@Divegeester

@Divegeester

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
05 Feb 17

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
Dive is challenging my assumption that Christianity is universally true, which must mean he doesn't believe it is.

Don't be absurd, believing in universal truth doesn't mean you belong to a cult. "I am sitting at my computer right now and typing this message" is a universal truth. Believing it doesn't mean I belong to a cult.
No I'm not. You haven't explained what "universally true" means in terms of Christianity.

F

Moves
05 Feb 17

Ah so you think the reason why I don't agree with you on everything is because I was psychologically abused.
I have disagreed - sometimes strenuously so ~ with more people on these forums than the number of days you have been a member of RHP and it's done me (or them) no harm whatsoever. Don't overestimate the traction or import of your own antics. I am asking not about you disagreeing with me but about your obvious interpersonal and intellectual problems which are evident here in the way you conduct yourself. At a moment of weakness - or perhaps high emotion - you once seemed to cite the cult thing as the reason/excuse for your behaviour. Is it not the excuse you are currently inclined to use?

Moves
05 Feb 17

Ah so you think the reason why I don't agree with you on everything is because I was psychologically abused. The fact that you can't seem to stand it when someone challenges your beliefs is actually quite fascinating.
Nobody knows what you believe, except that believe your belief is to be "universally true" and everyone who disagrees with you is therefore by definition "universally wrong". Your a shallow cultist troll. And by the way, an asshat of the highest order. 🙂

F

Moves
05 Feb 17
1 edit

The fact that you can't seem to stand it when someone challenges your beliefs is actually quite fascinating.
Give me an example of me supposedly not being able "to stand it" when I encounter posters whose beliefs are different from mine. It sounds like a peculiarly naive thing for you to toss out there when you are among adults and you're trying to be snippy. I "can't seem to stand it when someone challenges [my] beliefs"? Which posts of mine do you have in mind?

F

Moves
05 Feb 17

Ah so you think the reason why I don't agree with you on everything is because I was psychologically abused.
The reason you don't agree with me is because we have markedly different beliefs.

That aside, would you describe yourself as "psychologically abused" by the cult you said you finally managed to "escape" from, but only after (allegedly) 24 years?

P

Moves
05 Feb 17

When Jesus died on the cross, did he only do it for you or for everyone?
For me individually, and for everyone - individually.

God's love is an individual act, to each of us.

Moves
05 Feb 17

Originally posted by Pudgenik
For me individually, and for everyone - individually.

God's love is an individual act, to each of us.
Did Jesus know you, as an individual, would come into existence?

P

Moves
05 Feb 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
you lost me with your question

Moves
05 Feb 17

you lost me with your question
I think your post may have lost everyone with its univeral "individual" bland unequivocal niceness.

P

Moves
05 Feb 17

Originally posted by divegeester
I think your post may have lost everyone with its univeral "individual" bland unequivocal niceness.
don't feel bad, sometimes i have thoughts in my head that seem so clear at the moment. Then later i can't figure out what i was getting at.

P

Moves
05 Feb 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
had to re-read that. Yes, is my answer

P

Moves
05 Feb 17
1 edit

When Jesus died on the cross, did he only do it for you or for everyone?
Jesus says in the scripture, "Love God with your whole heart, love God with your whole soul, love God with your whole mind and with all your strength." I think it also is in reverse, that God loves each of us with His whole being.

This is what i was thinking about with the individual love of Jesus on the cross. He died for each of us, individually.

Moves
05 Feb 17
1 edit

don't feel bad, sometimes i have thoughts in my head that seem so clear at the moment.
Then later i can't figure out what i was getting at.
I've noticed that about your thoughts also.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
06 Feb 17

Because unlike you I find it universally unacceptable to murder children.

Carry on.
So does that include God?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
06 Feb 17

Because I'm a Christian.
Why aren't you in cult anymore? You presumable though your cult was "universally true" at some point.
So you are a Christian because you are a Christian not because you believe Christianity is true?