Another Reason for Jesus Dying

Another Reason for Jesus Dying

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Jan 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
Perhaps your “just think” instruction would be better offered to sonship?

Just thinking.
My post addressed another post just made. I see no benefit to anyone (except the ever-present Romans waiting for the Christians to go at each other, not that that would even begin to do any good) in addressing others in a general fashion. My post targeted a concept about which I had something to say.

Do you have anything to say about what I did write?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 Jan 22

@sonship said
@josephw

Joseph, there is no consternation on my part.
I would change nothing of what I wrote here (except for typos).
Good enough.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 Jan 22

@sonship said
There are those who vastly under estimate God's complete salvation.
The extent of His saving and the depths of His purpose, they under estimate.
Not just underestimate, but completely ignor, ridicule or are otherwise indifferent.

Nothing new.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 Jan 22

@sonship said It is unfortunate that some here seeing saving "to the uttermost" not as
the power of God's grace but the presumption of man's overreach.
And do some presume to overreach indeed.

It is usually due to adding to and taking away from God's Word.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 Jan 22

@suzianne said
Just think. There is nothing new under the sun. This has been going on as long as there has been scripture. I can't be sure that it has remained inviolate. We're talking literally thousands of years, in combination with corrupt elders down thru the ages. Just how much scripture, the word of God, has survived totally intact?
All of it is intact.

God preserves His Word.

I am well aware of the arguments against inerrancy. Heard lots of them here.

Moves
12 Jan 22

@suzianne said
My post addressed another post just made. I see no benefit to anyone (except the ever-present Romans waiting for the Christians to go at each other, not that that would even begin to do any good) in addressing others in a general fashion. My post targeted a concept about which I had something to say.

Do you have anything to say about what I did write?
Not really as it wasn’t related to what I was focusing on in this thread.

You say there is nothing new under the sun… well I assert that much of what sonship promotes in this forum is “new”. It is extraneous to the core biblical construct of the nature of god and man, and yet hardly any of the other mainstream Christians take him on. Presumably for fear of appearing to break ranks. I think Josephw might be the first, other than rajk999 and myself.

Moves
12 Jan 22

@josephw said
I just can't stand idly by and watch while the narrative of scripture is commingled with the contrivances of manmade words when the simple God inspired words like crucify and mortify say to me what God wants me to know and understand.
This is fair criticism.

Why would words like God-ized or We-ized need to be added to a divinely inspired book?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
This is fair criticism.

Why would words like God-ized or We-ized need to be added to a divinely inspired book?
Imagine you have to dig it out of Christians that sonship is promoting a doctrine of twisted nonsense contrary to the bible. Been saying it for over a decade now that sonship is Satan trying to draw people away from eternal life. He is the wolf in sheeps clothing and the angel of death that appears as an angel of light. When the man talks, people should just run.

Moves
12 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
Been saying it for over a decade now that sonship is Satan trying to draw people away from eternal life.
He’s not Satan ffs!

Get some perspective, please.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 Jan 22

@divegeester said
Not really as it wasn’t related to what I was focusing on in this thread.

You say there is nothing new under the sun… well I assert that much of what sonship promotes in this forum is “new”. It is extraneous to the core biblical construct of the nature of god and man, and yet hardly any of the other mainstream Christians take him on. Presumably for fear of appearing to break ranks. I think Josephw might be the first, other than rajk999 and myself.
Well golly gee wiz, I don't think I've gone so far as to "break ranks" with sonship.

It's just that while I understand what he's saying, I just don't think sonship or anyone else should tamper with the narrative of the inspired word by generating terms they think produces or uncovers a deeper spiritual revelation.

The Holy Spirit teaches the "deep things of God" with the inspired word of God.

1 Corinthians 2:9-11
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Jan 22

@josephw

Just out of curiosity, is the use of the word "trinity" adding or taking away from God's Word?

Moves
12 Jan 22

@josephw said
Well golly gee wiz, I don't think I've gone so far as to "break ranks" with sonship.
Well it’s the first time in the thirteen years I’ve been posting in this forum that seen either you of your other username (secondson) directly challenge him.

So..

Moves
12 Jan 22
1 edit

@sonship said
@josephw

Just out of curiosity, is the use of the word "trinity" adding or taking away from God's Word?
Well seeing as it’s not in the Bible at all, anywhere, not even once…It must be adding to the word of god.

Edit but I would be interested to hear an unequivocal yes or no from Josephw

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Jan 22

@sonship said
@josephw

Yes. The Trinity doctrine adds that Jesus and God are equal.
A doctrine contrary to the bible

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Jan 22

@divegeester said
Well it’s the first time in the thirteen years I’ve been posting in this forum that seen either you of your other username (secondson) directly challenge him.

So..
A red letter day on the Spirituality Forum