1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Jun '20 11:30
    @divegeester said
    In a Venn diagram I think there are Christians who make assertions about god and there people who assertions about themselves and I think there are people who lack self awareness.
    You sit right in the middle.
    Then, I think, there are those that make assertions that are merely their opinions.

Self awareness is overrated. One is better off being aware of Christ.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jun '20 12:36
    @secondson said
    Then, I think, there are those that make assertions that are merely their opinions.

Your assertions about supernatural beings are all subjective speculations and opinions.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '20 19:23
    @secondson said
    It a pity that whatever (and it’s hard to perceive) awareness of Christ which you may have, does not sufficiently compensate for the self awareness you clearly lack. Otherwise you would see that you are just another religious mouthpiece blurting your assertions which are merely your opinions.
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    14 Jun '20 00:21
    @fmf said
    Your assertions about supernatural beings are all subjective speculations and opinions.
    Unless, of course, you're wrong, and my assertions are based in truth.
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    14 Jun '20 00:26
    @divegeester said
    It a pity that whatever (and it’s hard to perceive) awareness of Christ which you may have, does not sufficiently compensate for the self awareness you clearly lack. Otherwise you would see that you are just another religious mouthpiece blurting your assertions which are merely your opinions.
    What is a pity is your pathetic attempt to justify your personal opinions about my "self awareness" while detracting away from the truth of God's Word relative to the topic of the discussion, which is what God has said about Himself.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '20 01:39
    @secondson said
    Unless, of course, you're wrong, and my assertions are based in truth.
    You are perfectly entitled to believe that your speculations about supernatural matters are truths. But as long as you are making assertions about things or beings you simply have faith in ~ assertions that are immune to empirical scrutiny ~ then you are in the realm of subjectivity.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '20 05:49
    @secondson said
    What is a pity is your pathetic attempt to justify your personal opinions about my "self awareness" while detracting away from the truth of God's Word relative to the topic of the discussion, which is what God has said about Himself.
    The topic of discussion is actually “the typical RHP whiner”.

Which you are indemnifying perfectly, thank you.
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    14 Jun '20 11:51
    @divegeester said
    The topic of discussion is actually “the typical RHP whiner”.

Which you are indemnifying perfectly, thank you.
    Odd that you can't see how it is you that is whining.

The OP is a whine. You typify a complaining whiner probably because you feel helpless to control and reconcile the opinions and beliefs of others that disagree with your sanctimonious opinions, ergo the launching of your typical lambasting diatribes as exemplified by your OP and the majority of the content of all your posts.
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    14 Jun '20 12:06
    @fmf said
    You are perfectly entitled to believe that your speculations about supernatural matters are truths. But as long as you are making assertions about things or beings you simply have faith in ~ assertions that are immune to empirical scrutiny ~ then you are in the realm of subjectivity.
    And you are entitled to your own distorted opinions.

That you deny God's revelation of Himself to mankind, and assume, without empirical evidence to the contrary, that an assertion made by God Himself about Himself has no validity, based on your limited knowledge and experience, then you are in the realm of the subjective and fail to recognize objective truth.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '20 15:56
    @secondson said
    My opinions ~ as are yours on these supernatural/ spiritual matters ~ are subjective. Perhaps that's what you mean by the word "distorted". It's not a word I have ever used to describe your faith, beliefs, opinions. "Subjective" is sufficient.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '20 16:06
    @secondson said
    That you deny God's revelation of Himself to mankind, and assume, without empirical evidence to the contrary, that an assertion made by God Himself about Himself has no validity, based on your limited knowledge and experience, then you are in the realm of the subjective and fail to recognize objective truth.
    There is no onus on me to provide empirical evidence to somehow prove that anyone's God figure does not exist. Nor do I need to.

I have no credible reason to believe you have any factual information about any possible God or possible creator being that may or may not exist.

So your claims about what such a being has supposedly "asserted" to human beings cannot be described as objective facts or truths. If they were, I would believe them for the same reason you do.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '20 16:082 edits
    @SecondSon

you are in the realm of the subjective

Yes I am. You are right. And I have never claimed otherwise.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '20 20:02
    @secondson said
    Odd that you can't see how it is you that is whining.

The OP is a whine. You typify a complaining whiner probably because you feel helpless to control and reconcile the opinions and beliefs of others that disagree with your sanctimonious opinions, ergo the launching of your typical lambasting diatribes as exemplified by your OP and the majority of the content of all your posts.
    Of course I can see what the topic is, it’s my thread you idiot.

I was calling you out for blurting on about the topic being god’s word and your opinion of it. Do you even read the posts you are replying to?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '20 20:03
    @secondson said
    Why have you got a picture of a young boy as your avatar?
  15. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    15 Jun '20 07:33
    @divegeester said
    Why have you got a picture of a young boy as your avatar?
    The picture is of one of my granddaughters.

The insinuation clearly says something about you. You have no idea how transparent you really are.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree