Are you a doubting Christian?

Are you a doubting Christian?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
12 Mar 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
the qualification is inherent in the scripture, either you are gathering for the Christ or you are not. I doubt divegeester is gathering for the Christ.
Are you ignoring Divegeester indirectly?

Moves
12 Mar 16

the qualification is inherent in the scripture, either you are gathering for the Christ or you are not. I doubt divegeester is gathering for the Christ.
Are you frightened of clicking the the "reply and quote" button. 😵

rc

Moves
12 Mar 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Are you ignoring Divegeester indirectly?
Directly and indirectly any way is fine😵

Moves
13 Mar 16

Are you talking to me but trying to ignore me at the same time?

Moves
13 Mar 16

Directly and indirectly any way is fine😵
You are strange chap.

rc

Moves
13 Mar 16

If divegeester offered some evidence of his Christianity it may allay my doubts

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Mar 16

Originally posted by galveston75
Lol. So we have maybe a dozen people here that on one level or another agree with you that disagree on our claim to be directed by Jehovah and his son Jesus. You say "not exactly". Sounds like you think you are? Prove it.......
So we can argue all day or for years as we've done here on who or what we think god approves, if anyone as far as that goes. Y ...[text shortened]... d do as Jesus told you, or is the comfy chair of condemnation just too comfortable? Seems to be.
Sounds like sour grapes.

You say you are following all of His commandments exactly as He intended.

Again I say, "Not exactly." So much of your base beliefs aren't just wrong, but ridiculously wrong. And this is because your doctrines are not based on the Bible, but on your creation of a Bible that magically supports those doctrines, written after those doctrines were invented. This is putting the cart before the horse, and is certainly NOT "as Jesus directed".

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Mar 16

amazing,

"Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. - Luke 11:23
"But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it." -- Luke 11:28, KJV

Moves
13 Mar 16

If divegeester offered some evidence of his Christianity it may allay my doubts
You seem to have me confused with someone who cares about what you think of them.

rc

Moves
13 Mar 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
"But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it." -- Luke 11:28, KJV
has divegeetser shown evidence of 'hearing the word of God and keeping it'? where is this evidence?

Moves
13 Mar 16
1 edit

has divegeetser shown evidence of 'hearing the word of God and keeping it'? where is this evidence?
Are you asking suzianne to comment on my spirituality, or are you actually asking me, by asking suzianne, because you have made a silly pact with yourself to ignore me? 🙂

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Mar 16

divegeester has his own mind. It is not up to me to either provide evidence for what he says, nor to attack what he says merely because you find it 'insufficient'. If I have a problem with what he says, I will, and often have, approach him directly.

By the way, this also goes for his assertions that somehow I must accept what other Christians believe because I don't confront them and support his disagreements with them. This is consistency.

And one more thing. Why do you require "evidence" that other Christians believe what they say they believe? This is probably my biggest beef against the JWs. They do not ever show the love for their Christian brothers that Christ commanded us to have.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Mar 16

Sounds like sour grapes.

You say you are following all of His commandments exactly as He intended.

Again I say, "Not exactly." So much of your base beliefs aren't just wrong, but ridiculously wrong. And this is because your doctrines are not based on the Bible, but on your creation of a Bible that magically supports those doctrines, written after th ...[text shortened]... invented. This is putting the cart before the horse, and is certainly NOT "as Jesus directed".
That chair is just to comfy huh? Just because you disagree does not mean anything other then you disagree.
I challenged you to prove you are right...go for it.

Moves
14 Mar 16
2 edits

divegeester has his own mind. It is not up to me to either provide evidence for what he says, nor to attack what he says merely because you find it 'insufficient'. If I have a problem with what he says, I will, and often have, approach him directly.

By the way, this also goes for his assertions that somehow I must accept what other Christians believe b ...[text shortened]... . They do not ever show the love for their Christian brothers that Christ commanded us to have.
I should acknowledge that you are probably one of the most direct posters I engage with.

However I reject your assertion, that I assert, that you accept other Christian's beliefs because you don't confront them. I'm well aware that you have your own opinions.

What I do assert, is that you are inconsistent in who you confront and why. You confront me about almost everything (which is totally fine), but you do not confront those Christians on your "like list" simply because they are on your "like list". Such as sonship for example.

You are consistent in this inconsistency; confronting myself, Rajk, carrobie, and FMF, but NEVER sonship, GB, josephw or the rest of your in-group.

F

Moves
16 Mar 16

Originally posted by FMF
The question is a reasonable one. Why not take the opportunity to make your stance clear? If victims of child sex abuse are vindicated and empowered by the revelations and confessions - even after all these years - and this means current and future sex abusers are more likely to be exposed for what they are and what theydo, is it something you are pleased to see?
robbie carrobie, do you welcome the scrutiny and criticism that the Church of England has come under for its handling of child sex abuse cases and do you hope that it will result in more victims coming forward and sexual predators being less likely to get away with abusing children in the future?