1. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    08 Dec '22 20:23
    so far, so good
    but here is where it gets thicker
    i thought i offered a draw and the offer was declined/or never offered and i cannot determine which game it was that i offered the draw

after reading some other threads this day i think i will store draw offers in my notes so to help me remember what it is i've done, which games i've done so, and my name so i don't forget that either

are draw offers stored in game analysis somewhere i haven't seen?

thanks for deciphering my rambling
  2. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    09 Dec '22 07:06
    @rookie54

I asked Russ about adding a {=} to the pgn of a game when a draw is offered as you would to a tournament scoresheet if playing over the board. This was some years ago and he said he would look at it. @dcpk also made a thread about four years ago asking for similar. As far I can see the only upgrade has been in visibility of draw offers and whether a draw was agreed or claimed.

The ways you can do it are: send an in game message saying I have offered a draw which will then show in the game log screen and view main board screen when playing back through the game on site. Making a game note "draw offered on move 34" which you then have to keep if the game continues and could annoy popping up every time. Thirdly you can open game annotation and note it there. Annotated games cannot be published until after game finishes but you don't have to publish. Using annotate game is one way to record your thoughts each move on site as a game progresses but it is a faff as you have to open it in another screen. Otherwise you have to record off site in a chess database or pgn reader or dare I say pen and paper etc. If you then download the pgn for use in an offsite application you can add the draw offer manually there.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Dec '22 07:59
    @Ragwort
    Thread 162349, that was a very long time ago.

I didn't find the thread you referred to.
  4. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    09 Dec '22 08:55
    @Ponderable

Thread 173881 14 pages back is one I quoted. The thread I wrote in was a more general one I believe about site updates and may have been in the announcement forum.
  5. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    09 Dec '22 10:43
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Dec '22 11:41
    @ragwort said
    @Ponderable

Found it! Thread 187459
    Thank you, looked in the wrong Forum 🙁
  7. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    09 Dec '22 14:57
    @ragwort
    @Ponderable

thank you folks ever so much for yer insight, i am happy knowing i'm not the first
  8. High Wycombe, UK
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 12:01
    @rookie54
    An Automatic flag to record that a draw was previously offered in a game would be nice...but as Russ's time is limited, this probably isn't a priority.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree