Are you a doubting Christian?

Are you a doubting Christian?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
20 Mar 16

Originally posted by galveston75
Yes we do and will do anything we can to help you see the truths in the bible. We don't go door to door to find other JW's. We go trying to find anyone that is searching for the truths in the bible no matter who they are.
If you meet a person on their doorstep and it's clear from your discussion with them that they might be ideologically suited to the Christian life propagated and lived by non-JW Christian denominations [with their different theories as to "the truths in the bible" etc.], do you urge them to contact and go along to local branches of those denominations or do you in fact go door to door to find people who might become JWs?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Mar 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
who really are my brothers and sisters, the ones doing Gods will. - Jesus
And who does God's will?

Oh, only those your "overlord" corporation SAYS "do God's will". Which would only be JWs. And all the rest of us can just go "piss off", eh? (Oh, except for waking us all up on Saturday mornings to listen to your cult nonsense.) Might as well be Scientologists.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Mar 16

Yep. Many call themselves brothers and sisters in the faith, but Jesus said to get away from him. They are not doing the work he told them to do.....
Good point.

Remind me to slam the door in their faces when they call again next Saturday morning.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Mar 16

Well another point you have wrong is that no, "we are not saved." ( Another issue that you are not correct on. How many others are you wrong about when it comes to our views on the bible?)
But as far as that goes no one is saved, YET. If we were saved it would be easy to be as many are with the attitude that since "one is saved, then I can some what ba ...[text shortened]... a scripture or two that would back your thoughts on this, I would be interested in seeing them.
You guys make a big show that only you know what the Bible REALLY says, after you bend it to suit your pre-made dogma.

Why don't you understand all the promises that Jesus made to us? Are they all just "bunk"?

And yes, your "ministry" IS a waste of your time when speaking to other Christians. That you unreservedly pile us all in with those who do not know about Christ, shows such a deep level of disrespect. And you actually wonder why you are "persecuted"? This is the biggest problem I have with these pompous windbags who wake me up on Saturday mornings. I'm already a Christian!! Your time would be WAY better spent chasing down the unrepentant. What's the matter, is that calling just too hard for you, so you prey on those who are already called to God instead?? And all because you don't recognize their Christianity?? What is wrong with you??

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Mar 16
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
This is deflection. You have a reputation for attacking those you don't like here; and those you don't like are those who attack your buddies. Pretending it's about doctrine is simply not supported by the evidence of your posting.
"Deflection".,, nice. I tried to explain it to you in words you can understand and I get this back.

"You have a reputation for attacking those you don't like here; and those you don't like are those who attack your buddies."
Oh, the irony. And how do you spend your time in the General Forum? Sorry, you're WAY too invested in the concept of "forum combat" to even take this comment from you seriously.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Mar 16

Originally posted by divegeester
I hold to "Fringe doctrines"
The doctrinal differences you have with your buddies are "Minor points of doctrine"

Do you want to put this waffle to the test?
I'm not going to go nit-picking with you through all of your fringe doctrines. I don't even KNOW all of your doctrines besides what you espouse here. What I DO know is that apparently, it's part of your doctrine to excoriate people for believing what they believe and not believing what you believe. How many times have you called what other people believe the "most horrible thing possible" and you seem to take great offense that they don't believe as you do. Are you thinking that this belittles your beliefs? What do you think you're doing to them? Apparently, your doctrine also says that anyone not agreeing with you must simply be the worst human beings ever to walk the planet. I'd call that a "fringe" doctrine.

Sorry, I don't want your "waffle". I like mine just fine.

F

Moves
20 Mar 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne to divegeester
And how do you spend your time in the General Forum?
I'd say he starts plenty of good threads, he has a good sense of humour, makes people laugh, he makes people think, he has plenty of friends stretching way back, he sticks robustly to what he believes when necessary, he isn't afraid of taking an unpopular stance from time to time, and doesn't spend all his time attacking people that he doesn't like. I'd say the criticism implicit in your question, and you - of all people - grumbling about "forum combat", is wide of the mark and rather feckless. 😉

F

Moves
20 Mar 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne to divegeester
How many times have you called what other people believe the "most horrible thing possible" and you seem to take great offense that they don't believe as you do.
I've heard divegeester refer to the notion of eternal torture as the "most horrible thing possible" - or words to that effect. Don't you think the notion of your God figure punishing non-believers with torture lasting for eternity ~ billions upon billions of people, vengeance, anger, agony, lasting forever ~ don't you think it's the "most horrible thing possible" too? If not, what is?

Moves
20 Mar 16
3 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
I'm not going to go nit-picking with you through all of your fringe doctrines. I don't even KNOW all of your doctrines besides what you espouse here. What I DO know is that apparently, it's part of your doctrine to excoriate people for believing what they believe and not believing what you believe. How many times have you called what other people believe ...[text shortened]... I'd call that a "fringe" doctrine.

Sorry, I don't want your "waffle". I like mine just fine.
Ok let's discuss this then shall we...

You claim that I hold to "fringe doctrines" - name one please?

You claim that the only differences you have with posters such as sonship are "minor points of doctrine"... really??!

Sonship believes that the Jesus you believe in has created and maintains a place unimaginable apocalyptic horror over which he observes the everlasting burning of billions of unbelievers whom God supernaturally keeps alive so they can suffer this flesh melting agony for eternity. Sonship also believes that this place can be described as where "the lost are hung in chains of eternal punishment as a warning to those on other worlds". "Other worlds" suzianne!!

You say you don't believe this. I say this is gross error and religious extremism of the worst kind.

You say it is a "minor point of doctrine".

He's your buddy and you won't challenge him on it. You are a partisan fraud suzianne - you come to this forum and chastise posters like me simply because I challenge posters like sonship, your buddy. You don't like me so you attack me. It's fine, but at least have the courage to be honest about it.

rc

Moves
20 Mar 16
2 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
And who does God's will?

Oh, only those your "overlord" corporation SAYS "do God's will". Which would only be JWs. And all the rest of us can just go "piss off", eh? (Oh, except for waking us all up on Saturday mornings to listen to your cult nonsense.) Might as well be Scientologists.
gee thats bitter, what is Gods will ? thats all men should be saved. How will they hear without someone to preach to them the apostle asks? How will they respond unless someone has been sent forth he asks?

How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? - Romans 10:14

and here you are actually besmirching that work. You may actually be guilty of blaspheming against the Holy spirit because the text itself is considered as inspired as is the direction that Christ gave, for he clearly states that he will be with those who are teaching and preaching.

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”- Matthew 28:19.20 NIV

Ouch.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Mar 16
2 edits

gee thats bitter, what is Gods will ? thats all men should be saved. How will they hear without someone to preach to them the apostle asks? How will they respond unless someone has been sent forth he asks?

[b]How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how c ...[text shortened]... And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
- Matthew 28:19.20 NIV

Ouch.[/b]
Yes ouch for sure. But she believes as she believes.

My couisin just posted this about Trump and why he's causing such a stir over here. Take a look at this:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=249939252005997&set=a.103532269980030.1073741828.100009697713010&type=3&theater

The point of this is how this relates to not only the JW's but to any other group that doesn't comply or fall under the rules of other mainstream Christian religions. Just a thought....

rc

Moves
20 Mar 16

Yes ouch for sure. But she believes as she believes.

My couisin just posted this about Trump and why he's causing such a stir over here. Take a look at this:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=249939252005997&set=a.103532269980030.1073741828.100009697713010&type=3&theater

The point of this is how this relates to not only the JW's but to an ...[text shortened]... esn't comply or fall under the rules of other mainstream Christian religions. Just a thought....
He likes his bacon and cars too 😀 not so much Muslims

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Mar 16

He likes his bacon and cars too 😀 not so much Muslims
No he does't. I'm sure there's more he doesn't like either....

Moves
20 Mar 16
1 edit

No he does't. I'm sure there's more he doesn't like either....
Are you going to respond to my reply to you on page 17, which you are ignoring, or are you just going carry on with this stroke-fest with robbie carrobie?

rc

Moves
20 Mar 16

feel free to ignore me at anytime - divejeester