21st century and people still duped by bible?

21st century and people still duped by bible?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Germany

Moves
21 Dec 15

Originally posted by Captain Strange
An explosion does not cause objects to rotate around each other.
The Big Bang is not "an explosion."

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Dec 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
That question was for the indubitable captain, not you.

He seems to think if masses are evenly distributed they would stay that way.

So you answered him. I wanted him to work that out for himself.

The main point is matter, even if originally evenly distributed, won't stay that way because of gravity, therefore would start clumping from day one and ...[text shortened]... ng those heavies throughout the universe, confined usually to the galaxy the nova took place in.
I believe the main point is that there is no evidence of the Big Bang. That theory is what you call made up by man. 😏

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Dec 15
2 edits

Originally posted by twhitehead
So you say. But I am sure that adherents disagree.
Christianity, Judaism and Islam, can all be shown to be just as much invented - but you won't get very far trying to convince adherents.
In fact I fail to see how you would go about showing that Mormonism or Scientology were invented that didn't work equally well for the others.
Let me take a stab at this.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints was created by Joseph Smith.
The Church of Scientology was created by L. Ron Hubbard.
The Jehovah's Witnesses was created by Charles Taze Russell, although Joseph Franklin Rutherford can be credited with taking the movement Russell started and making the organization that more closely matches what we see today.

Islam was created by Muhammed, although adherents would argue that it was God (or Allah) who verbally revealed the Qur'an to Muhammed.

Who created Christianity?
Who created Judaism?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
23 Dec 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
Let me take a stab at this.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints was created by Joseph Smith.
The Church of Scientology was created by L. Ron Hubbard.
The Jehovah's Witnesses was created by Charles Taze Russell, although Joseph Franklin Rutherford can be credited with taking the movement Russell started and making the organization that more ...[text shortened]... who verbally revealed the Qur'an to Muhammed.

Who created Christianity?
Who created Judaism?
Paul created Christianity. It rightfully should have been called Paulism but that would have been too honest.

Judaism and all other religions were man made, pure and simple. It's a shame so many billions of various religions still fall for that scam.

b

Moves
23 Dec 15

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
It's actually an interesting question - why do people hold religious beliefs? You're not the first to ask it.

The answer is complex, but to give a simplified answer, it has to do with the strong tribal urges of people; as society progressed beyond hunter-gatherer tribes, the primitive urge to belong to a "tribe" remained. These modern tribes take man ...[text shortened]... le grow older, such beliefs tend to stick around even when there is no evidence to back them up.
This forum is no place for logic and common sense.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
24 Dec 15

Originally posted by Captain Strange
An explosion does not cause objects to rotate around each other.
I was working on the assumption that your earlier post was a joke, but I'm not so sure now. What reason do you have for thinking that objects which were not orbiting each other should not be caused to be as the consequence of an explosion?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Dec 15

Originally posted by DeepThought
I was working on the assumption that your earlier post was a joke, but I'm not so sure now. What reason do you have for thinking that objects which were not orbiting each other should not be caused to be as the consequence of an explosion?
Explosions do not cause order. Surely you are educated enough to know that. 😏

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Dec 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
Explosions do not cause order. Surely you are educated enough to know that. 😏
You should perhaps get more educated on just what the BB really was, which was NOT an explosion. You really parade your extreme ignorance with statements like that.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Dec 15

Paul created Christianity. It rightfully should have been called Paulism but that would have been too honest.

Judaism and all other religions were man made, pure and simple. It's a shame so many billions of various religions still fall for that scam.
It would have been stupid to call Christianity "Paulism" when it is all about Christ. It would be equally stupid to call Christianity "Johnism" or "Peterism" or any other "ism" named after any of the other apostles of Christ.

You continue to get more stupid as time goes by.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Dec 15

You should perhaps get more educated on just what the BB really was, which was NOT an explosion. You really parade your extreme ignorance with statements like that.
If the "Big Bang" is not a big explosion, perhaps it is the author of the theory that needed more education to know to name it something else.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Dec 15

Originally posted by brush
This forum is no place for logic and common sense.
It's a good thing he didn't bring any then.

K

Germany

Moves
25 Dec 15

If the "Big Bang" is not a big explosion, perhaps it is the author of the theory that needed more education to know to name it something else.
The author(s) of the theory didn't name it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Dec 15
1 edit

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
The author(s) of the theory didn't name it.
Then who named it? Spit it out. 😏

According to the Big Bang theory, the expansion of the observable universe began with the explosion of a single particle at a definite point in time. This startling idea first appeared in scientific form in 1931, in a paper by Georges Lemaître, a Belgian cosmologist and Catholic priest.

http://www.amnh.org/education/resources/rfl/web/essaybooks/cosmic/p_lemaitre.html

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
25 Dec 15

According to the Big Bang theory, the expansion of the observable universe began with the explosion of a single particle at a definite point in time. This startling idea first appeared in scientific form in 1931, in a paper by Georges Lemaître, a Belgian cosmologist and Catholic priest.

http://www.amnh.org/education/resources/rfl/web/essaybooks/cosmic/p_lemaitre.html
Fred Hoyle

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
26 Dec 15

It would have been a real stretch for you to have just googled it. Intellectual laziness is your calling card. Fred Hoyle was the proponent of the everlasting universe, no beginning, no end. He called it the Big Bang as a pejorative. Just as you do. Why am I not surprised.