anti-intellectualism

anti-intellectualism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
24 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Pudgenik
Knowing the bible is a great thing, but it isn't in knowing the word that gives you life in God. It is in living in God that gives us life. If God lives in you and you live in God you will live forever. And what is God? Scripture states, God is love. God living in you is Love, unconditional love.

It is written, in scripture, that we are the vessels. It i ...[text shortened]... mp under a basket, but put your lamp out for all to see. The light of the lamp is God within us.
It is in living in God that gives us life, umm I dont mean to be rude but that hardly makes any sense.

and yet the Bible states, 'this means everlasting life their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.'

Gods love is not unconditional, he plans on getting rid of vast hordes of people at the battle of Armageddon.

within us? where does the Bible state that Gods is within us? are you referring to the scripture where Jesus said to the Pharisees the Kingdom of heaven is in your midst? clearly he was not saying that the Kingdom of God was in the heart of the people that were plotting to kill him, was he?

P

Moves
24 Apr 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
can you explain how its possible to love someone without knowing them? and how is possible to know God without study.
Jesus tells us to be like Him. Jesus loved. Plainly, just loved. I just love. God's gift to the world.

It is what i am. I knew God as a child, but i did not know the scripture. I recognized God in my life and knew who He is.

God lives in me and i in Him.

rc

Moves
24 Apr 14
4 edits

Originally posted by Pudgenik
Jesus tells us to be like Him. Jesus loved. Plainly, just loved. I just love. God's gift to the world.

It is what i am. I knew God as a child, but i did not know the scripture. I recognized God in my life and knew who He is.

God lives in me and i in Him.
On the contrary Jesus was an excellent student of scripture, in fact, he was able to locate a single verse of Isaiah in a scroll several meters long. When he was being tempted in the wilderness, four times he related to the Devil, 'It is written. . . .', yes Jesus was an excellent student of scripture for sure.

Please answer the question how is it possible to love someone without knowing them?

I recognised Neil Lennon the manager of Glasgow Celtic football club when he drove past me today, do i really know him, hardly.

P

Moves
24 Apr 14
1 edit

It is in living in God that gives us life, umm I dont mean to be rude but that hardly makes any sense.

and yet the Bible states, 'this means everlasting life their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.'

Gods love is not unconditional, he plans on getting rid of vast hordes of people at t ...[text shortened]... g that the Kingdom of God was in the heart of the people that were plotting to kill him, was he?
I wrote in another thead that Jesus had His demons. Which many misquoted and plainly did not understand my meaning. But here you have it "the people that were plotting to kill him" . Those people are the demons.

Have you never read, in the scripture, when the King is judging. Where He says, "away from me i never knew you" those people said to the King, "but Lord, we cast out demons in your name" .

They did not have God within them!!!

Paul states, "where your heart is , there your kingdom will be"

I have to get moving, but will add to this later. God's Peace, Rob.

F

Moves
24 Apr 14

When he was being tempted in the wilderness, four times he related to the Devil, 'It is written. . . .', yes Jesus was an excellent student of scripture for sure.
As a matter of interest, is Jesus thought to have told someone about this exchange, verbatim, after he returned from the wilderness?

rc

Moves
24 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
As a matter of interest, is Jesus thought to have told someone about this exchange, verbatim, after he returned from the wilderness?
how else would the authors of the Bible relate it unless Christ told them?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Apr 14

How about a few centuries later they all made it up.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
24 Apr 14

Do you want to buy a bridge?

rc

Moves
24 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by redbarons
How about a few centuries later they all made it up.
How about you provide evidence for that assertion.

rc

Moves
24 Apr 14

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Do you want to buy a bridge?
yes i do, you got one for sale?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Apr 14
1 edit

..Please answer the question how is it possible to love someone without knowing them? ..
1Jn 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

1Jn 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

rc

Moves
24 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
1Jn 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and [b]every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

1Jn 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.[/b]
how does that answer the question?

and could you use a more modern translation, we dont sayeth knoweth anymoreth

infact here is the most accurate translation in the worlds version.

(1 John 4:7)Beloved ones, let us continue loving one another, because love is from God, and everyone who loves has been born from God and gains the knowledge of God.

This talks about gaining knowledge of God. How is it possible to gain knowledge of God without study?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
24 Apr 14

yes i do, you got one for sale?
Sure thing. First things first, pop some money into my account.

F

Moves
24 Apr 14

What year was this account of Jesus' exchange with the Devil written down? Did the writers place Jesus' words in quotation marks?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
24 Apr 14

What's the scripture and what is the earliest dated manuscript for it?