1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '20 18:54
    @secondson said
    Someday, hopefully, you'll come to realize that without the use of name calling, labeling and character assassinating you have had nothing of substance to contribute to a civilized discussion of the topics of the SF. Especially with regards to Christian exhortation.
    You are an old man who has a photo of a young girl as his avatar and without her permission. Do you realise how odd this is?
  2. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    16 Jun '20 19:11
    @divegeester said
    You are an old man who has a photo of a young girl as his avatar and without her permission. Do you realise how odd this is?
    Perhaps if you ever had a daughter or a grand-daughter, you might understand. But I doubt it.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '20 19:15
    @caesar-salad said
    Perhaps if you ever had a daughter or a grand-daughter, you might understand. But I doubt it.
    I enjoy being underestimated by the likes of you, oh returning user. Have you got a daughter or granddaughter?

I get the grandparent thing, I just don’t get the avatar thing...
  4. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    16 Jun '20 19:18
    @divegeester said
    I enjoy being underestimated by the likes of you, oh returning user. Have you got a daughter or granddaughter?

I get the grandparent thing, I just don’t get the avatar thing...
    I don't have any kids or grandkids. I am also not a returning user, although I am starting to become accustomed to your paranoia around that issue. Maybe my way of writing reminds you of someone else's way of writing? On my side, I have also been known to connect the dots wrong sometimes.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '20 20:22
    @caesar-salad said
    I don't have any kids or grandkids. I am also not a returning user, although I am starting to become accustomed to your paranoia around that issue. Maybe my way of writing reminds you of someone else's way of writing? On my side, I have also been known to connect the dots wrong sometimes.
    Why does my insight and tickling into your posting style have to be “paranoia”? It’s as though you think I’m scared of you being a returning user, rather than me just jamming my fingers into your ribs.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 Jun '20 12:15
    @divegeester said
    Do you have the person’s permission for the photo you are using as your avatar? I assume it’s not a selfie.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jun '20 19:35
    @dj2becker said
    Do you have the person’s permission for the photo you are using as your avatar? I assume it’s not a selfie.
    It is a photo of a movie character and it is already in the public domain and had been for years and years, so I don’t need permission.

Try reading up on GDPR before yourself further.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jun '20 18:05
    @divegeester said
    It is a photo of a movie character and it is already in the public domain and had been for years and years, so I don’t need permission.

Try reading up on GDPR before yourself further.
    Isn't it a bit hypocritical to be a rather strong advocate of Brexit and then cite a regulation in EU law?

Just asking.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '20 22:14
    @suzianne said
    Isn't it a bit hypocritical to be a rather strong advocate of Brexit and then cite a regulation in EU law?

Just asking.
    Not at all; many EU laws are useful.

Just replying.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Jun '20 14:16
    @divegeester said
    Not at all; many EU laws are useful.

Just replying.
    But I imagine that you are aware that removal of your country from the EU effectively shields your country from these laws, yes?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '20 14:25
    @suzianne said
    But I imagine that you are aware that removal of your country from the EU effectively shields your country from these laws, yes?
    As I would imagine you are familiar with the terms, “negotiation” and “political self-determinism”?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree