a reprobate mind

a reprobate mind

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
The [b]merits of people's attempts to live their lives in accordance with Jesus' commandments are presumably what "judgement" is about.[/b]
James 2:10 Whoever keeps the whole Law but stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Everyone stumbles at least once, so more than works in needed to save us.

F

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
James 2:10 Whoever keeps the whole Law but stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Everyone stumbles at least once, so more than works in needed to save us.
What do you believe "judgement" is about then?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
I could imagine people like yourself and Ghost, waltzing into the Kingdom of God and Christians on the sidelines protesting to Christ ... 😀
I would moonwalk through the Pearly Gates.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
I would moonwalk through the Pearly Gates.
😀

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
I could imagine people like yourself and Ghost, waltzing into the Kingdom of God and Christians on the sidelines protesting to Christ ... 😀
And I tell you, everyone who acknowledges Me before others, the Son of Man also will acknowledge before the angels of God; but whoever denies Me before others will be denied before the angels of God (Luke 12:8,9).

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jun 17

And I tell you, everyone who acknowledges Me before others, the Son of Man also will acknowledge before the angels of God; but whoever denies Me before others will be denied before the angels of God (Luke 12:8,9).
We are saved by God's grace through faith, having said that, it's wrong to assume no works will be done because of that, just as it is foolish to assume someone with works also has faith!

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
We are saved by God's grace through faith, having said that, it's wrong to assume no works will be done because of that, just as it is foolish to assume someone with works also has faith!
Spot on.

T

Moves
21 Jun 17

The word translated as "acknowledge" here doesn't mean what you seem to think it means.

NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin
from homologos (of one mind)
Definition
to speak the same, to agree

http://biblehub.com/greek/3670.htm

So it is about "agreeing" with the words of Jesus - not about claiming to have "faith".

Similarly the word translated as "denies" is about "contradicting" the words of Jesus.

HELPS Word-studies

720 arnéomai – properly, deny (refuse); hence, contradict, refuse to affirm or to confess (identify with); disown (repudiate). See also 4716 /staurós ("cross" )

http://biblehub.com/greek/720.htm.

Moves
21 Jun 17
2 edits

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
The word translated as "acknowledge" here doesn't mean what you seem to think it means.

NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin
from homologos (of one mind)
Definition
[b]to speak the same, to agree

http://biblehub.com/greek/3670.htm

So it is about "agreeing" with the words of Jesus - not about claiming to have "faith".
...[text shortened]... (repudiate). See also 4716 /staurós ("cross" )

http://biblehub.com/greek/720.htm.
[/quote][/b]
So how exactly do you propose someone 'acknowledge' or 'agree' with Jesus without placing their faith in Him?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 Jun 17

So how exactly do you propose someone 'acknowledge' or 'agree' with Jesus without placing their faith in Him?
As an atheist, I have no faith in Jesus but agree with the things he said and the principals he stood for. I find his sermons and parables quite beautiful.

Why is that hard to understand?

Moves
21 Jun 17
2 edits

As an atheist, I have no faith in Jesus but agree with the things he said and the principals he stood for. I find his sermons and parables quite beautiful.

Why is that hard to understand?
Do you agree with this?

John 11:26
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me will live, even though he dies.

John 7:38
To the one who believes in Me, it is just as the Scripture has said: ‘Streams of living water’” will flow from within him.

John 5:37-40

And the Father who sent Me has Himself testified about Me. You have never heard His voice nor seen His form, nor does His word abide in you, because you do not believe the One He sent. You pore over the Scriptures because you presume that by them you possess eternal life. These are the very words that testify about Me, You pore over the Scriptures because you presume that by them you possess eternal life. These are the very words that testify about Me, yet you refuse to come to Me to have life.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 Jun 17

Do you agree with this?

John 11:26
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me will live, even though he dies.

John 7:38
To the one who believes in Me, it is just as the Scripture has said: ‘Streams of living water’” will flow from within him.
Take a little longer to consider my reply.

T

Moves
21 Jun 17

It's about agreeing with the concepts put forth in the teachings of Jesus - not about proclaiming "faith" in Him.

Moves
21 Jun 17

Take a little longer to consider my reply.
So you only agree with the things he said that you like but not everything is that correct?

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
It's about agreeing with the concepts put forth in the teachings of Jesus - not about proclaiming "faith" in Him.
Of course it is not about only proclaiming faith but actually having faith and believing in Him and not in our own goodness. Jesus himself said we should believe in Him, do you agree with this or not?