1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 May '20 07:241 edit
    Person A
    Posts assertions about their personal god, claims of how they’re interpretation of their personal god is the best and most accurate, infers or even outright states that their detractors would be better off in life or improved morally by adopting their views about their personal god.

Person B
    Challenges everything Person A asserts and perhaps focuses on one Intellectual, moral or spiritual pressure point in order to deconstruct Person A’s platform.

Person A
    Whines about conflict and launches a barrage of scriptural based insults at Person B thereby losing the higher intellectual argument, the moral high ground and their credibility.

Person C (forum ally of Person A)
    Joins in the whining grabbing the metaphorical dog by it’s metaphorical ears.

Persons D, E and F
    Join the fray pointing out the partisan nature of those who toeing the party-buddy-line rather than debating the claims and assertions of Person A

Person A
    Leaves the forum in a hissy fit

Person G
    “Player 3 has entered the game”
    Obviously a returning user who is embarrassed about their intellectual profile and forum credibility and has decided sneak back in to the forum to have a pop at Persons B, D, E and possible even F.

Person H
    Sells popcorn

The whine goes on...
  2. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    24 May '20 07:30
    @divegeester said
    Person A
    Posts assertions about their personal god, claims of how they’re interpretation of their personal god is the best and most accurate, infers or even outright states that their detractors would be better off in life or improved morally by adopting their views about their personal god.

Person B
    Challenges everything Person A asserts and perhaps focuses on on ...[text shortened]... ve a pop at Persons B, D, E and possible even F.

Person H
    Sells popcorn

The whine goes on...
    Good stuff! It's entertaining, yes?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 May '20 09:15
    @tom-wolsey said
    Good stuff! It's entertaining, yes?
    It’s why we are all here of course, but I know which “person” I am and it has nothing to do with popularity. If I wanted to be popular I would retire “divegeester” and return as lame nice-to-all who enjoys word games and chit-chatty musings.
  4. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    24 May '20 11:47
    @divegeester said
    It’s why we are all here of course, but I know which “person” I am and it has nothing to do with popularity.
    Definitely nothing to do with popularity. Agreed.

So you know which person you are. Well, I guess I should say I'm impressed that you can keep up with which person you are. And you've kept it up for 12 long years! Oh, I remember some rumblings a while back... what was it. You posted something and it was clearly some other personality, then you claimed your wife or whatever was taking over your account. Anyway. Seriously. I get it. Even the best slip up now and then.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 May '20 12:081 edit
    @tom-wolsey said
    Oh, I remember some rumblings a while back... what was it. You posted something and it was clearly some other personality, then you claimed your wife or whatever was taking over your account. Anyway. Seriously. I get it.
    Er... I am not sure you do. It was, of course, satirical - unmistakably so. So I don't think you did get it.

dj2becker is another rather lumpen poster who still says he thought it was real even a couple of years after having the satirical nature of the episode explained to him. He brought it up - again - a couple of months ago.

No, you seem to think something else was happening on that occasion, which - I suppose - makes you the butt of a practical joke that almost every other poster cottoned onto immediately on the reading the very first satirical post by "someone" who was so obviously divegeester.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 May '20 19:02
    @tom-wolsey said
    Oh, I remember some rumblings a while back... what was it. You posted something and it was clearly some other personality, then you claimed your wife or whatever was taking over your account. Anyway. Seriously. I get it. Even the best slip up now and then.
    No, you as Tom Wolsey were not around when I changed my profile of this account as a joke. You were not here.

Oh dear.
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    24 May '20 19:05
    @divegeester said
    Person A

Person B
    Challenges everything Person A asserts and perhaps focuses on on ...[text shortened]... ve a pop at Persons B, D, E and possible even F.

Person H
    Sells popcorn

The whine goes on...
    I do appreciate how much you inspire each other.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 May '20 19:20
    @caesar-salad said
    I do appreciate how much you inspire each other.
    Well that’s great Caesar Salad, really positive from you. How do you feel about posting something on topic in one of the active spirituality threads?
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    24 May '20 19:25
    @divegeester said
    Well that’s great Caesar Salad, really positive from you. How do you feel about posting something on topic in one of the active spirituality threads?
    Perhaps because the most active spirituality has nothing to show for itself?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 May '20 19:291 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 May '20 19:30
    @caesar-salad said
    Perhaps because the most active spirituality has nothing to show for itself?
    I see you are a taker, rather than a giver.

Makes sense, and in more ways than one...
  12. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    24 May '20 19:43
    @divegeester said
    I see you are a taker, rather than a giver.

Makes sense, and in more ways than one...
    What would you say is your best contribution to society or the world?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 May '20 19:47
    @caesar-salad said
    What would you say is your best contribution to society or the world?
    Oh goody, a personality quiz!
  14. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    24 May '20 19:48
    @divegeester said
    Oh goody, a personality quiz!
    Dodger.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 May '20 19:55
    @caesar-salad said
    Dodger.
    Damn! You’ve got me again. You are so sharp these days.

Ok, I’m going to go with resurrecting dead people.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree