@Divegeester

@Divegeester

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
06 Feb 17

Originally posted by josephw
So for you it's about "mankind" vs. Christians. Interesting.
He clearly considers the small minority who believe the christian Jesus story to be a subset of mankind generally, and not a separate set.

Moves
06 Feb 17

Originally posted by Pudgenik
had to re-read that. Yes, is my answer
Okay, let's consider that. You say Jesus knew 'you' as an individual would come into existence?

Now, the odds of you having been born as an individual have be calculated as approximately 1 in 400,000,000,000 (taking into account all your ancestors who would have needed to reproduce at precisely the right moment for you to exist as you are today). We must also of course take into account that within this 1 in 400,000,000,000 probability all the human components have a God given free will and could have chosen to reproduce or read a good book instead. (Perhaps have a game of monopoly).

Where in this random series of freewill probabilities is Jesus knowing you Pudgenik would come into existence?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Feb 17

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
I personally find the teachings of Jesus to be generally pretty laudable, but I certainly don't believe he was any kind of lord. Do you see how this means that your belief that "Jesus Christ is Lord" is not universally true?
I personally find the teachings of Jesus to be generally pretty laudable, but I certainly don't believe he was any kind of lord. Do you see how this means that your belief that "Jesus Christ is Lord" is not universally true?

I can see that timing wise millions have yet to see that Jesus Christ is Lord.
We are trying to bring them up to speed.

Moves
06 Feb 17

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
Would you care to quote the exact text where I claimed my beliefs are universally true? I have only brought up the concept of universal truth when someone claimed that two contradictory beliefs are true. In other words if I believe that Christianity is true I can't also believe that all other religions are true because they make contradictory claims.
YOU said you made assumptions that some of your beliefs were universal truths. These are YOUR claims fetchmyjunk.

Moves
06 Feb 17

Originally posted by sonship
Divegeester, since this thread has your name I have a question for you.

First a little backround. Now you really seem not to want to explain how the Father and the Son are the Divine [b]"We"
in John 14. And you don't seem to want to explain the plural pronoun "Us" in John 17.

Have you considered also that Jesus strongly indi ...[text shortened]... that the Father and the Son are "one" and the Father and the Son are also "two" ?[/b]
Start another thread sonship and stop hijackijg this one.
Thanks.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Feb 17

Originally posted by divegeester
Start another thread sonship and stop hijackijg this one.
Thanks.
Like I'm going to get a good answer from you on another thread.
I doubt it just a little bit.

Moves
06 Feb 17

Originally posted by sonship
Like I'm going to get a good answer from you on another thread.
I doubt it just a little bit.
Well I'm not going to get into a convoluted discussion with you here. You know my views and if you are still unclear as to why I believe what I believe, despite me laying it out to you in baby-speak several times, then I suggest you start another thread and make and interesting case as to why I should waste several minutes of my life going over it with you, yet again.
🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Feb 17

Originally posted by divegeester
Well I'm not going to get into a convoluted discussion with you here. You know my views and if you are still unclear as to why I believe what I believe, despite me laying it out to you in baby-speak several times, then I suggest you start another thread and make and interesting case as to why I should waste several minutes of my life going over it with you, yet again.
🙂
You have your other thread.
Come over and explain why Jesus used "the testimony of two men" as an explanation of Him and His Father.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Feb 17

Originally posted by FMF
The claims that Christians make about Jesus were, in absolutely every case, without exception, written by Christians in the decades and centuries after Jesus died. That's all we have to go on with regard to what Jesus supposedly claimed about himself.
"The claims that Christians make about Jesus were, in absolutely every case, without exception, written by Christians in the decades and centuries after Jesus died. That's all we have to go on with regard to what Jesus supposedly claimed about himself."

That's not a valid point. You cannot claim that the veracity of the biblical record is false merely because of the lack of secular historical evidence, which by the way goes a long way in proving that the Biblical historical account is accurate and true. Anyone with even a modicum of intellectual integrity knows the Bible has been proven to be true in all its content by virtually every discipline. Yet still there are those such as yourself who will ignore the facts and embrace a fiction such as the one you employ, i.e. that the secular historical record doesn't support the veracity of the Bible.

"Primary source material would certainly help with validating Christian claims, yes, from the historical point of view."

That statement is misleading in that it assumes God's Word requires validation by a man made source. The Word of God is its own "primary source".

Logically, considering the nature of what's being discussed, one would have to be an idiot to think there would be a secular historical record valid enough to support the concept of a resurrected man, and besides, who would believe it?

No. No such evidence is required. All the evidence needed for faith is contained in God's Word. God's Word trumps all other sources and can be trusted to be 100% accurate. Jesus died, was buried and rose from the dead just as the gospel record states. No "primary source" material needed to prove it one way or the other.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Feb 17

He clearly considers the small minority who believe the christian Jesus story to be a subset of mankind generally, and not a separate set.
What FMF "considers" is of little or no consequence.

If the Biblical record is true, then no matter how small a number Christians may be or how marginalized we are made to be, Christians are on the right path. If, as the Bible states, eternal life is a gift of God's grace through faith in Jesus Christ, His atoning death on the cross and subsequent resurrection, it matters not how few we are.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Feb 17

Since you are claiming that this is a universal truth, then clearly how you define that term is germane.

I disagree with your definition, and therefore I agree, this discussion can have no benefit for either of us.
"Since you are claiming that this is a universal truth,.."

You appear to be confusing me with God. That Jesus Christ is Lord isn't my claim. It's God's claim.

With that in mind perhaps we can have a real discussion. Let's be clear about who's authority it is that's making the claim first, then we can move on to a more substantive discussion.

Of course, if you are absolutely certain that the God of the Bible doesn't exist, then why trouble yourself having a discussion with someone who is obviously delusional? 😕

Moves
06 Feb 17
1 edit

[b]"Since you are claiming that this is a universal truth,.."

You appear to be confusing me with God. That Jesus Christ is Lord isn't my claim. It's God's claim.

With that in mind perhaps we can have a real discussion. Let's be clear about who's authority it is that's making the claim first, then we can move on to a more substantive discussi ...[text shortened]... xist, then why trouble yourself having a discussion with someone who is obviously delusional? 😕[/b]

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Feb 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

F

Moves
07 Feb 17

So for you it's about "mankind" vs. Christians. Interesting.
If you can't even understand a simple turn of phrase like the one I used and try to twist it instead, what is the worth of anything you say as you testify on a serious subject like this?

F

Moves
07 Feb 17

Anyone with even a modicum of intellectual integrity knows the Bible has been proven to be true in all its content by virtually every discipline.
The content about the supposed divinity of Jesus and the supernatural aspects of the purported meaning of his life and death "has been proven to be true in all its content by virtually every discipline"? You are mistaken. It's a pity for you that you have chosen to play the "intellectual honesty" card while making such a specious claim.