a reprobate mind

a reprobate mind

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
I am simply happy that I have had the chance to present and explain my views.

By contrast, you do [b]not
seem happy unless you are declaring over and over and over again that you reckon you 'won' the discussion when we had it before ~ something I don't do.

In fact, all that happened is we disagreed before. While you want to go through it all again, I accept that we disagree and feel no need to present my views all over again.[/b]
Either you can decide what is credible or you can't. There is no need to agree to disagree because the answer is quite obvious. Maybe you just don't want to admit what the answer is and that's fine with me.

F

Moves
21 Jun 17

FMF: Would you prefer that they just remained atheists, rather than come to Jesus via a different brand of Christian ideology than yours?

Originally posted by dj2becker
I don't see someone putting their hope in their own goodness as being equivalent to putting their hope in Jesus. Those two things are polar opposites.
So, would you prefer that they just remained atheists?

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
Don't you welcome the fact that - as a result of hearing Rajk999's analysis - they accept the notion that it is possible for them be "saved" by Jesus?
As I said before, I don't see putting your faith in yourself as being equivalent to being 'saved by Jesus'.

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
So, would you prefer that they just remained atheists?
No I would prefer they heard the truth.

F

Moves
21 Jun 17

Either you can decide what is credible or you can't. There is no need to agree to disagree because the answer is quite obvious. Maybe you just don't want to admit what the answer is and that's fine with me.
Like I said, you do not seem content unless you are declaring over and over and over again - here, now, months later - that you 'won' the previous discussion and that I must "admit" something to you and to everybody. We have agreed to disagree, surely?

Moves
21 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Like I said, you do [b]not seem content unless you are declaring over and over and over again - here, now, months later - that you 'won' the previous discussion and that I must "admit" something to you and to everybody. We have agreed to disagree, surely?[/b]
Why should I agree that you cannot decide what is credible and what isn't when it is obvious that you can?

F

Moves
21 Jun 17

FMF: So, would you prefer that they just remained atheists?

No I would prefer they heard the truth.
This is a dodge. Either you would prefer they remained atheists or you welcome that they become non-atheists who have some belief in "salvation" and in "Jesus".

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
This is a dodge. Either you would prefer they remained atheists or you welcome that they become non-atheists who have some belief in "salvation" and in "Jesus".
False dichotomy. There are other options, i.e that they heard the truth.

F

Moves
21 Jun 17

FMF: We have agreed to disagree, surely?

Why should I agree that you cannot decide what is credible and what isn't when it is obvious that you can?
The question is: Do you agree to disagree? I do. I have no qualms about doing so.

I am not asking you to agree with my stance on belief in supernatural things.

F

Moves
21 Jun 17

False dichotomy. There are other options, i.e that they heard the truth.
I don't think it is a false dichotomy.

Try it like this:

Regardless of your own preferred specific ideology regarding Jesus, would you prefer they remained atheists or you welcome that they become non-atheists who have some belief in "salvation" and in "Jesus" even if it is not the same as yours?

Moves
21 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
The question is: Do you agree to disagree? I do. I have no qualms about doing so.

I am not asking you to agree with my stance on belief in supernatural things.
Ok if you can tell me who decides what is credible to you and what isn't credible to you (other than you) I guess we could agree to disagree. 🙄

F

Moves
21 Jun 17

As I said before, I don't see putting your faith in yourself as being equivalent to being 'saved by Jesus'.
I am not asking you about the nitty gritty tenets of your own faith. I am asking if you welcome them accepting the notion that it is possible to be "saved" and that if they were to be "saved" it would be by Jesus?

F

Moves
21 Jun 17

Ok if you can tell me who decides what is credible to you and what isn't credible to you (other than you) I guess we could agree to disagree. 🙄
Like I said, I refer you to the previous lengthy discussions we had about this. I'm not interested in wading through it all again.

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
I don't think it is a false dichotomy.

Try it like this:

Regardless of your own preferred specific ideology regarding Jesus, would you prefer they remained atheists or you welcome that they become non-atheists who have some belief in "salvation" and in "Jesus" even if it is not the same as yours?
So you want me to answer the question while pretending that I had different beliefs to what I have?🙄

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
Like I said, I refer you to the previous lengthy discussions we had about this. I'm not interested in wading through it all again.
Well the fact that you won't admit that you are wrong is quite obvious, so be it.