And the foolish say there is no God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the foolish say there is no God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
05 Oct 19
2 edits

Moves
05 Oct 19

@thinkofone said
First the trend is established:
You underhandedly edited out a portion of my post in an attempt to make it seem to say something it doesn't and in your mind I'm a "prick".
You are unable to understand what's easily discernible and and in your mind it's because my "grammar is so poor".
Then it moves on to vehement denial with a dollop of "playing the victim".
Classic continuation of what is now a well established trend.
Mr ThinkofOne, you’ve made a a claim which I think is a lie.

So who is it here who claims that the Moon landings were faked, yourself or did you have someone specific in mind?

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
05 Oct 19

@kellyjay said
You were offer evidence you ignored them.
You lie and you lie and you lie .

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Oct 19
1 edit

@caissad4 said
You lie and you lie and you lie .
Little children argue like this, from adults more is required. Produce one example where anything was said by me where I misrepresented the truth knowingly! You are making yet another claim, saying I have lied, you should at least back that up with something called proof, evidence, or some facts that show it occurred. You say many things are true or not, admittedly so far without evidence, which is strange considering that is what you are accusing others of doing, a bit hypocritical looking.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
05 Oct 19

@kellyjay said
Little children argue like this, from adults more is required. Produce one example where anything was said by me where I misrepresented the truth knowingly! You are making yet another claim, saying I have lied, you should at least back that up with something called proof, evidence, or some facts that show it occurred. You say many things are true or not, admittedly so far ...[text shortened]... ch is strange considering that is what you are accusing others of doing, a bit hypocritical looking.
Yes indeed , children argue like that .
But the fact remains that you lie and you lie and you lie .

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Oct 19

@caissad4 said
Yes indeed , children argue like that .
But the fact remains that you lie and you lie and you lie .
Show one.

T

Moves
05 Oct 19

@divegeester said
Mr ThinkofOne, you’ve made a a claim which I think is a lie.

So who is it here who claims that the Moon landings were faked, yourself or did you have someone specific in mind?
First the trend is established:
You underhandedly edited out a portion of my post in an attempt to make it seem to say something it doesn't and in your mind I'm a "prick".
You are unable to understand what's easily discernible and and in your mind it's because my "grammar is so poor".

Then it moves on to vehement denial with a dollop of "playing the victim".

And now topped off by doubling down with an accusation in Trump-like fashion.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Oct 19

@caissad4 said
And you , who has no proof , pontificates that it is YOUR god rather than any of the 3000 other gods who has done this .
How quaint .
😵 The look of godless men & women. Lost in space!

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
06 Oct 19

@kellyjay said
You think saying things are set up just right for life shows an argument from the perspective of God of the gaps? Actually, it is an argument from the standpoint of knowledge, not lack thereof. Humans who really have gaps are the ones that when someone is asked how did it all begin, offer nothing. If there can be nothing offered in justifying anything yet denouncing a first cause, that is a real gap, one without knowledge or justification.
Well, the fundamental purpose of my post was to try to find out what point @galveston75 was trying to make. In a possible world which is nomologically different from ours then life-as-we-know-it may not be possible, but it would be perfectly set up for life-as-we-do-not-know-it. The catch with your argument is that it relies on life-as-we-know-it being necessary somehow. That we exist does not entail that we necessarily exist, in other words that this is the only way the world could have turned out. Fine tuning arguments in physics are used when there is no better reason to choose between two theories, or as a way of arguing that there must be new physics beyond the Standard Model.

The Laws of Physics are a description of the behaviour of this Universe. If the universe did not exist then there is no reason to believe that they would apply. They consist of a collection of restrictions of what is possible. So without the universe anything can happen, there are no conservation laws to prevent anything from happening, consequently the Universe exists because there's no particular reason it shouldn't. Once the universe exists the laws of physics are in play and things can't just pop into existence within it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Oct 19

@deepthought said
Well, the fundamental purpose of my post was to try to find out what point @galveston75 was trying to make. In a possible world which is nomologically different from ours then life-as-we-know-it may not be possible, but it would be perfectly set up for life-as-we-do-not-know-it. The catch with your argument is that it relies on life-as-we-know-it being necessary somehow ...[text shortened]... universe exists the laws of physics are in play and things can't just pop into existence within it.
One of the things I have read some scientists marvel over was that the universe makes sense to us. We could look at it and figure things out, making science possible.

The point that even though life as we know it is set up here with high precision forces in both micro and macro parts of the universe are here; nonetheless, it could be, "...perfectly set up for life-as-we-do-not-know-it." elsewhere. That is a possibility of the gaps, would it not? We can discuss those types of theories, but we really do not know if that is possible or not, but maybe, just maybe it could be?

Looking at the universe as is, is the only reality we have! All the maybe elsewhere are just imaginary, out of our reach, if even true. Allowing those types of things to deny what is in front of us is a little wishful thinking if what is in front of us is starting to look like something we do not want to see. It is difficult to argue with someone who says we do not know, for example, where all the information in life came from, but it did not come from design. Even now, it seems the more we learn the bar for a blind, random cause gets further out of reach, not more explainable.

We see that the odds are stacked against life being anywhere else in the universe. Everywhere but here, where something unique is going on. With the precision in life's makeup, the accuracy in the forces that put together the macro cosmos, the forces that regulate the microscopic world it is all set up for life that speaks volumes.

D

Moves
06 Oct 19

Moves
06 Oct 19

The post that was quoted here has been removed
😆

Moves
06 Oct 19

Duchess64’s abysmal reading comprehension is causing her to write irrelevancies. Despite the “this may have been posted in debates” caveat, it is quite clear that ToO is either talking about himself or the regular posters in THIS forum. Do try to follow the thread darling.

D

Moves
06 Oct 19
1 edit

Moves
06 Oct 19

Oh do give it a rest you boring dried-up old troll.