1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 01:12
    This might be worth a thread of its own.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 03:32
    @fmf said
    Maybe, the Jewish rabbi who lived 2,000 years ago - the one you worship - didn't have any understanding of atheism or agnosticism. Maybe Jesus only knew about Jews ~ devout Jews and not devout Jews. Which Bible verses - in your view - depict most clearly Jesus' understanding of lack of belief, of atheism, of agnosticism, and of people adhering to other religions?
    I don't think Jesus would divide up your belief systems as you do. It would fall into the unbeliever group regardless if you sort of believed, completely disbelieved, had no belief, believed but didn't care, believed but didn't think it important enough, whatever or however it can be described, if you are not in a right relationship on judgment day, odds are everyone will hear the same message. "Depart from me I never knew you."
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 03:35
    @fmf said
    Maybe, the Jewish rabbi who lived 2,000 years ago - the one you worship - didn't have any understanding of atheism or agnosticism. Maybe Jesus only knew about Jews ~ devout Jews and not devout Jews. Which Bible verses - in your view - depict most clearly Jesus' understanding of lack of belief, of atheism, of agnosticism, and of people adhering to other religions?
    thinkofone's Jesus might have had that issue, he was just a guy who died. The Jesus of the Bible being the Son of God not so much.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 04:311 edit
    @kellyjay said
    I don't think Jesus would divide up your belief systems as you do. It would fall into the unbeliever group regardless if you sort of believed, completely disbelieved, had no belief, believed but didn't care, believed but didn't think it important enough, whatever or however it can be described, if you are not in a right relationship on judgment day, odds are everyone will hear the same message. "Depart from me I never knew you."
    If you don't think Jesus would divide up belief systems as I did, it would mean he had a truncated understanding of human nature. So which Bible verses depict most clearly Jesus' understanding of human nature and things like people adhering to other religions?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 07:00
    @kellyjay said
    Resting on one’s butt to slide into heaven due to a magical prayer isn’t Biblical.
    But you repeatedly go on and on about how we, and you, are all evil and that we can do nothing to save ourselves and that we can take no credit for our salvation and that we are all fit for hell.

So what is it a person can do to ensure they don’t lose thier salvation? Surely when they do whatever this is, they are getting “credit” for not losing thier salvation?

Your theology makes no sense and in fact you are contradicting yourself.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 07:01
    @fmf said
    You are striving to be something you cannot be? How so? What are you striving to be that you cannot be?
    KellyJay is striving to ensure he doesn’t lose his salvation but apparently he cannot achieved that that, so who knows what it is he actually means.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 07:03
    @sonship said
    No one besides FMF and Divegeester needs some clarification of my position about the Trinity, salvation, and publications of co-workers of the local churches ?
    This is not going to go away sonship, so you may as well stop hiding.

Here it is again sonship...

@sonship
    Here is a copy/paste from the statement of beliefs from the website of your own church:

”In order to be saved, one must have a living faith in the Person and work of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Every genuinely saved one has what the Bible calls the “common faith” (Titus 1:4), which includes what we must believe in order to be saved: we must believe that the Bible is the complete divine revelation wholly inspired by God; that there is a unique Triune God, the Father, the Son, and the Spirit; that Jesus Christ is the Son of God incarnated to be a man; that Christ died on the cross for our sins, shedding His blood for our redemption; that on the third day He was bodily raised from the dead; that He has been exalted to the right hand of God and made the Lord of all; and that He is coming again for His own and to set up His kingdom on earth.”

https://www.localchurches.org/beliefs/salvation/

Summation: I don’t believe in the trinity doctrine and therefore you cannot classify me as Christian, and therefore I will burn in Hell with the rest Of the unbelievers.

Sonship, is this summation by me correct or not?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 10:25
    @fmf said
    If you don't think Jesus would divide up belief systems as I did, it would mean he had a truncated understanding of human nature. So which Bible verses depict most clearly Jesus' understanding of human nature and things like people adhering to other religions?
    We tend to complicate things with our language, I'd say God doesn't mince words He typically just goes straight to the facts.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 10:39
    @kellyjay said
    We tend to complicate things with our language, I'd say God doesn't mince words He typically just goes straight to the facts.
    So which Bible verses depict most clearly Jesus' understanding of "the facts" of human nature and things like people adhering to other religions?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 10:41
    @kellyjay said
    What a shame you don’t “strive” after the same thing.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 10:41
    @kellyjay said
    How will I know if I’ve lost my salvation?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 10:42
    @fmf said
    So which Bible verses depict most clearly Jesus' understanding of "the facts" of human nature and things like people adhering to other religions?
    You need a verse for the all knowing God's understanding of the human condition, the One who molded us, designed us, gave us our understanding?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 10:43
    @kellyjay said
    You need a verse for the all knowing God's understanding of the human condition, the One who molded us, designed us, gave us our understanding?
    Could you give me a verse to help me know if I have lost my salvation?

Thanks in advance and in eternity.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 21:51
    Hi sonship...

😉
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 23:18
    @kellyjay said
    I am asking if you have any Bible verses pertaining to the specific issue I have raised. If you don't have any, just say you don't have any.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree