@Divegeester

@Divegeester

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
08 Feb 17

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
And I believe this is yet another dodge to a question you either cannot or will not answer.
This dreary repetition of one of your stock remarks doesn't really work AFTER you have delivered BOTH of your trolling punchlines. You should be letting the dust settle on your two moments of triumph, 😕

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
08 Feb 17

Originally posted by josephw
No answer is as good as a wrong answer.
It really isn't.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
08 Feb 17

But how can you know that it is grounded in falsehood, when you yourself have no truth of your own?
Yeah, let's go over this again. 🙄

My truth is my truth. I don't believe in absolutes. Your own truth claims are assumptions. (As you have admitted).

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
08 Feb 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Yeah, let's go over this again. 🙄

My truth is my truth. I don't believe in absolutes. Your own truth claims are assumptions. (As you have admitted).
My truth is my truth.

Circular reasoning is ok for you but not for me? Is that one of your truths?

I don't believe in absolutes.

Just because you don't want to or do you have a reason for this belief?

Your own truth claims are assumptions. (As you have admitted).

And you know that God doesn't exist? This is not an assumption that you make?

F

Moves
08 Feb 17

"My truth is my truth" is not 'circular logic. He's saying you believe something and he believes something and that the two of you do not agree about what 'the truth' is. 'Circular logic' is something else altogether. You should look it up.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
08 Feb 17

[b]My truth is my truth.

I don't believe in absolutes. [/b[

Just because you don't want to or do you have a reason for this belief?

[b]Your own truth claims are assumptions. (As you have admitted).

And you know that God doesn't exist? This is not an assumption that you make?[/b]
My truth is open to modification. Your truth is the one rooted in a dusty old book. (Despite your claim that your beliefs are only assumptions).

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
08 Feb 17

Originally posted by FMF
"My truth is my truth" is not 'circular logic. He's saying you believe something and he believes something and that the two of you do not agree about what 'the truth' is. 'Circular logic' is something else altogether. You should look it up.
He is claiming that his beliefs are true for himself because he believes them. That is as circular as you can get.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
08 Feb 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
My truth is open to modification. Your truth is the one rooted in a dusty old book. (Despite your claim that your beliefs are only assumptions).
If what you believed today changes tomorrow it means what you believed today was false, not true.

F

Moves
08 Feb 17
1 edit

He is claiming that his beliefs are true for himself because he believes them. That is as circular as you can get.
You are mistaken or perhaps feigning it. He is obviously saying what he believes to be true is different from what you believe to be true. That's what "My truth is my truth" means. It is not 'circular logic.You should look it up.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
08 Feb 17

Originally posted by FMF
You are mistaken or perhaps feigning it. He is obviously saying what he believes to be true is different from what you believe to be true. That's what "My truth is my truth" means. It is not 'circular logic.You should look it up.
If his beliefs are not true because he believes them to be true, what other reason has he given to know they are true?
Also, maybe he can speak for himself.

F

Moves
08 Feb 17

Also, maybe he can speak for himself.
If this is one of your mottos, why do you copy paste other people's writing from blogs and web sites so often when asked things?

F

Moves
08 Feb 17

If his beliefs are not true because he believes them to be true, what other reason has he given to know they are true?
He has told you what he believes and it is different from what you believe. That is what "My truth is my truth" means. The meaning of 'circular logic' is something you should go look up.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
08 Feb 17

Originally posted by FMF
If this is one of your mottos, why do you copy paste other people's writing from blogs and web sites so often when asked things?
I can understand why you don't want me to quote a Bible scholar when asked a question about the Bible.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
08 Feb 17

Originally posted by FMF
He has told you what he believes and it is different from what you believe. That is what "My truth is my truth" means. The meaning of 'circular logic' is something you should go look up.
'My truth is my truth' is about as meaningless as saying my name is my name. Duh.

F

Moves
08 Feb 17

I can understand why you don't want me to quote a Bible scholar when asked a question about the Bible.
It's not that I don't want you to, as such. It's just that it's unimpressive and rather odd too. You ignore people studiously, reveal nothing about yourself for pages and pages (just repeating yourself over and over and over again), and then suddenly, your contribution culminates every now and then in a sometimes lengthy copy paste of words that you didn't write.