Atheism vs. Faith

Atheism vs. Faith

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
You can claim there is no proof for the supernatural, but that isn't proof there isn't anything that is supernatural, it is only your opinion you have about the supernatural, not proof.
You don't have any "proof".

It is your personal opinion that you do.

It is my personal opinion that you don't.

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
You have your opinions about ideology being morally coherent, that doesn't mean that your correct only that you have an opinion nothing more.
That's right. What else would it be if not my opinion?

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Complaining about dogma when you have your own isn't helping you win arguments either.
"Win arguments"? What are you talking about?

You and I make assertions about what we believe. What "arguments" do you think you have made about, say, me being tortured for eternity after I die for being a non-believer?

When I try to ask you about the morality of it, you assume the foetal position and cough up deflecting soundbites about me "lying" about my past beliefs.

You actually think you offer anything here that is "helping you to win arguments"?

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
When the discussion stays on a person and not the world we live in its always going to be he said, she said nothing can come of that.
And yet my attempts to discuss "reality" with you so often end up with you calling me a "nasty liar" and indirectly trying to troll my family. So often. Time and time again.

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
I can only imagine that is why you continue this mode of discussion, keep it personal, then you cannot be proven wrong.
We all die, KellyJay. It all ends in the end. We get old and we die. Some of us die prematurely because of accidents. But we all die.

Then we are either buried or cremated, or disposed of in the ocean, or we may get blown to bits or dissolved in acid or some such.

Point is we die. It's been the point blank drop dead brutal reality for every single one of the 100,000,000,000+ human beings that are said to have ever lived.

Go ahead and try to "prove" that isn't the case.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Mar 19

@fmf said
We all die, KellyJay. It all ends in the end. We get old and we die. Some of us die prematurely because of accidents. But we all die.

Then we are either buried or cremated, or disposed of in the ocean, or we may get blown to bits or dissolved in acid or some such.

Point is we die. It's been the point blank drop dead brutal reality for every single one of the 100,000,000,0 ...[text shortened]... human beings that are said to have ever lived.

Go ahead and try to "prove" that isn't the case.
Why would I want to disprove we all die. I believe we all do, and you think that means what?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Mar 19

@fmf said
And yet my attempts to discuss "reality" with you so often end up with you calling me a "nasty liar" and indirectly trying to troll my family. So often. Time and time again.
Quote some examples please! I think your imagination has kicked into high gear, but simply showing me my quotes from reality will prove you right. Shouldn't be to difficult if it happens often time and time again.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Mar 19

@fmf said
"Win arguments"? What are you talking about?

You and I make assertions about what we believe. What "arguments" do you think you have made about, say, me being tortured for eternity after I die for being a non-believer?

When I try to ask you about the morality of it, you assume the foetal position and cough up deflecting soundbites about me "lying" about my past beliefs.

You actually think you offer anything here that is "helping you to win arguments"?
This your plan, bring up past times of contention? You cannot stay on topic you have to bring in rounds we have had with each other years ago? You really do have a hard time avoiding reality and going after people don't you!? You even misrepresent my side of it too, but if you have some direct quotes that can prove your point, feel free.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Mar 19

@fmf said
You don't have any "proof".

It is your personal opinion that you do.

It is my personal opinion that you don't.
I have examples of supernatural.
You have opinions, which blinds you.

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
This your plan, bring up past times of contention? You cannot stay on topic you have to bring in rounds we have had with each other years ago? You really do have a hard time avoiding reality and going after people don't you!? You even misrepresent my side of it too, but if you have some direct quotes that can prove your point, feel free.
You are deflecting.

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Why would I want to disprove we all die. I believe we all do, and you think that means what?
Well, if you have given up your dream of an afterlife - and can cope with life without it - and you've given up your vile sense of "justice" for non-believers - and can cope with life without that misanthropic psychological crutch - then good for you. I welcome it. As I said, we all die, KellyJay. It all ends in the end. If you now agree with me that death is the end, that's fine.

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
I have examples of supernatural.
You have opinions, which blinds you.
In your personal opinion, you have "examples of supernatural".

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
You have your opinions about ideology being morally coherent, that doesn't mean that your correct only that you have an opinion nothing more.
When you or I or sonship or secondson post about our Christian beliefs does that mean we are correct or that we each have an opinion?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
, not the same post when other things were said between one and the other.
It was the same post you replied to.
Two diametrically opposed replies.

It is there for all to see.
You cannot deny it.

Isn't lying a "bad thing" in your religion?
Will you go to hell?
I think you will.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Mar 19

@fmf said
In your personal opinion, you have "examples of supernatural".
I'll give the one you told me about in another thread, a creator.