1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 15:14
    @fmf said
    I am fully aware of your particular God figure and I do not find anything you say about it to be credible.
    If you were "fully aware" of God credibility wouldn't be an issue.

You only know about God.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 15:18
    @fmf said
    .., I see evidence that might demonstrate that a creator entity exists.
    But you said you're "fully aware." Yet you refer to God as an "it."
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 15:191 edit
    @josephw said
    If you were "fully aware" of God credibility wouldn't be an issue.

You only know about God.
    Faith-related bromides like this are perhaps signals to fellow Christians; this kind of rhetorical posturings are a bit wasted on people who don't share your beliefs
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 15:20
    @josephw said
    But you said you're "fully aware." Yet you refer to God as an "it."
    "It", grammatically, refers to the collocation "God figure".
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 15:21
    @fmf said
    I spent nearly three decades immersed in the same faith as you profess: I am plenty aware of your God figure and the claims you make about it.
    Clearly you are completely unaware of God. Clearly you are aware of religion.

Clearly you don't know God, and never did.

Clearly.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 15:23
    @fmf said
    Wait. So. You're saying... your religious beliefs cause a supernatural phenomenon in you that enables you to know that your religious beliefs are true, is that it?
    josephw, any thoughts on the circular reasoning at work in what KellyJay suggested?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 15:23
    @josephw said
    Clearly you are completely unaware of God. Clearly you are aware of religion.

Clearly you don't know God, and never did.

Clearly.
    You are mistaken on all counts.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 15:30
    @fmf said
    What other evidence is there here that you believe in the Christian God apart from you quoting scriptures and asserting tenets of your faith?
    Do you even understand your own question?

If I say I believe in the "Christian God" you're just going to have to take my word for it. "What other evidence" is a preposterous thing to ask.

You would do better asking how do I know the Christian God I believe in exists.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 15:36
    @josephw said
    If I say I believe in the "Christian God" you're just going to have to take my word for it. "What other evidence" is a preposterous thing to ask.
    I am willing to accept that you self-identify as a Christian but the whole idea that belief in the Christian God is NOT a religion is just a kind of sophistry.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 15:41
    @josephw said
    You would do better asking how do I know the Christian God I believe in exists.
    I'd say you have faith that your Christian God figure exists, very very very strong faith, I'll grant you, but to use the word "know" in this context is a kind propagandizing way to use the word. One could say the Hindus "know" the Vedas are true, but it's no more or less invalid as you using the word that way
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 15:41
    @fmf said
    You are mistaken on all counts.
    You're being irrational.

You can't know God if you don't know he exists.

You only know about God. You don't know God.

Why don't you just admit it?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 15:45
    @josephw said
    You only know about God. You don't know God.
    We both know about your God figure. Because you are a religionist, you think there is some significance in dropping the word "about".
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 15:46
    @josephw said
    You're being irrational
    No. You are mistaken.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 15:49
    @josephw said
    You can't know God if you don't know he exists.
    When you talk about "knowing God", all you are saying is that you believe the narratives in the Bible are true. Whether he actually exists or not has no bearing on your belief in what the Bible says about him.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 17:23
    @fmf said
    We both know about your God figure. Because you are a religionist, you think there is some significance in dropping the word "about".
    Yeah, we both know about God. But you are a religionist because while you know "about" God you don't know God exists and are in a vacuum void of substance with regard to actually knowing God.

Knowing God requires no religious component.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree