By works? Or not?

By works? Or not?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
19 Apr 06

Originally posted by RBHILL
Read the 23 minutes in hell book and you will get an idea of hell.
I'd rather read Scaramouche.
And besides I'm not the one that needs to know what his future is gonna be like, you goat.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
19 Apr 06

Originally posted by frogstomp
I'd rather read Scaramouche.
And besides I'm not the one that needs to know what his future is gonna be like, you goat.
Well the Word of God says I can know and all that I have been through in life and not being healed when I was going to the Catholic Church but when I went up on an alter call to accept Christ I was healed. But Romans 10:13 says who ever calls on the Lord WILL be SAVED and the can know 1 John 5:13.
A Muslim can call on Jesus the last day of his life and he WILL be SAVED.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
19 Apr 06
1 edit

Originally posted by RBHILL
Well the Word of God says I can know and all that I have been through in life and not being healed when I was going to the Catholic Church but when I went up on an alter call to accept Christ I was healed. But Romans 10:13 says who ever calls on the Lord WILL be SAVED and the can know 1 John 5:13.
A Muslim can call on Jesus the last day of his life and he WILL be SAVED.
and receive the reward of Paul who wrote that.
Christ said what he said ! Who was Paul to write differently, except a founder of the RCC, that you hate so much.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
19 Apr 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Why should I have respect for Christian's beliefs when at every turn I'm confronted by Christians showing utter contempt for anyone who doesn't believe exactly as they do.
There is so much change these days and things are not getting any better, espesially people. I have seen people who said - "I'm a Christian" and the moment you turn your back, he is infact a satanist 😕 or whatever except a Christian.

I have seen alot of people using "Christianity" as a way of defence, as a way of getting closer to someone etc etc - and even in the Forums too. They dont know what they are talking about all of the time.

Christians and Athiests have been on the battle for years, and will still for years to come. At the end of the day, we should actually come all together and show the finger to one another and say "I told you" - That sounded a bit childish 🙂

Anyway, by having respect for things Xanthos, means you a respectful person, not having any respect of any kind, well...

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
19 Apr 06

Originally posted by Nicksten
Yes you would then go to hell, cause of the fact that you dont believe in God.
I disagree as with your statement. A person who did this would have a subtle belief in God anyway , because they believed it was 'the right thing to do' they are by implication believing in God's love and compassion. If they did it out of love and a faith in love then that is more important than some theological/intellectual belief. The faith versus works argument applies to those who might approach God at the end of time and boast about all the good things they have done and say 'look at me and at what I've done ...you must let me in'. They would not have understood that without God's help they could not have done these good works anyway. They behave as if their righteousness is their own rather than given to them and would have missed the point about love...however much they believed in God.
Be wary of what you are saying because you are missrepresenting Christianity and making our faith sound repugnant.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
19 Apr 06

Well then I'd go gladly knowing that God was a right bastard and I wouldn't want into his 'self-righteousness squad' anyway.
As a christian I would have to agree with you wholeheartedly! If that's what God's about then who wants to know anyway! What you have been told here is not the truth , we don't all think like this. Your gut reaction to 'self righteousness' is very healthy and God is closer than you realise when you feel these things.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
20 Apr 06

Originally posted by knightmeister
I disagree as with your statement. A person who did this would have a subtle belief in God anyway , because they believed it was 'the right thing to do' they are by implication believing in God's love and compassion. If they did it out of love and a faith in love then that is more important than some theological/intellectual belief. The faith versus w ...[text shortened]... aying because you are missrepresenting Christianity and making our faith sound repugnant.
No I'm not missrepresenting Christianity.

I read your other remark too, and from another point of view I would agree with all the things you said. But at the end of the day, and this is looking at my point of view, if you dont believe in God, there is no place in heaven for your soul. As a Christian, everyone knows that, cause, it stands in the Bible.

What I do not agree with is if you stand before God and say to Him, "look at what I have done...you must let me in" - Do you think He will let you in cause of all the work that you have done? Its not true. Only by faith and for the work that you did for God under faith. Lets debate about it?

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
20 Apr 06

Originally posted by Nicksten
There is so much change these days and things are not getting any better, espesially people. I have seen people who said - "I'm a Christian" and the moment you turn your back, he is infact a satanist 😕 or whatever except a Christian.
Read about Jack Chick, Fred Phelps or any number of other loonies who claim to be Christian. Perhaps you should clean your own backyard before attempt to rake someone else's leaves? Isn't there a bible verse about that?

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
20 Apr 06

Read about Jack Chick, Fred Phelps or any number of other loonies who claim to be Christian. Perhaps you should clean your own backyard before attempt to rake someone else's leaves? Isn't there a bible verse about that?
Save me the trouble. What is it all about? And, I'll never "attemt to rake someone else's leaves" - everyone should clean there own mess 🙂

Jew.

Moves
20 Apr 06

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
21 Apr 06

Originally posted by 7ate9
that's all good and well, but how do those terrorists and Bush clean up all those dead people?
Good question.

l

London

Moves
25 Apr 06

Originally posted by 7ate9
that's all good and well, but how do those terrorists and Bush clean up all those dead people?
Same way all the dead unborn are cleaned up.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
25 Apr 06

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Same way all the dead unborn are cleaned up.
The "dead unborn" (misnomer methinks) get to live in the eternal, natural bliss of limbo according to you anyway. That's a pretty sweet deal, ain't it?

l

London

Moves
25 Apr 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
The "dead unborn" (misnomer methinks) get to live in the eternal, natural bliss of limbo according to you anyway. That's a pretty sweet deal, ain't it?
No misnomer there - whether you think they are "persons" or have rights or not, they are alive and, therefore, can die.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
25 Apr 06

Originally posted by lucifershammer
No misnomer there - whether you think they are "persons" or have rights or not, they are alive and, therefore, can die.
I don't use the term "persons" in the abortion debate so you're barking up the wrong tree. Since I don't think a skin cell can really die in the sense that a human being does even though it is "alive", I don't think a zygote can either.