Forum Mods

Forum Mods

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
06 Dec 08

One thing this did make me think of that is slightly annoying is how whenever you get sent a message by the forum moderator it auto deleted as soon as you leave the page.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
06 Dec 08
1 edit

We are discussing the forum moderation and are not the quality of online chess. Very Rusty has said it all by committing to a further 2 years - the chess is the best available online.
The forums are in my and others opinion over moderated and the majority of the results of over moderating are not communicated to the member/s other than a note suggesting that they were out of line.

F

Moves
06 Dec 08

Answer to Very Rusty and Mctayto (and others having the same ideas):

I see that we have better mods and worse mods. But I have also seen Forums elsewhere with no mods at all, and those places I wouldn't like to be very long. I'm glad we have moderators at RHP.

If you don't like some moderator in particular, then notify Russ about it via personal PM. And if he agrees with you (plural), he will do something about it. I have confidence in Russ.

I see a bigger problem, and that is some members trolling (and accuse others for trolling). I see mods as protection of this. The problems I've had, some have bean dealt with, just by alerting the moderator via link.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
06 Dec 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Answer to Very Rusty and Mctayto (and others having the same ideas):

I see that we have better mods and worse mods. But I have also seen Forums elsewhere with no mods at all, and those places I wouldn't like to be very long. I'm glad we have moderators at RHP.

If you don't like some moderator in particular, then notify Russ about it via personal PM. ...[text shortened]... . The problems I've had, some have bean dealt with, just by alerting the moderator via link.
You should go to spec savers as they do 2 for the price of 1 and neither pair is rose tinted 😉

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
06 Dec 08

Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
One thing this did make me think of that is slightly annoying is how whenever you get sent a message by the forum moderator it auto deleted as soon as you leave the page.
Rather than hit the delete button, go to any other page, my games... etc.

You're hitting delete to leave the page. Don't do that, and the message is still in the box.

Test conducted.

P-

IC

Moves
06 Dec 08
2 edits

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Rather than hit the delete button, go to any other page, my games... etc.

You're hitting delete to leave the page. Don't do that, and the message is still in the box.

Test conducted.

P-
Ah, you do watch the activities on people's PCs! 😛
*Closing browser "Google Images Bettie Page"*
🙁

IC

Moves
06 Dec 08

r

Moves
06 Dec 08

i think mods should be elected by the subscribers. a mod would have the job for one year. subscribers who wanted to be mods would list themselves for one month and be given 300 words to put forth their candidacy. a seperate forum would be created for this. subscribers would have a month to post under this one time allowed description. the would-be mods would not be allowed a reply during this month.
of the 10 highest voted winners russ would select from this ten the ones he would choose as mods but he could only choose out of this ten. the vote would be taken on the 30th day and russ would have to
set up a code to make sure that each subscriber only voted once.

IC

Moves
07 Dec 08

Originally posted by reinfeld
i think mods should be elected by the subscribers. a mod would have the job for one year. subscribers who wanted to be mods would list themselves for one month and be given 300 words to put forth their candidacy. a seperate forum would be created for this. subscribers would have a month to post under this one time allowed description. the would-be mods ...[text shortened]... 0th day and russ would have to
A Reading from the Book of Armaments, Chapter 4, Verses 16 to 20:

Then did he raise on high the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the people did rejoice and did feast upon the lambs and toads and tree-sloths and fruit-bats and orangutans and breakfast cereals ... Now did the Lord say, "First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
08 Dec 08

Originally posted by Ice Cold
Ah, you do watch the activities on people's PCs! 😛
*Closing browser "Google Images Bettie Page"*
🙁
Actually, these threads are public. They happen on my PC, and I might try to help out. They happen on your PC too, that doesn't make me hanging over your shoulder watching you type on your $7 dollar off-white keyboard.

P-

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
08 Dec 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Aren't we all paying Russ for his good work? (Or having a good free ride?) Why are we paying if we don't think so? If we're here just to debate, why not go elsewhere better place? Answer: Because we like it here. As it is. Because of the good work Russ's done here, what he has given us. So why growl?
Growling IS their point.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
09 Dec 08

Originally posted by reinfeld
i think mods should be elected by the subscribers. a mod would have the job for one year. subscribers who wanted to be mods would list themselves for one month and be given 300 words to put forth their candidacy. a seperate forum would be created for this. subscribers would have a month to post under this one time allowed description. the would-be mods ...[text shortened]... 0th day and russ would have to
I like the one year idea.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
09 Dec 08

Originally posted by Red Night
I like the one year idea.
Why aren't you here Thread 104762 defending me against the VICIOUS ATTACK?

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
09 Dec 08

Originally posted by Crowley
Why aren't you here Thread 104762 defending me against the VICIOUS ATTACK?
We all have to reap what we sow.

Moves
09 Dec 08