1. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 19:23
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I don't use the term "persons" in the abortion debate so you're barking up the wrong tree. Since I don't think a skin cell can really die in the sense that a human being does even though it is "alive", I don't think a zygote can either.
    The zygote is one of many stages in the development of the unborn -- so that was a fallacy of over-narrow definition, if you're lucky even the fallacy of the suppressed correlative.

LH was distinctly referring to the unborn which include stages other than the zygote.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 19:401 edit
    Originally posted by Halitose
    The zygote is one of many stages in the development of the unborn -- so that was a fallacy of over-narrow definition, if you're lucky even the fallacy of the suppressed correlative.

LH was distinctly referring to the unborn which include stages other than the zygote.
    The zygote, like the skin cell, was illustrative so you're the one committing the "fallacy"; LH certainly includes the zygote in his "dead unborn". BTW, since no argument was being presented there can be no fallacy; this is yet another example of people on this site having a slight knowledge of the terms of logic without being able to apply them correctly.
  3. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 19:52
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The zygote, like the skin cell, was illustrative so you're the one committing the "fallacy"; LH certainly includes the zygote in his "dead unborn". BTW, since no argument was being presented there can be no fallacy; this is yet another example of people on this site having a slight knowledge of the terms of logic without being able to apply them correctly.
    Predictable twist, but well performed. Congrats. 😞

Cheers.
  4. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    06 May '06 19:27
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    No I'm not missrepresenting Christianity.

I read your other remark too, and from another point of view I would agree with all the things you said. But at the end of the day, and this is looking at my point of view, if you dont believe in God, there is no place in heaven for your soul. As a Christian, everyone knows that, cause, it stands in the Bible.
    ...[text shortened]... true. Only by faith and for the work that you did for God under faith. Lets debate about it?
    Of course I agree with the 'look at what I've done' argument. I'm with you on that. What I don't like is your association of 'belief' with salvation. How do you get by the someone who doesn't even know about the Bible argument? Also , you can believe in God and still miss the entire point (I have met such people and would dread the thought of heaven being populated with this mindset). The law of love overirides 'believism'. Someone who loves deeply can easily be closer to God than the most fervent believer. To say that faith saves a man is not the same as saying that a man who has yet to come to faith is damned. It is not our place to judge anyway , we are not in a position to do so , it is not possible for us.
  5. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    08 May '06 09:22
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    Of course I agree with the 'look at what I've done' argument. I'm with you on that. What I don't like is your association of 'belief' with salvation. How do you get by the someone who doesn't even know about the Bible argument? Also , you can believe in God and still miss the entire point (I have met such people and would dread the thought of heaven be ...[text shortened]... place to judge anyway , we are not in a position to do so , it is not possible for us.
    I agree with you and a like your saying "The law of love overirides 'believism'". I personally think that Love is the strongest thing known to any living being.

I would say that if you have yet to come to faith, you are not damned while you are still living, but are if you are dead, cause then faith has not entered into you at that point in time.

I will also say that any person can be the worst sinner their is known to people, but when God says He loves you, you will be saved - though you must faith in Him?

Thats how I look at it, you could feel otherwise?
  6. Joined
    03 Jul '03
    Moves
    10 May '06 03:40
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Why should I have respect for Christian's beliefs when at every turn I'm confronted by Christians showing utter contempt for anyone who doesn't believe exactly as they do.
    looks like you're going to end up living in a van down by the river styx.

=-]
  7. Joined
    05 May '06
    Moves
    11 May '06 07:29
    Originally posted by runninfiend
    looks like you're going to end up living in a van down by the river styx.

=-]
    Eternal damnation is not something to be jested over, it is a never ending torment for your failure to acknowledge Jesus CHrist as your Lord and Saviour.

I would not wish it upon anybody, yet the reality is that many people that populate this world are heading there, and when it happens they will all had had their chance to bow before God, and will have rejected it
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 May '06 15:24
    Originally posted by Coconut
    I always thought it was not by works that we get to heaven, and several verses say that. But what about this from Mathew 25:

31 "But when the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. Before him all the nations will be gathered, and he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd se ...[text shortened]... er people. The goats to hell and the sheep to heaven. Explain. Discuss.
    There is more than one place in scripture that Jesus talks about
    that day, if you want to discuss this in full, we need them all.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree