Atheism vs. Faith

Atheism vs. Faith

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Mar 19

@fmf said
Your opinions about what is "real" have no bearing on me. "What is real, that is the only real question that matters", you say. Well, I don't think you have anything whatsoever to offer me about "what is real" judging by the things you claim and the opinions you espouse here on this message board.
The only thing you allow yourself to talk about, the claims. As I repeatedly pointed out to you 'truth' is only when what we claim matches reality. You never address the reality, you always go for the person, avoiding addressing the topic. If you refuse to look at it, you never have to worry about it, until it matters and you may have lost all of your ability to make choices.

F

Moves
23 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
The only thing you allow yourself to talk about, the claims. As I repeatedly pointed out to you 'truth' is only when what we claim matches reality. You never address the reality, you always go for the person, avoiding addressing the topic. If you refuse to look at it, you never have to worry about it, until it matters and you may have lost all of your ability to make choices.
You have already conceded that your opinion about "reality" is "not important". That is totally on-topic as has been my reaction to your comments about the link between your opinions and "reality". I am not sure why you are now suddenly playing the man [me] rather than the ball. I haven't been avoiding anything.

F

Moves
23 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
As I repeatedly pointed out to you 'truth' is only when what we claim matches reality.
All you offer here are your personal opinions about "truth" and "reality". That's all. Nothing more and nothing less.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Mar 19

@fmf said
All you offer here are your personal opinions about "truth" and "reality". That's all. Nothing more and nothing less.
Yes and you spend your time not examining reality as the topic, instead the person you are talking to as if they were what is important.

F

Moves
23 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Yes and you spend your time not examining reality as the topic, instead the person you are talking to as if they were what is important.
"Not examining reality"? You are mistaken. I am operating in ~ and thinking about ~ reality every second of every single day. All you offer here are your personal opinions about "reality". That's all you offer for "examining".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Mar 19
1 edit

@fmf said
"Not examining reality"? You are mistaken. I am operating in ~ and thinking about ~ reality every second of every single day. All you offer here are your personal opinions about "reality". That's all you offer for "examining".
If that were true then the reality of the universe would be in your responses, why something said can’t or can be true. Instead you always go to the, that is what you think and believe, leaving reality unmentioned. Go look at your responses!

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
23 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
What do you think I said was contradictory? If I added something to what I said it was because of I thought of something else.
Replying to the same post you said
"I've never denied that..."
then a little over an hour later you said
"Not true ..."

It is there, clearly for all to see.
Either you were drinking, smoking or are an idiot. Perhaps all three.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Mar 19

@wolfgang59 said
Replying to the same post you said
"I've never denied that..."
then a little over an hour later you said
"Not true ..."

It was a conversation I was having with someone else, not the same post when other things were said between one and the other.

I think we can conclude our time in conversation your insults are not worth putting up with.

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
If that were true then the reality of the universe would be in your responses, why something said can’t or can be true. Instead you always go to the, that is what you think and believe, leaving reality unmentioned. Go look at your responses!
Thanks for your personal opinions. And thanks for conceding that they have no effect on "reality". And thanks for conceding that our opinions are "not important".

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Instead you always go to the, that is what you think and believe, leaving reality unmentioned. Go look at your responses!
I have mentioned reality in every single post. And we have discussed reality for half a dozen years here. You cannot pretend to not know what my take is on it. How is that "leaving reality unmentioned"?

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@wolfgang59 said
You missed one out. Pride. Yes, he's inarticulate and sometimes feeble-minded. But the reason why he can hardly ever admit he has misstated something or contradicted himself, and the reason he will then often crowbar whatever nonsense he has said into what then becomes a bit of a parody-of-conversation, strewn with sanctimonious ad hominems and conversational foetal positions, all this is not because of drink or smoke; It's because he is debilitatingly prideful.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Mar 19

@fmf said
Thanks for your personal opinions. And thanks for conceding that they have no effect on "reality". And thanks for conceding that our opinions are "not important".
The thing is in discussing opinions, the opinions are about reality, what we live in. That alone is the real point of contention not you believe this and I believe that. If we can show the other reality looks like this and prove it, opinions change. Your method is you discuss the person not the reality, even now you are doing it, again.

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
The thing is in discussing opinions, the opinions are about reality, what we live in. That alone is the real point of contention not you believe this and I believe that. If we can show the other reality looks like this and prove it, opinions change. Your method is you discuss the person not the reality, even now you are doing it, again.
All we can share here are our personal opinions. You have nothing more to offer. I have nothing more to offer. And, as you admitted yourself, our opinions are "not important" with regard to "reality". You cannot "prove" anything about your beliefs in supernatural things to be "true". You can't even make your ideology sound morally coherent. All you have is your speculation and your recitations of your dogma. You are not going to "prove" anything.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Mar 19

@fmf said
All we can share here are our personal opinions. You have nothing more to offer. I have nothing more to offer. And, as you admitted yourself, our opinions are "not important" with regard to "reality". You cannot "prove" anything about your beliefs in supernatural things to be "true". You can't even make your ideology sound morally coherent. All you have is your speculation and your recitations of your dogma. You are not going to "prove" anything.
You also cannot prove your opinions, opinions are held by individuals, not reality.
You can claim there is no proof for the supernatural, but that isn't proof there isn't anything that is supernatural, it is only your opinion you have about the supernatural, not proof. You have your opinions about ideology being morally coherent, that doesn't mean that your correct only that you have an opinion nothing more. Complaining about dogma when you have your own isn't helping you win arguments either.

When the discussion stays on a person and not the world we live in its always going to be he said, she said nothing can come of that. I can only imagine that is why you continue this mode of discussion, keep it personal, then you cannot be proven wrong.

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
You also cannot prove your opinions, opinions are held by individuals, not reality.
I am not trying to "prove" anything to you.

We are just sharing our opinions and perspectives. That's all.