Calling out Sonship on the trinity and salvation

Calling out Sonship on the trinity and salvation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
18 Dec 18

What sonship believes about this statement of belief in the OP is of interest, but what is far far more interesting is why he won’t confirm or deny whether he agrees with it of not. Where can be the harm in being open about it I wonder.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Jan 19

Sonship can't answer the question with a yes because he knows he can't honestly prove that the trinity is a bible fact.
A point to consider from Jesus himself on his position with his father are in these scriptures in John. If Jesus were indeed an equal part of God himself, a statement like this by him would never have been made but he clearly expressed that they are different beings. These sayings in the scriptures that Jesus spoke of were from God his Father only, not from Jesus. Yet another example that shows if Jesus were truly the same being as his Father, he would have said so, but he is expressing his submissive none equal status to him.
John 7:14-18:
"14 When the festival was half over, Jesus went up into the temple and began teaching. 15 And the Jews were astonished, saying: “How does this man have such a knowledge of the Scriptures when he has not studied at the schools?” 16 Jesus, in turn, answered them and said: “What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him who sent me.l 17 If anyone desires to do His will, he will know whether the teaching is from God or I speak of my own originality. 18 Whoever speaks of his own originality is seeking his own glory; but whoever seeks the glory of the one who sent him, this one is true* and there is no unrighteousness in him."

Moves
24 Jan 19

@galveston75 said
Sonship can't answer the question with a yes because he knows he can't honestly prove that the trinity is a bible fact.
No that is not the reason at all. It is the reason you would like, but it is not the reason.

Moves
12 Feb 19

@sonship said
This "error" you mean ?
[my bolding]
[quote] In order to be saved, one must have a living contact with Jesus Christ. Therefore, in bringing unbelievers to salvation, we emphasize prayer and calling on the name of the Lord. According to Romans 10:9 and 10, if a man is to be saved, he must believe in his heart and confess with his mouth.

Once a person h ...[text shortened]... urself with any congregation on earth.
You're the one acting like you're trying to conceal errors.
As my OP states, this is also from the statement of belief of the Local Chirches:

Here is a copy/paste from the statement of beliefs from the website of your own church sect:

”In order to be saved, one must have a living faith in the Person and work of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Every genuinely saved one has what the Bible calls the “common faith” (Titus 1:4), which includes what we must believe in order to be saved: we must believe that the Bible is the complete divine revelation wholly inspired by God; that there is a unique Triune God, the Father, the Son, and the Spirit; that Jesus Christ is the Son of God incarnated to be a man; that Christ died on the cross for our sins, shedding His blood for our redemption; that on the third day He was bodily raised from the dead; that He has been exalted to the right hand of God and made the Lord of all; and that He is coming again for His own and to set up His kingdom on earth.”

https://www.localchurches.org/beliefs/salvation/

Summation: I don’t believe in the trinity doctrine and therefore you cannot classify me as Christian, and therefore I will burn in Hell with the rest Of the unbelievers.

Sonship, is this summation by correct or not?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 19
5 edits

Anyone interested in seeing Divegeester attempt to embarrass me because of my association with the local churches, I would simply suggest that they read through this thread from the beginning.

Poor Divegeester still dreams of somehow causing me some difficulty because of publications authored by the co-workers of the local churches in the US.

Anyone besides FMF or Divegeester who needs me to clarify anything, just ask me. But be very specific. I'll try.

(I said anyone besides FMF and Divegeester)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 19

@KellyJay

Watched for a long time. He is very helpful on the Trinity.

Moves
12 Feb 19
1 edit

@sonship said
Anyone interested in seeing Divegeester attempt to embarrass me because of my association with the local churches, I would simply suggest that they read through this thread from the beginning.

Poor Divegeester still dreams of somehow causing me some difficulty because of publications authored by the co-workers of the local churches in the US.

Anyone besides [/i ...[text shortened]... very [i]specific. I'll try.

I am simply asking you what you believe, you are “embarrassing” yourself with your refusal to reply.

Here it is again sonship...

@sonship
Here is a copy/paste from the statement of beliefs from the website of your own church:

”In order to be saved, one must have a living faith in the Person and work of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Every genuinely saved one has what the Bible calls the “common faith” (Titus 1:4), which includes what we must believe in order to be saved: we must believe that the Bible is the complete divine revelation wholly inspired by God; that there is a unique Triune God, the Father, the Son, and the Spirit; that Jesus Christ is the Son of God incarnated to be a man; that Christ died on the cross for our sins, shedding His blood for our redemption; that on the third day He was bodily raised from the dead; that He has been exalted to the right hand of God and made the Lord of all; and that He is coming again for His own and to set up His kingdom on earth.”

https://www.localchurches.org/beliefs/salvation/

Summation: I don’t believe in the trinity doctrine and therefore you cannot classify me as Christian, and therefore I will burn in Hell with the rest Of the unbelievers.

Sonship, is this summation by me correct or not?

F

Moves
12 Feb 19

@sonship said
Anyone besides FMF or Divegeester who needs me to clarify anything, just ask me.
I have never once asked you to explain "The Trinity" in more than 12 years. Why would you think I would start now? You are so oblivious.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 19
1 edit

@FMF

I didn't say you ever did ask me to explain the trinity.
I just said anyone besides you or Divegeester should ask a specific question, I'd try to help. Seems simple enough.

Moves
12 Feb 19

@sonship said
@FMF

I just said anyone besides you or Divegeester should ask a specific question, I'd try to help.
Sonship, is my summation in my post above correct, or not?

F

Moves
12 Feb 19

@sonship said
@FMF

I just said anyone besides you or Divegeester should ask a specific question, I'd try to help. Seems simple enough.
You are now changing the words you used.

Actually what you said was "Anyone besides FMF or Divegeester who needs me to clarify anything, just ask me."

Why would you pretend that I might suddenly ask you to "clarify" the "Trinity"?

Why would you insinuate that I might suddenly do so today after a dozen years of interacting with you?

Moves
12 Feb 19

@sonship said
@FMF

If another poster other than myself or FMF asks you the question I’m asking you will you answer it?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 19

Divegeester wants to cloud the issue.
I invite anyone to read through this thread from the beginning.
Especially look of a "Yes" or a "No" with some qualifying discussion written by me to address his question/s.

Lastly I wrote:

Anyone besides FMF or Divegeester who needs me to clarify anything, just ask me. But be very specific. I'll try.

F

Moves
12 Feb 19

@sonship said
Anyone besides FMF or Divegeester who needs me to clarify anything, just ask me.
Hell's bells, man. What on Earth makes you think I might suddenly ask you to clarify something about whatever it is you believe about "The Trinity" after all these years.?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Feb 19

@sonship said
@KellyJay

Watched for a long time. He is very helpful on the Trinity.
I put a couple of links about the trinity on this thread, but dive said he didn't care he only wanted to call you out if I remember his response correctly, so I don't think the trinity is the real reason for this thread he wanted an excuse not an answer.