Another Reason for Jesus Dying

Another Reason for Jesus Dying

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
11 Jan 22

@sonship

You wear scripture like a cloak to conceal your delusions of deification. (Yes I know, the son of a hedgehog is a hedgehog.)

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
11 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
@sonship

You wear scripture like a cloak to conceal your delusions of deification. (Yes I know, the son of a hedgehog is a hedgehog.)
I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail
Yes, I would
If I could
I surely would

I'd rather be a hammer than a nail
Yes, I would
If I only could
I surely would

Away, I'd rather sail away
Like a swan that's here and gone
A man gets tied up to the ground
He gives the world its saddest sound
It's saddest sound

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Jan 22
1 edit

@josephw

If you have more questions perhaps you should take them to God in prayer.
My replies seem to not doing you any benefit.

Take what is on your heart to the Lord Jesus in honest prayer. Any subject is good to take with an honest heart accompanied with some thanksgiving.

Moves
11 Jan 22

@sonship said
@josephw

Take what is on your heart to the Lord Jesus in honest prayer. Any subject is good to take with an honest heart accompanied with some thanksgiving.
Soooo patronizing.

Joseph has a far better grip on Christianity than you do.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 Jan 22
1 edit

@sonship said
@josephw

Well, sonship, if my questioning to, and objections of, what you are posting about in this public forum causes you consternation, to the effect that you feel the need to condescend to me and presume to instruct me about what to pray for, and presume to think your teachings are somehow more instructive than my pastor/teachers, which I have learned from for decades with instructions and exhortations on every conceivable theological and doctrinal topic discussed, debated and know to man, then by all means do what you have to do.

I just can't stand idly by and watch while the narrative of scripture is commingled with the contrivances of manmade words when the simple God inspired words like crucify and mortify say to me what God wants me to know and understand.

Sorry for dragging it through the mud.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Jan 22
1 edit

@josephw

Joseph, there is no consternation on my part.
I would change nothing of what I wrote here (except for typos).

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Jan 22
4 edits

There are those who vastly under estimate God's complete salvation.
The extent of His saving and the depths of His purpose, they under estimate.

Christ, though, ever lives to intercede for His people that they be saved to the uttermost.

"But He, because He abides forever, has His priesthood unalterable. Hence also He is able to save to the uttermost those who come forward to God through Him, since He lives always to intercede for the." (Heb. 7:24,25)

It is unfortunate that some here seeing saving "to the uttermost" not as
the power of God's grace but the presumption of man's overreach.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Jan 22

Our Old Man Has Been Crucified with Him a song on Rom. 6:6-7

https://soundcloud.com/jack-wilmore/our-old-man-has-been-crucified-rom-66-7

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Jan 22

I love the way the RcV brings out of the Greek that the Christian GROWS in the co-death and the co-resurrection of Christ.

"For if we have grown together with Him in the likeness of His death, indeed we will also be in the likeness of His resurrection." (Rom. 6:5)

Do not say "This sounds like The Terminator of Hollywood." It is the other way around. The fiction of Hollywood sounds like the reality of the economy of God. Reality is more fascinating than any fiction of man.

"Knowing this, that our old man has been crucifie with Him in order that the body of sin might be annulled, that we should no longer serve sin as slaves." (v.6)

Christ IS the real "Terminator" and "Resurrector" too.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Jan 22

Another song I wrote:
Reckon Yourselves to be Dead to Sin (BUt living to God) (Rom. 6:11-13)

https://soundcloud.com/jack-wilmore/reckon-yourselves-to-be-dead-to-sin-rom-611-13

Moves
12 Jan 22
1 edit

@sonship said
@josephw

Unbelievable patronising pridefulness by you.

Oh Josephw…if what I’m saying doesn’t resonate or you are too spiritually immature to comprehend the deep wonderment of my words, then you must ask Jesus to explain my words to you.

You seriously need to get over yourself you peacock.

Moves
12 Jan 22
1 edit

@sonship said
Another song I wrote:
Channeling Ernie Wise now.

Moves
12 Jan 22
1 edit

Sonship’s pride in full bloom.

Gosh I’ve had to read these posts three times just to see if I’d misunderstood.

[a page for the VAULT methinks]

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Jan 22

@josephw said
Well, sonship, if my questioning to, and objections of, what you are posting about in this public forum causes you consternation, to the effect that you feel the need to condescend to me and presume to instruct me about what to pray for, and presume to think your teachings are somehow more instructive than my pastor/teachers, which I have learned from for decades with instruc ...[text shortened]... ortify say to me what God wants me to know and understand.

Sorry for dragging it through the mud.
Just think. There is nothing new under the sun. This has been going on as long as there has been scripture. I can't be sure that it has remained inviolate. We're talking literally thousands of years, in combination with corrupt elders down thru the ages. Just how much scripture, the word of God, has survived totally intact?

Moves
12 Jan 22

@suzianne said
Just think. There is nothing new under the sun. This has been going on as long as there has been scripture. I can't be sure that it has remained inviolate. We're talking literally thousands of years, in combination with corrupt elders down thru the ages. Just how much scripture, the word of God, has survived totally intact?
Perhaps your “just think” instruction would be better offered to sonship?

Just thinking.