1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 22:27
    I know some here believe that they are saved. I do understand it is a very personal subject and one that most will become defensive over if they are questioned about. I have family members that have made that very clear to me over the years to the point they want nothing to do with me because I questioned them about it. I never approached them in a rude or in a corrective way but only wanted to share what the bible says with them and invited them to do the same.
    But I have questioned as to why they in turn did not want to take the time to sit with me and possibly show from the bible why they believe that about themselves and would want to help a relative from their own family to also gain the type of salvation they are so sure they have, with me. After all Jesus would go completely out of his way to teach and to educate anyone that wanted to listen to a path that would help them gain salvation. But it never happened. Anyway if anyone here that believes they are saved could take the time to explain from the bible why you are in a brief manner and could that position actually ever be lost? Thanks...
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 22:33

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 22:34
    @galveston75 said
    I know some here believe that they are saved. I do understand it is a very personal subject and one that most will become defensive over if they are questioned about. I have family members that have made that very clear to me over the years to the point they want nothing to do with me because I questioned them about it. I never approached them in a rude or in a correctiv ...[text shortened]... rom the bible why you are in a brief manner and could that position actually ever be lost? Thanks...
    Is it possible for me to be saved without becoming a member of the Jehovah’s Witneses church/organisation?
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 23:52
    @divegeester said
    Is it possible for me to be saved without becoming a member of the Jehovah’s Witneses church/organisation?
    No JW's are saved. Your salvation is between you and Jehovah just as it is with every human on the planet. No man or church or organization can save you.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 00:16
    @galveston75 said
    No JW's are saved. Your salvation is between you and Jehovah just as it is with every human on the planet. No man or church or organization can save you.
    But your organization's publications have suggested that  it is NOT possible for anyone to be "saved" if they are not a member of the Jehovah’s Witneses organisation. We went through this before.
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 01:27
    Maybe they associate the confidence in their salvation with their confidence in the goodness of God and their following of the Bible as it is written, so it becomes a sensitive topic for them.

On the one hand, we should be incredibly humble and never assume we are saved, and we hsould feel that we are not doing enough to be saved in terms of repentance so that we can make our repentance complete. But I understand also that hopefulness is a virtue, and complete confidence and faith in God is a virtue, so I do not really try to pick fights with people who advocate certainty in salvation, because there is a virtue in this... I only point out that we should feel that we are always making efforts and striving...

It's a complex topic.

I probably agree with you a lot, OP... and it sounds like this fellow is being a bit bitter and angry with your simple questioning of it... But maybe you have also somehow made a mistake in judging the other persons' character and not accounting for their sensitivity on the topic, and you should make an effort to repair that relationship.

Sometimes, being a good friend or family member is more important than doctrinal correctness -- because doctrinal correctness can rub off on them after you fulfill the former. But who knows. I do not know enough on what was transpiring.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 01:51
    @philokalia said
    Maybe they associate the confidence in their salvation with their confidence in the goodness of God and their following of the Bible as it is written, so it becomes a sensitive topic for them.

On the one hand, we should be incredibly humble and never assume we are saved, and we hsould feel that we are not doing enough to be saved in terms of repentance so that we can m ...[text shortened]... em after you fulfill the former. But who knows. I do not know enough on what was transpiring.
    Who is "they"? Who is "us"? And who is "you" in your post?
  8. S. Korea
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 02:01
    @fmf said
    Who is "they"? Who is "us"? And who is "you" in your post?
    It's a direct reply to the original post, and I am talking about his family members and the issue of being saved. I only say you once, and it is to the OP (Original Poster).

The "we" that is being used is just the lingual convention where English native speakers often revert to "we."

Like when a speaker says to a group "we should be more careful about X," "we got to do better," etc.

I don't think I'm using it wrongly but correct me if I'm wrong.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 02:181 edit
    @galveston75 said
    I have family members that have made that very clear to me over the years to the point they want nothing to do with me because I questioned them about it.
    Your fellow JW robbie carrobie, for years, used to cite Matthew 10:14 and other verses on these threads to justify the institutionalized ostracization of fellow believers over doctrine by the JW organization and its members.

The two of you even bullied a JW poster called Beauroberts in public over his wife having had a blood transfusion that saved her life.

I don't remember you ever speaking out against JWs blanking out and bullying ex-JWs over their beliefs even when story after story was raised. And now you're here talking about how you feel hard done by.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 02:20
    @philokalia said
    It's a direct reply to the original post,
    I suggest you use "Reply" rather than "Post Reply".
  11. S. Korea
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 02:20
    @fmf said
    I suggest you use "Reply" rather than "Post Reply".
    Duly noted!
  12. S. Korea
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 02:21
    @fmf said
    Your fellow JW robbie carrobie, for years, used to cite Matthew 10:14 and other verses on these threads to justify the institutionalized ostracization of fellow believers over doctrine by the JW organization and its members.

The two of you even bullied a JW poster called Beauroberts in public over his wife having had a blood transfusion that saved her life.

I don't rememb ...[text shortened]... even when story after story was raised. And now you're here talking about how you feel hard done by.
    How many years ago was all this?

This sounds like you're bringing up old forum drama into a new thread and that doesn't seem to be very productive.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 02:28
    @philokalia said
    How many years ago was all this?
    What does it matter?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 02:32
    @philokalia said
    This sounds like you're bringing up old forum drama into a new thread and that doesn't seem to be very productive.
    I am bringing up JW doctrine and practice. You should just post what you see as being "very productive" and enjoy the fact that there is variety here.
  15. S. Korea
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 02:44
    @fmf said
    What does it matter?
    If someone is bringing up conflicts from years ago on a forum in a thread that deals with the concept of salvation, that isn't just detailing but actively trying to steer discussion into conflict.

I think it isn't good for the life of the forum.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree