1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '19 06:00
    @divegeester said
    What is “proper faith”? What is “proper belief”? Why is it “vital to salvation” ? In what way?

What on earth are you on about?
    Philokalia?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '19 06:01
    @divegeester said
    Why do Christians who are not of your sect need to “convert”? Convert to what? They are already Christians, they are already saved aren’t they?

If they “convert” are they upgraded to Christianity 2.1 or something?
    Philokalia?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '19 06:32
    @philokalia said
    People can become Christians through a large variety of means that don't involve the Nicene creed, yes, lol.
    What was with all the pretentious wriggling, then?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '19 06:32
    @philokalia said
    However, anyone who denies the contexts of the Nicene creed is not a Christian in the conventional sense of the word.
    So what?
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    13 Aug '19 06:37
    @fmf said
    What was with all the pretentious wriggling, then?
    I was pointing out how it's an irrelevant question.

Would you like to contend its relevance?
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    13 Aug '19 06:37
    @fmf said
    So what?
    Of course you wouldn't recognize the significance of it.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '19 06:42
    @philokalia said
    I was pointing out how it's an irrelevant question.
    It is not "an irrelevant question".
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '19 06:43
    Philokalia why are you ignoring all of my razor-sharp, spot-on-target, open-up-your-wounds posts?

🙂
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '19 06:491 edit
    @philokalia said
    Of course you wouldn't recognize the significance of it.
    I think it is you ~ as partisan, groupist, propagandist, appeal-to-"expert Saints" Christian, ~ who is unable to recognize the significance of the far less 'peephole thing' I am saying about belief in Jesus.

It is your prerogative, of course, to support the particular branch of corporate Christianity [the Greek Orthodox Church, right, which you have relatively recently "joined", right?] that you just so happen to have stumbled upon and to spend your time talking about "heresy" on the internet.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Aug '19 09:42
    @philokalia said
    Oh, so we are supposed to believe in Christ... but we are not supposed to believe in St. Paul.

So how can we accept the Gospels that were recorded for us as legitimate, if we are to be suspect of what St. Paul stated there?
    I notice you ignored the questions : What did Paul say a couple chapters later in Ephesians about who inherits the kingdom of God? Are the saved by grace Christians in the kingdom?

You cannot derive the truth by cherrypicking.. If your beloved Nicene Creed supports your doctrine then it is not worth a damn thing.

In almost every one of Pauls letters, there is s discussion on faith and the saving grace of God through faith in Christ. "Saved by Grace, does not automatically mean eternal life in the Kingdom of God, because Paul states categorically that there will be no inheritance in the Kingdom of God without good works and righteousness.

Do you realise that? Why then are you ignoring Paul?
  11. S. Korea
    Moves
    13 Aug '19 10:34
    @rajk999 said
    I notice you ignored the questions : What did Paul say a couple chapters later in Ephesians about who inherits the kingdom of God? Are the saved by grace Christians in the kingdom?

You cannot derive the truth by cherrypicking.. If your beloved Nicene Creed supports your doctrine then it is not worth a damn thing.

In almost every one of Pauls letters, there ...[text shortened]... of God without good works and righteousness.

Do you realise that? Why then are you ignoring Paul?
    Good works and righteousness naturally come from the faith, sure.

But then, let's go back to the concept of faith: why would someone who consciously rejects Christ and is consciously faithless be Saved?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Aug '19 10:443 edits
    @philokalia said
    Wrong. Show me where the Bible says this Good works and righteousness naturally come from the faith, . .

If this were the case then Jesus would have said it, He did not.
    Paul would have said it. He did not. Instead Paul warned these very same born again Christian Saints [clearly of faith] there there is no inheritance int he Kingdom of God unless they do good works and live righteously. Obviously good works and righterousness does not naturally come from faith.
    James likewise would not have said faith without works is dead. It would be a foregone conclusion [like you are doing] that faith leads to works.

Faith and Works are two separate and independent things. One can exist without the other. In the story of the Good Samairtan. The faithful priest and Levite did not do the good works. The one without the faith did it. The works gains eternal life in the Kingdom of God. Professing of faith by itself is worthless.

Your doctrine Good works and righteousness naturally come from the faith, sure. , is a lie and and it is the core of the false teachings in Christian churches.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Aug '19 10:492 edits
    @philokalia said
    let's go back to the concept of faith: why would someone who consciously rejects Christ and is consciously faithless be Saved?
    Faith is simply a profession with the mouth that one believes.
    Alone it is worthless

No faith and no works = damnation
    Faith and no works = damnation
    Faith + works = eternal life
    Works alone = eternal life

Jesus and all the Apostles said so.
    I dont think you know what consciously rejecting Christ means.
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Aug '19 11:54
    @rajk999 said
    Faith is simply a profession with the mouth that one believes.
    Alone it is worthless

No faith and no works = damnation
    Faith and no works = damnation
    Faith + works = eternal life
    Works alone = eternal life

Jesus and all the Apostles said so.
    I dont think you know what consciously rejecting Christ means.
    Hebrews 11:6
    But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Works alone without faith = nothing.

Ephesians 2:8,9
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    Not of works, lest any man should boast.

By grace through faith without works = Salvation

But Rajk has a lot to boast about doesn't he?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Aug '19 12:10
    @philokalia said
    Except when it does not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree