1. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    03 Feb '23 20:39
    @divegeester said
    Yes. But maybe not for the reasons you might immediately think.
    Thanks, buddy, you just made my weekend.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '23 20:41
    @indonesia-phil said
    Thanks, buddy, you just made my weekend.
    See you in paradise.
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    03 Feb '23 20:43
    @divegeester said
    See you in paradise.
    The beers are on me. Always assuming, of course, that it's not free up there.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Feb '23 13:492 edits
    @indonesia-phil said
    I once 'believed', i.e. I was indoctrinated into the Christian faith and went along with it for a bit, and I suppose I still follow the commandments; not stealing, killing anyone or coveting next doors' ox or whatever, so am I covered do you reckon?
    If it were about good works, doing good things,(just because), and the bar was very low for how much or many good works, with those expectations maybe. However, perfection is the righteousness of Christ inputted to us due to Jesus going cross, God's grace is unmerited favor, therefore we cannot work for it or earn it. It's the cart and the horse, if we put our faith in Christ our living hope by trying to earn His grace, that is suggesting we have to work for God's grace and earn God's grace and mercy.

Receiving Christ, due to His salvation turning us from our evil ways that He died to save us from is simply fruit that is seen, as He transforms our lives from the inside out. The thief on the cross turned to Christ in the middle of His execution as he hung dying, He professed his faith in Christ there, and was accepted, we are saved by grace through faith, and even that is a gift of God.

YouTube

Grace and mercy can be given to the guilty, no need to give them who are righteous. Righteousness demands justice, divine righteousness set the bar as high as it can possibly be, so that every crime will be paid for in full. God tells us we are all unworthy because everyone has sinned, and a way was made for everyone to receive forgiveness, those that don't think it is needed or required will not come, only those that know they are guilty and in need of God's grace, will gladly. Those that think they have to add to Jesus' sacrifice by saying they need to do whatever to add to as to top off His grace lacks, are diminishing the grace of God by saying it isn't enough. Telling Jesus what He did was insufficient giving up His life on the cross wasn't enough we have to add it to our justification with our own efforts is insulting Christ.

Putting our faith in Christ, then walking out our lives with Him we receive the forgiveness of God we could never earn, and we start living the lives we should have with God. Jesus Christ is the means to God as the only way, and He is also the end, being God.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '23 03:47
    @kellyjay said
    Putting our faith in Christ, then walking out our lives with Him we receive the forgiveness of God we could never earn, and we start living the lives we should have with God. Jesus Christ is the means to God as the only way, and He is also the end, being God.
    Putting our faith in Christ, then walking out our lives with Him we receive the forgiveness of God we could never earn

So you can earn forgiveness by putting your faith in Christ, right?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '23 03:51
    @kellyjay said
    Putting our faith in Christ, then walking out our lives with Him we receive the forgiveness of God we could never earn, and we start living the lives we should have with God.
    So by putting your faith in Christ and "living the life [you] should", you can "earn" everlasting life? Perhaps this is what James was getting at.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree