1. London
    Moves
    18 Apr '06 12:31
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Matthew and Paul didn't see eye to eye on many things.
    Or maybe they did* and people just do not see that the word "faith" was being used differently.

---
    * James (Matthew was written by the Jerusalem church, IIRC) and Paul
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    18 Apr '06 22:26
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    I would say that most people think that by ONLY doing right to other people could bring them into heaven without having to believe in God or by following ALL HIS RULES.

I believe that once you are a Christian, the things written in these verses must become part of you to help. It must burn like fire in your heart to be nice and giving etc etc.
    Amen, Brother.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    18 Apr '06 22:27
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    Its not the works that saves you, Its the Faith, and Gods Grace, However faith without works is dead, which means; you dont really have faith if your not doing works.
    Rec.
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    18 Apr '06 23:13
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Well then I'd go gladly knowing that God was a right bastard and I wouldn't want into his 'self-righteousness squad' anyway.
    Great post!!
  5. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    18 Apr '06 23:16
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Rec.
    Of course you'd give that a rec , you goat.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    18 Apr '06 23:25
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Of course you'd give that a rec , you goat.
    I once was one but when I accepted Christ into my heart I became His sheep.

You the one who is the goat by even bring it up. I feed the hungry and cloth the poor. But that is for after I accepted Christ.

And I know you are the goat because you have the picture of the devil as you thing.
  7. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    18 Apr '06 23:48
    I once was one but when I accepted Christ into my heart I became His sheep.

You the one who is the goat by even bring it up. I feed the hungry and cloth the poor. But that is for after I accepted Christ.

And I know you are the goat because you have the picture of the devil as you thing.
    dont talk about my thing like that, you goat. You will burn in hell for being a judgmental churl , regardless of any works or faith. If you could understand Christ's teachings you might be able to take up your cross and follow Him, however, you're much too ignorant for even God to teach.
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    18 Apr '06 23:57
    dont talk about my thing like that, you goat. You will burn in hell for being a judgmental churl , regardless of any works or faith. If you could understand Christ's teachings you might be able to take up your cross and follow Him, however, you're much too ignorant for even God to teach.
    That is why I am going through lots of Bible studies.

The Alpha Course, a College group, I do a this call a SHAPE journal, Cleansing Streams, and prayer group every Sunday morning, and I read the Word daily. So therefore I know I am growing in Christ.

I am note being Judgmental when you are the one who called me a goat first, so lets refrase that you are the one being judgmental.

I am just telling you to turn to Christ and you want to reject him.

This is you John 5:39a You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life.

But to get true eternal life is to turn to Jesus and then live for Him by doing good. Doing good with out accepting Him means nothing.
  9. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    19 Apr '06 00:02
    That is why I am going through lots of Bible studies.

The Alpha Course, a College group, I do a this call a SHAPE journal, Cleansing Streams, and prayer group every Sunday morning, and I read the Word daily. So therefore I know I am growing in Christ.

I am note being Judgmental when you are the one who called me a goat first, so lets refrase that you a ...[text shortened]... n to Jesus and then live for Him by doing good. Doing good with out accepting Him means nothing.
    nope you goat, Im just telling you that you're going to hell. Now repent your judgmental ways or else.
    btw Christ said what He said, and now there's no wiggle room for you, because you have been warned enough.
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    19 Apr '06 00:06
    nope you goat, Im just telling you that you're going to hell. Now repent your judgmental ways or else.
    btw Christ said what He said, and now there's no wiggle room for you, because you have been warned enough.
    I have already been saved I know I am going to heaven. I am a sinner yes but I have been saved.

John 14:6
    Acts 4:12
    Acts 2:21
    Romans 10:13
    1 John 5:13

Add plus you can tell me where I am going I know by reading the Bible that I am saved and that is a fact.

You should read 23 Minutes in hell. It is a cool book I read the first Chapter of it only. It make you want Jesus to come live in your heart.
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    19 Apr '06 00:11
    I have already been saved I know I am going to heaven. I am a sinner yes but I have been saved.

Add plus you can tell me where I am going I know by reading the Bible that I am saved and that is a fact.

You should read 23 Minutes in hell. It is a cool book I read the first Chapter of it only. It make you want Jesus to come live in your heart.
    That's exactly what the goats will say on judgment day , RB so you better get used to the heat, cause you're gonna burn.
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    19 Apr '06 00:13

O, the hubris! Jesus would surely be appalled.
  13. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    19 Apr '06 00:19
    Originally posted by rwingett
    O, the hubris! Jesus would surely be appalled.
    does hubris burn as as as goats ?
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    19 Apr '06 00:22
    Read the 23 minutes in hell book and you will get an idea of hell.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    19 Apr '06 00:26
    Let me ask you this if you were to die today where would you go? and Why?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree