Are you saved?

Are you saved?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S. Korea

Moves
15 Feb 19

@fmf said
I am bringing up JW doctrine and practice. You should just post what you see as being "very productive" and enjoy the fact that there is variety here.
You should bring it up separate from old forum drama as a topic to be discussed independently.

F

Moves
15 Feb 19

@philokalia said
You should bring it up separate from old forum drama as a topic to be discussed independently.
I disagree.

F

Moves
15 Feb 19

@galveston75 said
I know some here believe that they are saved. I do understand it is a very personal subject and one that most will become defensive over if they are questioned about. I have family members that have made that very clear to me over the years to the point they want nothing to do with me because I questioned them about it.
Do you have some sort of clear principle according to which you decide it is the right time and basis for ostracizing other believers in Jesus and when it is the wrong time and basis for ostracizing other believers in Jesus?

S. Korea

Moves
15 Feb 19

@fmf said
I disagree.
But why?

How is this good? It derails the thread and frames everything in the context of finger pointing and conflict.

F

Moves
15 Feb 19

@philokalia said
It derails the thread and frames everything in the context of finger pointing and conflict.
I disagree with you. You should post as you see fit. But you're wasting your time using so many of your posts to express your disapproval of my contributions.

F

Moves
15 Feb 19
1 edit

@galveston75 said
I know some here believe that they are saved. I do understand it is a very personal subject and one that most will become defensive over if they are questioned about. I have family members that have made that very clear to me over the years to the point they want nothing to do with me because I questioned them about it. I never approached them in a rude or in a correctiv ...[text shortened]... to teach and to educate anyone that wanted to listen to a path that would help them gain salvation.
I have family members that have made that very clear to me over the years to the point they want nothing to do with me because I questioned them about it.

Maybe your Christian family members basically just 'disfellowshipped' you. That's when people have "nothing to do with" someone in a concerted way.

S. Korea

Moves
15 Feb 19

@fmf said
I disagree with you. You should post as you see fit. But you're wasting your time using so many of your posts to express your disapproval of my contributions.
Alright.

Would you like to explain your logic behind bringing up forum fights from several years ago or more..?

I think that, if you reflect on it, you will understand why it's not a good idea.

F

Moves
15 Feb 19

@philokalia said
Alright.

Would you like to explain your logic behind bringing up forum fights from several years ago or more..?

I think that, if you reflect on it, you will understand why it's not a good idea.
I am fine with how I post. I have nothing to explain to you.

The OP poster is a Jehovah's Witness. Factoring this into what I post is not "bringing up forum fights from several years ago".

Everything I have said about the OP so far on this thread has been completely on-topic.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
15 Feb 19

@galveston75 said
I know some here believe that they are saved.
Firstly one has to believe they are in some danger in order to be saved.
Whether theist or atheist I hope all know that they are safe.

I do.
I hope you do too.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Feb 19
1 edit

@galveston75 said
I know some here believe that they are saved. I do understand it is a very personal subject and one that most will become defensive over if they are questioned about. I have family members that have made that very clear to me over the years to the point they want nothing to do with me because I questioned them about it. I never approached them in a rude or in a correctiv ...[text shortened]... rom the bible why you are in a brief manner and could that position actually ever be lost? Thanks...
Repent, believe putting your faith in Jesus, baptism by water, baptism in the Spirit of God, follow Christ.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Feb 19

@galveston75 said
No JW's are saved. Your salvation is between you and Jehovah just as it is with every human on the planet. No man or church or organization can save you.
That's not what he asked you.

Please answer his question.

Moves
15 Feb 19

@galveston75 said
No JW's are saved. Your salvation is between you and Jehovah just as it is with every human on the planet. No man or church or organization can save you.
So there is no need for me to join the Jehovah’s Witness organisation/church then?

Moves
15 Feb 19

@fmf said
But your organization's publications have suggested that  it is NOT possible for anyone to be "saved" if they are not a member of the Jehovah’s Witneses organisation. We went through this before.
Yes the Jehovah’s Witness Church is a cult, we all know it is a cult and Galveston75 will duck and dodge all the exclusivity questions because he knows himself it’s a cult.

I imagine this will be the last we see of him for a while anyway.

Moves
15 Feb 19

@philokalia saidIt's a complex topic.
No it isn’t, it’s completely straightforward. One either has to be an member of the Jehovah’s Witness Church in order to win access to the next life, eternal life, being saved, life after death (insert whichever term is acceptable)... or one doesn’t.

It’s not complicated at all. Pretentious pseudo intellectuals like yourself try to make it a complex issue so you have a platform to pontificate from and say actually nothing much at all. As you just did.

S. Korea

Moves
15 Feb 19

@divegeester said
No it isn’t, it’s completely straightforward. One either has to be an member of the Jehovah’s Witness Church in order to win access to the next life, eternal life, being saved, life after death (insert whichever term is acceptable)... or one doesn’t.

It’s not complicated at all. Pretentious pseudo intellectuals like yourself try to make it a complex issue so you have a platform to pontificate from and say actually nothing much at all. As you just did.
I am not insulting you. Why are you insulting me?