as are ordained by God to eternal life will believe in the Lord Jesus. The local churches hope that all regenerated Christians will seek the growth in life, not the mere increase of knowledge. The local churches hope that all seeking Christians will see the …

Now what is our hope according to this paragraph?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
01 Dec 18

@sonship said
@SecondSon

I wouldn't blame sonship for not answering you.

You gripe too much. Must be frustrated about something.

I appreciate that some saner heads and clearer spirits have noticed the desparation of Divegeester.

I have answered his questions many, many times. But he seeks to control my mouth to place into it exactly what I should say to someh ...[text shortened]... new coming readers.

Such is one unfortunate temptation of modern day Internet Discussion Forums.
Right there with you sonship.

Moves
01 Dec 18

@secondson said
And you have demonstrated your inability to follow the scriptures.

There are certain definite truths that one must believe in order to be saved and receive the gift of eternal life.

You appear not to understand what those truths are.
Why don’t you enlighten us....

Moves
01 Dec 18

@sonship said
I have answered his questions many, many times. But he seeks to control my mouth to place into it exactly what I should say to somehow vindicate him.
You have responded, but you haven’t “answered”.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Dec 18
1 edit

@divegeester

You have responded, but you haven’t “answered”.

I think that other posters here can see your unreasonable goading. It amounts to being a troll. They have quite well expressed what they notice about your methods.