1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '23 21:50
    @kellyjay said
    Can you understand God without God’s Spirit?
    Yes, I think so.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    25 Jan '23 23:58
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I'd say both. Can an ant ever be said to know an elephant? (Even if the elephant tried to make itself known to the ant).
    Well, an ant cannot know an elephant very well. But it's not zero. The ant feels the tremor of the steps and sees the squashing of its comrades. It might even connect the two thing to one massive being.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 00:10
    @kellyjay said
    Can you understand God without God’s Spirit?
    Wait. So. You're saying... your religious beliefs cause a supernatural phenomenon in you that enables you to know that your religious beliefs are true, is that it?
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 02:00
    @fmf said
    Wait. So. You're saying... your religious beliefs cause a supernatural phenomenon in you that enables you to know that your religious beliefs are true, is that it?
    Wait. Are you suffering from religiophobia?

In one thread you claim to be interested in discussing people's beliefs, and then in another you turn and mock those that have faith in God.

Hypocrisy anyone?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 05:03
    @josephw said
    Wait. Are you suffering from religiophobia?
    No, not at all. I'm not religious that's all.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 05:061 edit
    @josephw said
    In one thread you claim to be interested in discussing people's beliefs, and then in another you turn and mock those that have faith in God.
    It's was a satirical quip about the circular reasoning that underpins what KellyJay was suggesting. It's not mockery. Indeed, it was a point made with pinpoint accuracy.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 05:11
    @josephw said
    Hypocrisy anyone?
    Not from me. You seem to be using the word "hypocrisy" incorrectly. You mock me constantly about my beliefs - it's ok, it's water of a duck's back. But here you are apparently worried about people supposedly mocking others' beliefs. Maybe you should look up the word "hypocrisy".
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 05:13
    @fmf said
    Are you going to address this observation, josephw?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 06:36
    @fmf said
    I’m still waiting for him to come back and address my point in the other thread.
  10. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 08:10
    @divegeester said
    I’m still waiting for him to come back and address my point in the other thread.
    How sad for you, you little ninny of God.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 10:07
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    It can be scientifically ascertained.
    ROFL, yeah sure, show God one way or another as if God can be manipulated by us against His will. It will always be on His terms, being God that comes with the position.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 11:52
    @kellyjay said
    ROFL, yeah sure, show God one way or another as if God can be manipulated by us against His will. It will always be on His terms, being God that comes with the position.
    If "God" is a non-human entity rather than a "humanoid" or "superhuman" of some kind, then what does "being manipulated" mean?
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 12:45
    @fmf said
    No, not at all. I'm not religious that's all.
    No, that's not all. You perceive yourself as "not religious" because you think "religion" means believing in an actual living creator being.

You are mistaken. Religion is man made. Surely, since you are unaware of the existence of a creator being, and deny his existence, you can see that religion must then be man's own invention!?

Clearly, if God doesn't exist, all belief systems and practices are of human origin.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 12:48
    @fmf said
    Not from me. You seem to be using the word "hypocrisy" incorrectly. You mock me constantly about my beliefs - it's ok, it's water of a duck's back. But here you are apparently worried about people supposedly mocking others' beliefs. Maybe you should look up the word "hypocrisy".
    I don't deny mocking you. That's the difference between you and I. But my mocking is in reply to yours.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jan '23 12:53
    @fmf said
    "...your religious beliefs cause a supernatural phenomenon in you that enables you to know that your religious beliefs are true, is that it?"

It's a bogus question lacking intellectual integrity. It's mocking.

You're hung up on religiosity. Religion has nothing to do with faith in the object of belief.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree