1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 11:05
    @fmf said
    I am asking if you have any Bible verses pertaining to the specific issue I have raised. If you don't have any, just say you don't have any.
    John 1 English Standard Version (ESV)
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 11:39
    @divegeester said
    How will I know if I’ve lost my salvation?
    How did you know you were saved?

I'm not being flip; the answers to both questions are closely linked.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 11:59
    @kellyjay said
    John 1 English Standard Version (ESV)
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
    So you don't have any. There are none. You should have just said so.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 12:17
    @suzianne said
    How did you know you were saved?

I'm not being flip; the answers to both questions are closely linked.
    Then why don’t you explain how someone can lose thier salvation, be aware that they have lost thier salvation, avoid doing so, regain thier salvation, lose it again, regain it again etc and so on and so forth.

I’ll wait right here....
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 13:34
    @fmf said
    So you don't have any. There are none. You should have just said so.
    Zzzz
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 13:45
    @kellyjay said
    Zzzz
    Oh dear...
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 04:311 edit
    @divegeester said
    Then why don’t you explain how someone can lose thier salvation, be aware that they have lost thier salvation, avoid doing so, regain thier salvation, lose it again, regain it again etc and so on and so forth.

I’ll wait right here....
    First, do you believe OSAS?

I certainly don't believe the endless cycle you describe.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 09:00
    @suzianne said

First he complains against OSAS, now he complains against someone who is against OSAS, does it really matter what he believes? He only complains, because that is what he does, you can disagree or agree with him he will find a reason to complain.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 22:39
    @kellyjay said
    First he complains against OSAS, now he complains against someone who is against OSAS, does it really matter what he believes? He only complains, because that is what he does, you can disagree or agree with him he will find a reason to complain.
    I’ve never complained about OSAS.

You don’t read carefully, you struggle to understand and you won’t converse with me. No wonder you have to make stuff up like this post of yours.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 22:41
    @suzianne said

What “endless cycle”?

Yes I believe that once a person is a son or daughter of the living God they are his for eternity.

The notion that one can lose thier salvation is demonstrably risible nonsense when scrutinised under the broad light of scripture.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Feb '19 14:29
    @divegeester said

@sonship
    Here is a copy/paste from the statement of beliefs from the website of your own church:

”In order to be saved, one must have a living faith in the Person and work of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Every genuinely saved one has what the Bible calls the “common faith” (Titus 1:4), which includes what we must believe in order to be saved: we must believe that the Bible is the complete divine revelation wholly inspired by God; that there is a unique Triune God, the Father, the Son, and the Spirit; that Jesus Christ is the Son of God incarnated to be a man; that Christ died on the cross for our sins, shedding His blood for our redemption; that on the third day He was bodily raised from the dead; that He has been exalted to the right hand of God and made the Lord of all; and that He is coming again for His own and to set up His kingdom on earth.”

https://www.localchurches.org/beliefs/salvation/

Summation: I don’t believe in the trinity doctrine and therefore you cannot classify me as Christian, and therefore I will burn in Hell with the rest Of the unbelievers.

Sonship, is this summation by me correct or not?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 14:34
    Hello sonship,

There is very simple very honest question being asked of you regarding your beliefs around the doctrine of the trinity.

Why won’t you answer it?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 16:24
    @divegeester

Anyone interested, just read the thread, unfortunately from the start.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 21:03
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Anyone interested, just read the thread, unfortunately from the start.
    Or...you could just answer the simple honest question instead of dodging it like a pro.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 21:421 edit
    @divegeester

Anyone interested to see what Dive dodges, read the thread from the top about 60% through.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree